• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Technical Outerwear

Jolek

Reaction score
Ordered and received the Stretchnet insulated shirt. It's a great fit and warm without the weight. Does anyone have experience with the cargo pants, how's the material and the inseam?

colorblind

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Isaora's UX Parka Shell, basically their take on a fishtail? Can't seem to find a review online. I'm curious about their 3L fabric from Japan.

Also, I totally missed out on the Thanksgiving week sale. Do they do post-Christmas/New Year's?

Thanks!

Junglejack

Reaction score
Cannot say enough good things about the Westcomb pieces I have. Really have found Polartec Neoshell to be far more comfortable than GTX Pro/Proshell. While I have several Arc'teryx jackets all made in Canada with the exception of the Hyllus Hoody, have all but stopped wearing them with the exception of the Hyllus. The Hyllus (formerly Hercules) is the most comfortable technicalish piece of outerwear I own.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've only been sort of paying attention to Isaora for the past few years, but I think you're right. Everything seems a bit sleeker, a bit less openly technical. You're spot on about the bonded sweatpants, and I think the field pants look a little sloppy.

On the more positive side, I picked up a pair of sweatpants on sale earlier this year, and they're absolutely perfect. A reasonable drop crotch (noticeable, but not knee length), slim legs, and dope fabric (some sort of japanese woven that I don't really remember the details of). They're also lined in a cotton mesh, which is a really nice detail. Also, just received the neo zip up, and it's excellent. Fabric feels awesome, nice details like a small pocket on the left forearm, and most importantly, a badass, very structured fit. Totally recommend.

The sweatpants are all crazy short if you have long legs. Even despite the "look" they are way too short for me.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a plain merino turtleneck baselayer for exercising. Any options besides icebreaker?

S3E5P

Reaction score
I love Patrik Ervell's more tech stuff like this rain coat. I have the graphite one from a few seasons ago. It's made from an industrial abrasion resistant and waterproof Maharam textile and has all raw seams.

John-Galt

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. The tech-knit sweatshirts are pretty cool as well. Just got Flight Bomber and it's oozing with tech detailing

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tim Coppens uses tech materials and construction in a similar way to Ervell if you're looking for some other options. I wouldn't necessarily say they are similar designers, just the use of fabrics and things in non-traditional ways are similar.

John-Galt

Reaction score
Yea, I'd say they're both tech wear inspired but find their creative impetus elsewhere. Coppens likes futuristic paneled pseudo military wear while Ervell owns a period of America few touch.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone make a return to Isaora and not receive an update for 2.5+ weeks? I think it';s been 3 weeks now.

2 ignore emails. UPS shows the return as delivered and signed by "Lenny".

First time I had to file a claim with my CC. This will be the last time I will shop with the brand.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a spring jacket. Thoughts on Veilance Align vs. Arris vs. Isaora 3L?

And just to make sure, there's no chance I will ever find a pair of nikeacg cargos right?

Last edited:

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're willing to spend a little more and got the quickness, Acronym spring '16 drops tomorrow at 12PM EST.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads