• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bitrave

Reaction score
Hey guys anyone tried the iteration of Havana with the single flap pockets (not the one with the ticket pocket and really wide lapels)? I have a couple of Havana's but would prefer one with flap pockets. Anyway if anyone can offer feedback on the fit, sizing and especially lapel width would be greatly appreciated. From what I can tell the sizing and fit are modelled on the old Hudson but then again I might be wrong.

The suit in question is

https://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/...efv1=Havana&prefn2=pocketID&prefv2=flappocket

pomor

Reaction score
Hey guys anyone tried the iteration of Havana with the single flap pockets (not the one with the ticket pocket and really wide lapels)? I have a couple of Havana's but would prefer one with flap pockets. Anyway if anyone can offer feedback on the fit, sizing and especially lapel width would be greatly appreciated. From what I can tell the sizing and fit are modelled on the old Hudson but then again I might be wrong.

The suit in question is

https://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/...efv1=Havana&prefn2=pocketID&prefv2=flappocket

Don’t think it’s modelled on the Hudson in this case — the shoulder is a regular good old Havana shoulder. I think this is like a Lazio without the lining and no shoulder padding. I think this is also too expensive for what it is — US 699. This should be priced at US 499. It’s just regular Barberis winter wool from what I can tell.

Again and again, I “admire” the stupidity of whoever pushed the decision to rename their fits last year.

gianm

Reaction score
Anyone want to give me some opinions on a fit check? I have some potato quality pictures. Not sure if I want to try a 36S.

Returningson

Reaction score
Really
How can you be disappointed against a brand who released a Cape !?

Seriously, some pieces are classics and it’s a pleasure, I love the brown (PoW?) 3p suit.

That's exactly what I thought. I love this Jort collection. That off-white suit alone is everything. The cape. Possible lit purchase.

gianm

Reaction score
Could I get some feedback on the fit of this Havana DB. It's the Emerald green one worn as a separate to highlight the length difference. I got a 36 (left) and a 36S (right).

I'm 5' 7 and it seems people suggest shorter jackets with DB suits. Sleeves would have to be let out on the 36S. I have a preference that I'll post after hearing back.

IMG_20181107_1.jpg

Returningson

Reaction score
I agree on the above. The jacket length on the 36R looks right too. The 36S could pass for “fashionably short” but i dont think thats the look you are going for. The rise on your pants is also affecting how the length of the jacket looks on your body too.

gianm

Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback. I initially thought the 36S might work, but my reaction was pretty much in line with everyone else. The shorter jacket just looked stubby and off.

The one thing that is bothering me a bit about this jacket is that it has quite a pronounced hourglass shape. It seems a bit excessive to me. Or am I overthinking it?

The rise on your pants is also affecting how the length of the jacket looks on your body too.

I learn a bit each day. By mentioning the rise, you've alerted me to the fact that most of my trousers probably aren't set right. The ones in the picture need another trip to the tailor too.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback. I initially thought the 36S might work, but my reaction was pretty much in line with everyone else. The shorter jacket just looked stubby and off.

The one thing that is bothering me a bit about this jacket is that it has quite a pronounced hourglass shape. It seems a bit excessive to me. Or am I overthinking it?

I learn a bit each day. By mentioning the rise, you've alerted me to the fact that most of my trousers probably aren't set right. The ones in the picture need another trip to the tailor too.
The 36R is a way classier (and classic) look. And I don't think the shape is feminine or too hourglass. It's flattering on you.

I've never been tempted by a double-breasted jacket before, but that one looks so good.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The double breasted jacket is designed to make the hourglass shape is it not? It makes you look trim but also really big at the same time. The 36 looks great.

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Hello , one question. I bought a pair of suede tassel loafer as meermins didn‘t fit me. Will the Shoes get significantly larger after breaking in ? As they now fit good but I‘m afraid they could get bigger

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads