• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PeAlves15

Reaction score
Cool, so through this i was able to access the outlet, however would it still allow us to ship to the U.S? Or am I just torturing myself by looking at things i want and can't have..

tgod93

Reaction score
Hi,

Nice but maybe it looks a bit tight on the waist (classic x pattern), which appears to be causing some bowing of the lapels. Also, I would pick a more formal shoe for an interview and a tie with more color contrast.

what do you mean by (classic x pattern)?
as for the bowing, do you think that could be because i had my hands in my pockets and in your opinion, is the bowing im experiencing an extreme case or minor? i just tried on my jacket and while resting there is about 1 cm gap between lapel and my chest (buttoned up)

Last edited:

tautology

Reaction score
Hi,

The x patterned crease centered on the button typically means the jacket is too tight. You want perhaps a very slight crease if you want a very slim fit but not too much. Ask someone to let the jacket out on the waist a bit. Of course you could post a better pic in a neutral position so people can evaluate the fit better.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this Havana Grey Check wool alpaca suit in real life? http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...7&cgid=Suits&gclid=CLCdwuGCqsMCFYtr7AodkWAA5g

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/soci...um=facebook&utm_source=WK03SET&utm_campaign=1

If so, thoughts? Too "loud"? Tasteful?

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CP, my 2 cents is that it is too loud, but then again I almost exclusively wear solid suits in blue or gray.
the fabric looks a little to much like something they would have upolstered sofas with in the sixties

Excellent reply!!!!' Thanks.

tgod93

Reaction score

i think it looks AWESOME. The ONLY thing I dont like about it are the patch pockets... Id prefer flaps. But yea, if you can pull off that casual/not super formal look like the model does, then it would look great. (Although I'd wear brown shoes rather than black, personally not a fan of black shoes)

p.s. the suit you took of a photo of in your last post ISN'T this suit right? cuz they look nothing alike...

Last edited:

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Just remember that almost everything on the Suitsupply website looks different in real life and in non-studio photos.

Their products usually look better in non-studio photos or real life to me.

In my opinion, that suit wouldn't be too loud for me as a casual suit, but there's no harm in ordering it and trying it out, then returning it if it's not to your liking.

Even if it is too loud as a suit, I'm sure the jacket and trousers would be pretty versatile as separates.

SS 376

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics