• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ferdsje

Reaction score

Good to know. Hopefully they just messed up my order. Will have to wait for customer service to reply

That' s great. Just waiting for pictures of your new jort suit. I was hoping to buy the navy one, but my size (eur 46) it's out of stock.

Mahoney320

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a Suitsupply hoodie? I'm curious as to sizing, as the size chart makes me thing I need to size up. I wear a 40L and am torn between a M and an L. Any thoughts on quality and sizing?

tautology

Reaction score
I wear size L on Jcrew and BR sweaters, and a 42R on suits from suitsupply. I am in between L and XL for suitsupply sweaters but the L is just too snug to take later shrinkage into account so I go with XL. I think you should be fine with an L, especially if you wash the sweater later and get some shrinkage.

I have their ivy linen sweater, the green linen sweater and a few cardigans. I am happy with the quality and the price is great especially considering there's no acrylic, like in comparable price stuff.

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I've done an experiment and I'm now looking for your opinion. Problem: like many others on this forum, my issue with SS is that it's not possible to do separates. Except for Napoli: I had to go with 102 for the jacket, but 106 for the pants. Solution: looking at suit measurements, I noticed that the Lazio jacket in 106 had measurements quite similar to that of a Napoli jacket in 102, though with longer sleeves and back (a plus in my case). Pant measurements, however, are similar across lines. So I decided to order a Lazio in 106. Indeed, the pants fit great. I'm less convinced about the jacket. As per the measurements, the Lazio 106 is a little looser than the Napoli 102. The good news is, no need to lengthen the sleeves. But I'm getting conflicting opinions about the look. My fear is that it looks a little big on me. Thoughts? I've posted the Napoli darker jacket also for comparison's sake. Thanks!
If the tailor thread is active you may want to post this question there, where trained tailors lurk and often answer from their point of view. My 2 cents, the Lazios look fine. Do they feel too big thru the chest or waist? If so, obviously you can alter to an extent.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are people wearing with the Jort Green Check tweed jacket? A while back someone posted a couple shots with jeans, which works well of course. Just curious what else looks good with it, and any general impressions.

It's too bad there aren't more jackets in the US Jort Collection. The suits w/ patch pockets just don't do it for me. Such an odd design choice.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should get wood from in store purchases. If you're looking for a similar wooden hanger of design and quality I would recommend the eHaberdasher hangers. I think they are $16 and they are fantastic.

I always get wood in the store. I mean, how couldn't you, the materials are so nice and the lighting and layout divine!

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are people wearing with the Jort Green Check tweed jacket?  A while back someone posted a couple shots with jeans, which works well of course.  Just curious what else looks good with it, and any general impressions.   

It's too bad there aren't more jackets in the US Jort Collection.   The suits w/ patch pockets just don't do it for me.  Such an odd design choice.   

Without seeing it in person, I'd guess you could probably could wear with tan, brown, lighter gray, and the SF-not-approved navy.

Last edited:

tautology

Reaction score
Imo, I would tend to get the best fit jacket then tailor the trousers, which is normally easier (and cheaper) to do with the right tailor. The trousers usually have quite a bit excess fabric so you can let them out about 2 inches if needed.

r.

tautology

Reaction score
Hi

I have purchased quite a few Suitsupply trousers and chinos at the outlet and store. So, I figured I would help people out after going through some fit struggles. Read this and you should save some $$ at the tailor.

Note: I have a pretty average/a bit muscular build with thighs slightly thicker than normal and I prefer my pants snug on the thighs when sitting down for a slimmer look when up.

Suitsupply Pants Fit Guide:

****To assess slim/regular fit: look at the pants foot width measurement. I have tried all fits except the Portofino fit (the orange blue pants) and this is the best measurement to assess how slim the pants are through the legs, hence, from slimmest to baggiest you would get:

Portofino> Braga> Brentwood> Porto> Tokyo> Baldwin> Sevilla> Brick

I would consider the Portofino super-slim, Brentwood and Braga very slim, Porto slim, Tokyo regular and Sevilla and Brick baggy. The only exception to the foot width rule is that the Porto has a slimmer leg opening than Brentwood, but is strangely wider on the thighs in my opinion.

If you look at the model pictures (the models have a very slim waistline) you will notice that Sevilla and Brick are already baggy on them. If you have an average waist (like me) the pants will look even baggier on your legs, and you will most likely also end up with excess fabric on the butt.

I really liked the fabric pattern of the Brick blue trousers from the Summer 2014 collection, so I got the right waist but ended up having to tailor everything else slimmer. Not worth it. I recommend staying away from the Brick fit. It kind of sucks.

If you are looking for the best fit for dress pants I highly recommend the Brentwood fit. For chinos, I highly recommend the Braga fit. The Braga runs shorter in length so you might have to go for the long if are over 6 feet tall. Do not buy Brick and Sevilla unless you are very muscular and/or overweight.

I think the cargo pants (Tokyo) have a fine fit considering they are supposed to be a bit more rugged. Any slimmer and they would look lame.

**** To pick the ideal waist size:

I recommend picking a pants measurement size about 1 inch lower than your regular waist measurement unless you have very muscular thighs or are overweight. The pants tend to widen a bit with usage. I prefer my pants to be stable without a belt. My waist measures 38 so I am comfortable with pants measuring 37. I do not tumble dry the pants so I did not notice any shrinkage. The actual sizing of suitsupply varies across the different fits from 36, 36L to 38, 38L to attain the 37 waist. If you have a different waist size, just pick whatever pants fits your waist best and get it hemmed. The L size may have a slightly higher rise.

Last edited:

tautology

Reaction score
Hi,

Nice but maybe it looks a bit tight on the waist (classic x pattern), which appears to be causing some bowing of the lapels. Also, I would pick a more formal shoe for an interview and a tie with more color contrast.

Last edited:

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Just an update on the Jort hanger affair. Customer service admitted they had made a mistake and are sending me a Jort hanger soon. So, all is well. As you can see from my picture, there is quite a big difference between the plastic and the wood...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdsakba