• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tempur-Pedic vs Costco Novaform ?

BankerBoi

Reaction score
I am considering a mattress that will be easy on my back, and will not sag
and produce a hammock effect.

Tempur-Pedic vs Costco Novaform are the leading contenders.
My main concerns are getting too hot and sticky when sleeping over plastic foam,
and too much memory where the foam permanently sags.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempur has different mattresses with varying firmness

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
It seems like that would make non-sleep bedtime activities very difficult.

This is true and the reason why a water bed owner should always have a futon as backup.

calvin1663

Reaction score
ech...the idea of water beds have never been appealing...every time you roll over it moves under you...don't find that very appealing...

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Tempur has a patent on its foam density per cubic foot (5.3) so you're not going to find anything like it. They also have a strangle hold on prices for resellers so you're not going be able to haggle for it either. If you're a hot sleeper the posture pedic is a better choice per heat conduction as the Tempur's get hot quickly and stay that way.

As far as foam sag - the Tempur comes with a 20yr warranty so I wouldn't worry about it if thats the bed you choose go with. If you like foam beds and putting price and heat conduction aside, Tempur would be the way to go.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive thought about getting the costco mattress, $500 right? I have not considered Tempurpedic though, waaay too expensive.

I know they have good customer service though, my friend bought a tempurpedic with wedding money, they deliver it, assemble it, and let you change out the mattress if you find it too firm, soft, high, low, etc.

Reaction score
Given Costco's generous return policy you could probably use it for a couple weeks and if you don't like it, return it.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempurpedic is the biggest rip off on the planet. Close to 3 grand for some slow moving foam that's hot as hell, feels like quicksand, takes forever to mold to you when you turn, emits fumes, is toxic, and provides no "resistance" because you mold to it rather than an innerspring pushing up and supporting you...thanks but I'll pass.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Costco topper of 4" memory foam and it made a decent mattress much better.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about mattresses, but my ex-gf had an Ikea latex that was comfy, supportive, and cool. It worked pretty well for the non-sleep activities, too.
rimshot.gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like my tempurpedic pillow. I have tried generic memory foam pillows and they sucked compared to the original. I doubt that I'd get a foam mattress.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads