• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Annual Styleforum Gives Holiday Charity Auctions - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this auction for the wallet pictured? Or are there other options?

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I got sniped there .140

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Auction 2: Valextra Wallet from Leot James

Starts immediately, ends 5:00 p.m. PST, Tuesday, Dec 4, or 10 minutes after the latest bid, whichever comes later.

Every year, the members of the Styleforum thrift thread have a gift exchange where a donation for the SF charity drive is a requirement. This year, the members of that thread were able to raise around $550 for the Ronald McDonald House.

If that were not already extraordinarily generous, our long time and very involved and valued member, @HansderHund , also the owner of Leot James, and the organizer of the gift exchange, has donated a lovely Valextra breast wallet for the drive. An options can be seen here:
https://leotjames.com/products/valextra-milano-breast-wallet-with-notepad-burgundy-brown

DSC_0214_1024x1024@2x.jpg

DSC_0217_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Valextra makes some of the best leather products in the world.

As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (https://rmhcinlandnw.org/), an organization that helps house and feed the families of children who have to travel for medical care. It's an incredibly stressful and emotionally draining time for families, and financial issues associated with loss of time at work, only compound those stresses. The Ronald McDonald Houses do their best to alleviate that stress by providing food and shelter and a home away from home for these families. I know that during the holidays, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions.

The retail price is 165 Euros, approximately $188 USD, currently. We will start the bidding at just over 1/2 of the retail, or $100 (USD). The bidding will go by increments of $15 or greater.

Please bid generously to help the Ronald McDonald House.

Cheers,

Fok.

Big thanks to @LA Guy for allowing me to be a part of this! I’m happy to help such a worthy cause, especially if it involves getting someone to replace their George Costanzaesque wallet situation.

Is this auction for the wallet pictured? Or are there other options?

I’m open to any Valextra wallets I have. There are several models/colors available, but I’m not deep in stock on most of them by now. I may have a couple of variations available that are not online.

Another option is the “Grip Spring” in black:

BBD3EC60-761C-4543-B396-35981807D1F5.jpeg

A31FF5AD-4429-40F0-AE3F-E270EBA5AAFA.jpeg

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ooh, I have this 'spring' wallet and it's great.

Oh well, I'll stick a bid in for 160 then.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ooh, I have this 'spring' wallet and it's great.

Oh well, I'll stick a bid in for 160 then.

They’re awesome wallets. I don’t think black is currently on their website, but I think they are somewhere around €325-350.

I don’t know if it’s standard for all auctions, but I am going to cover shipping worldwide (from Austria)!

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
+1 for it being awesome. I have it in a light grey, bought in Milan from the valextra outlet

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
To keep it going...

If the auction hits my normal price (€165/USD$187), I’ll add this small notepad. I call it a car wallet, because I kneep one in my car. It comes with a few pages, but you can probably cut your own (or, if you’re lucky, have your assistant) to fit:

8776F579-D5CE-4EFE-9413-C911CDB4C29D.jpeg

+1 for it being awesome. I have it in a light grey, bought in Milan from the valextra outlet

I have one in elephant skin in storage that I can’t bring myself to use. Unfortunately, it’s not on the table for this auction.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
187 it is then. Though I have no use for a car wallet
You realize that a car wallet doesn't mean that you just have to use it in your car, right?

Just saying, so that people are not dissuaded from bidding because they believe otherwise.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
187 it is then. Though I have no use for a car wallet
@chobochobo takes this for $187. Thanks and congratulations. I am sure that you know the drill by now, but please email me at styleforum.net @ gmail.com with the subject line: "Styleforum Gives 2018 - Auction 2 Valextra Leot James", and we'll get your sorted! Congratulations again.

Next auction up in a sec!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auction 3: Any Two Pairs of Boots from Grant Stone!

Starts immediately, ends 5:00 p.m. PST, Wednesday, Dec 5, or 10 minutes after the latest bid, whichever comes later.

Wyatt Gilmore (@GrantStone, who can be found here) has been a long time member and reader of the forum over many years. At the age of 20, he moved to China, and immersed himself in learning about the Chinese footwear manufacturing industry. In 2016, after eigh years of study and immersion in the Chinese culture, he co-founded Grant Stone boots, which brings goodyear welted boots direct-to-customer.

For the 2018 charity auctions, Grant Stone generously donated four pairs of boots to benefit the Ronald McDonald House.

We have decided to split this into 2 separate auctions, each for two (2) pairs of boots. That's right. Win one auction, get two pairs of boots. The options can all be found here. You will have your choice of boots, but here are some pictures for inspiration:

07SIDE_2048x@2x.jpg

https://www.grantstoneshoes.com/collections/boots/products/diesel-boot-dune-chromexcel

06SIDE_2048x@2x.jpg

https://www.grantstoneshoes.com/collections/boots/products/diesel-boot-crimson-chromexcel

As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (https://rmhcinlandnw.org/), an organization that helps house and feed the families of children who have to travel for medical care. It's an incredibly stressful and emotionally draining time for families, and financial issues associated with loss of time at work, only compound those stresses. The Ronald McDonald Houses do their best to alleviate that stress by providing food and shelter and a home away from home for these families. I know that during the holidays, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions.

The retail price for the package of two(2) pairs of boots is $740 USD, We will start the bidding 1/2 of the retail price, $370 (USD). So, if you get in the first bid, it's essentially a BOGO! he bidding will go by increments of $35 or greater.

Winners will contact Styleforum directly at [email protected], please.

Please bid generously to help the Ronald McDonald House.

Cheers,

Fok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads