• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful HMs! I do think this showcases the denim shell better than any other model that was offered.

I was just looking at the online shell customization and was super confused about the markup. Had to double back on the site and found that shell is now $850/950. When did that jump occur? I am curious why AE didn't pull the marketing move of announcing a price increase was coming, in attempt to create a rush on shell purchases.

In regards to the stock vs customize pricing, it seems each model gets a $5 up-charge, plus an additional $25 for JRs. Does that match what others are seeing?

As someone else previously mentioned, it seems you can get JRs on non-shell models now. 'Member when AE would not allow this, even if paying the upcharge during a recraft? Guess that policy has changed...
I believe the reason for JR soles only on Shell shoes/boots was because they bought all the soles with the Horween Shell Cordovan stamp on the sole and thus they wouldn't use them on any other upper material.
1000009638.png

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have mentioned the JR sole thing. Mama Caleres will make sure to take that away soon.

I was told not to come in the office today because of the very unusual tropical storm. Flooding is actually bad in some areas, but not close to where I live. So, my first pair of Rancourt got the call. AE never re-released a boat shoe like this, otherwise, I could have bought from AE. I will say though, Rancourt makes an excellent boat shoe. The poron is fantastic.

IMG_20240205_121033085.jpg

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have mentioned the JR sole thing. Mama Caleres will make sure to take that away soon.

I was told not to come in the office today because of the very unusual tropical storm. Flooding is actually bad in some areas, but not close to where I live. So, my first pair of Rancourt got the call. AE never re-released a boat shoe like this, otherwise, I could have bought from AE. I will say though, Rancourt makes an excellent boat shoe. The poron is fantastic.

View attachment 2126357

I had sage Maritimes that looked very similar. Had to dig way back in the IG account to find these. Obviously this was before AE's sneaker craze.
IMG_5995.jpg

Natty Freeports today... Are y'all fans of the white welt stitch color? I wish they would have used something closer to tan.
IMG_5994.jpg

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had sage Maritimes that looked very similar. Had to dig way back in the IG account to find these. Obviously this was before AE's sneaker craze.

Natty Freeports today... Are y'all fans of the white welt stitch color? I wish they would have used something closer to tan.
View attachment 2126439
The white welt stitching is unique! I've never seen that on an AE boot. Viberg yes, but not AE.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for specs, so the custom options are tempting.

Toying with suede or grain...what say the weasels?

If you can swing it, nothing wrong with this.

If you had the chance the pick up a Freeport exactly like MiddleP's for $299, but on the other hand, you hate the tongue, would you do it? Asking for a friend.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you had the chance the pick up a Freeport exactly like MiddleP's for $299, but on the other hand, you hate the tongue, would you do it? Asking for a friend.
I would pick them up every day of the week and twice on Sundays. The tongue tag is an easy thing to hate on principle, but actually tougher to hate once they're on your feet and you can no longer see the issue. Go for it! Or, if they're 11.5D, send me the info and I'll go for it!

Tonight is beer and wing night with buddies at a local dive bar. Beater waxed suede Higgins Mill boots get the call for that one.

IMG_7486.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member