• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A couple items, like these two

http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/ja...99/C699,en_US,pd.html?start=20&cgid=Pre-Order
http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit.../P3714I,en_US,pd.html?start=19&cgid=Pre-Order

seem to be really close in texture to a flannel, but there's no mention of it in the description of the item. Is it just a similar type of weave or do they not think thats relevant information? Or am I just completely wrong? 

I emailed this question about the greay lazio to customer service yesterday. Their response was still bland: "It definitely uses a heavier wool and is more suited for the fall/winter."

Can i grab your opinion on the fit - below is the 36R

I also got the 38R, the 36R feels a lot more fitted but still comfortable.

Looks like shoulders and chest fit fine. Maybe a touch of bowing in the lapels but that could be from holding your arm up. Same trendy short-ness as the other Regular length Havana's.

Last edited:

Displacement

Reaction score
Something from their Fall lineup is better suited for Fall? Wow, great job customer service. I have called a couple times and have found their reps to be about as knowledgeable as your average Jos A Bank rep.

Miklas

Reaction score

This is the one I like the most, too. Fabric is really nice and the Lazio cut fits me pretty good.
Might also buy it...

I got it now, talk about quick delivery! I ordered last night around 8 and it showed up at my doorstep at noon today.

The fabric rocks and it´s a perfect autumn suit. It needs to have the legs shortened a bit and the sleeves shortened 1-2 cm and that´s it. I´ll post some pics when it´s back from the tailor.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually really like their contemporary lineup... (i have a short torso / long legs), but i wish they had some basic staple suits in the havana fit...

do you think any of the jackets from F/W are suitable for all seasons (minus summer)?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How does SuitSupply compare in comfort, quality, and fit to PRL (half canvassed) and RLBL, Paul Stuart, or Samuelsohn (full canvas)?

Fit is dependent on your build and the exact models you compare, so I'm not sure you're going to get a clear cut answer to that.

Being in the UK, I'm not familiar with Paul Stuart of Samuelsohn's wares, but I would say that the mid-point of fabric quality range of both Polo and Black Label is higher than SS (esp. Polo, which can have some really nice fabrics). SS construction generally seems more straightforward too, although of a perfectly acceptable quality. However, these differences are more than reflected in the price, making SS an excellent value proposition if you're happy enough with its quality (especially true if comparing price to non-sale RL). If you place a particularly high value on higher-end luxury cloths, you may not find enough of what you like in SS. I suggest visiting a SS shop & having a good look round to get a feel for the range yourself, but that's my vibe.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i actually really like their contemporary lineup... (i have a short torso / long legs), but i wish they had some basic staple suits in the havana fit...

do you think any of the jackets from F/W are suitable for all seasons (minus summer)?

Not really. On top of assuming they'd make them in heavier fabric weights, a lot of the stuff is earth toned.

Even if they had regular navy stuff I'd expect the fabric weight alone to be too much for spring weather in most locations.

DHD28

Reaction score
Is it possible to have SS make a vest of the same material, transforming it to a 3 piece? Really looking to get the light grey plain Lazio but I really want this as a 3-piece.

Danno

Reaction score

Agreed, I'd really like a basic light grey havana suit.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it possible to have SS make a vest of the same material, transforming it to a 3 piece? Really looking to get the light grey plain Lazio but I really want this as a 3-piece.

i asked about this for another suit and they said they were willing to do that for about 200ish i believe.

Keal19

Reaction score

Just a quick update on what I bought, I will PM everyone who asked for something, if your a size 38 then your in luck! Not so lucky if all you wanted was a navy suit, they weren't discounted at all or were in odd sizes that I couldn't risk buying.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like a great haul.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads