• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SWD Discussion Thread for Tailoring

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tangential related I suppose, a friend decided to get sir tom baker suit for the R&R look, it is "ridiculous" (you can look up on their own website to see, some are normal some are way out there)

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tangential related I suppose, a friend decided to get sir tom baker suit for the R&R look, it is "ridiculous" (you can look up on their own website to see, some are normal some are way out there)
Wow different for sure. I mean, you have to know that's not a classic lounge suit you wear to work. So I suppose it's ok for a non -formal event?

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am attending a wedding in three weeks and am trying to put together a non traditional suit. The guests will mostly be creatives and everyone there will be swagged out. I went to Nepenthes today and found this Jacquard blazer which I promptly copped but I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the outfit. I can get the matching pants, which I'm heavily leaning towards:

1.jpg

2.jpg

or pants in another jacquard pattern:
3.jpg

4.jpg

Or some other option.

In addition, I'm trying to figure out what to wear underneath. This is a casual wedding by the ocean, but not on a beach. I was thinking espadrilles with a slutty light colored tee. If so, do I hem the pants? I would need to let out the waist of the matching pair regardless. Advice appreciated, especially from @sipang. I was gonna go to suitsupply but it wasn't swaggy enough.

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@accordion I was on board with the full suit but.. looking at it again today I like the other outfit more and more idk what to tell you. Not sure if it's jacquard overload or simply the suit trousers cut being too trim and tame for the overall vibe. I think I'd love it if the trousers had more of a Post Imperial/Tirailleur silhouette for example.

Feels less jarring in outfit 2 (I'm guessing the other trousers are the same cut) because the overall look is more classic from afar. I'd get plenty of wear out of that one as it is.

I gotta say, fabric aside, the jacket looks surprisingly great too, nice shoulder, lapels and length. Surprised it's from Nepenthes but I'm out of the loop.

Definitely something slipper-like and low profile for the shoes and I'd want something not too bright and with some kind of collar underneath, polo knit, tunic, shirt... Alternatively:

aaaaaa.jpg

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back again with some recent-ish outfits, to varying degrees of SW&D.

First up, two variations for a summer wedding in France I attended about a month ago:
Vintage Jockey blazer with Castaner espadrilles on the left, H&M womens linen trousers with vintage shirt and loafers on the right. Also my first panama, which I've sort of fallen in love with.
1689802526202.png
IMG_6310.png

And then two pictures from the past week, including a recently thrifted cord blazer and SWC sneakers on the left, and an old pinstripe Sir of Sweden suit paired with my usual LuxxeMx boots on the right.
IMG_6464.jpg
IMG_6548.jpg

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back again with some recent-ish outfits, to varying degrees of SW&D.

First up, two variations for a summer wedding in France I attended about a month ago:
Vintage Jockey blazer with Castaner espadrilles on the left, H&M womens linen trousers with vintage shirt and loafers on the right. Also my first panama, which I've sort of fallen in love with.

And then two pictures from the past week, including a recently thrifted cord blazer and SWC sneakers on the left, and an old pinstripe Sir of Sweden suit paired with my usual LuxxeMx boots on the right.
IMG_6464.jpg
IMG_6548.jpg

Bold of you to bring back the trucker.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bold of you to bring back the trucker.

I realize the connotations are a bit different in most parts of the US, but here in Sweden it's just a semi-trendy piece of headwear, usually worn by teenagers and young adults.

You've got some who wear more hype stuff like chrome hearts ones, then the people who like thrifting and wear vintage ones, and lastly a fair amount who rep ones by artists or bands they like etc.

Personally I'm going for something in-between 2nd and 3rd, often pairing em with tailoring and stuff, but the hats themselves are actually merch for a swedish artist called Boko Yout, who I'm a fan of and like to support :smile:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Scott Fraser suit is the longest thing I've hung from my person, but I think I'm coming around to it. I'm considering having the jacket shortened, but I have a feeling that is more of an undertaking than is worth.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@whorishconsumer How long are we talking? How does it wear compared to your Italian stuff?

I dug up some lighter shouldered sport coats I hadn't worn in a pretty long while and the stuff looks really off to me, I guess I leaned into the extended shoulder thing more heavily than I thought. Can't even imagine of over the top my a-bit-wider coats and sc must look to ppl outside of the bubble (everyone)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads