• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always say that I need more brown shell, but then I just never do when the opportunity arises. It is such a nice material, but when they offer limited colors, I just spring for those instead.

IMG_5560.jpeg
IMG_5561.jpeg

IMG_5562.jpeg
IMG_5559.jpeg
IMG_4741.jpeg
IMG_4746.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That longwing boot looks great!

It seems like a huge jump in price compared to the standard line of boots, and the standard line already had a pretty substantial boost in the price compared to just a year or two ago.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if @EdwardWilson will be interested in the Mason.

The soles look really nice. I can tell it's a big upgrade from their usual sole. I have a feeling these are going to be a very limited run, as in gone in a few months.

Dark chili week continues for me with the University on the 1943.

unnamed (3).jpg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The soles look really nice. I can tell it's a big upgrade from their usual sole. I have a feeling these are going to be a very limited run, as in gone in a few months.

View attachment 2236337
I haven't been paying a ton of attention to this release given the sphincter-clenching price point. But, I didn't get the sense this would be a limited release. I thought this was here to stay, at least for some time.

Was I mistaken?

With that being said, I like the look of the Maddox boot. Proportions on the vamp are really nice. But, I can't figure out a good fit on the 65, which means a last built off of that is going to be problematic. Of course, it's not as problematic as that $975 price point. I'm definitely far, far away from the target audience for AE on this one.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@donkeyhoatie I am only speculating and do not know what the plans are for the Reserve collection. I just don't know if it's good timing for a lot of people. On the other hand, maybe this collection was aimed at the people who are loaded? I don't know.

From my understanding, it is supposed to be here to stay for awhile. They are going into this knowing that they won’t be sellers. They have committed to making no more than 35 pairs per day, where they normally have the capacity to make 1000 normal pairs of shoes per day (iirc).

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From my understanding, it is supposed to be here to stay for awhile. They are going into this knowing that they won’t be sellers. They have committed to making no more than 35 pairs per day, where they normally have the capacity to make 1000 normal pairs of shoes per day (iirc).
They could probably just make them to order.

Pascal1980

Reaction score

View attachment 2236337
The reserve collection looks great!

The double-leather soles, lots of brouging, more derby styles than oxfords looks robust, practical yet stylish in its rugged way.

It shares design similarities with the rugged style with lots of brouging of the Hungarian-Austrian-German style of shoe making.

The full-wing derby and derby boot look great.

And they ship the shoes even to Germany.

Question: Using a Brannock-Device for measureing ones feet, do the shoes of Allen Edmands fit true-to-size given the measurement of length and width?

Best regards

Pascal

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be in Port Washington this weekend and will see if I can get any more information from the Shoe Bank staff on the reserve collection. I'll also be on the lookout for any trunk show rejects that have been designated F2.
Jealous. Say hi to Jean for me and also, see what they got in 8 D. :D

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdick222