• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GradSchooler

Reaction score
^^ Oddly that one isn't available for pre-order in Canada. Too bad. I quite like that one.

bearback

Reaction score
yjeezle, not sure why you're not finding it but i clicked on your link and was able to find a 36S and was not grayed out.

FYI, not sure if their sizing is a bit different but my chest measures 38 but they fit me in a 36S in the Napoli cut based on my shoulders. It fit great, including the chest. Maybe I have narrow shoulders? That same day I went to BB and tried on a 38S 1818 Milano (always been 38S) and it fit me well. Asked to try a 36S and it was way too small.

i kinda like this one:
http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/ja.../C685,en_US,pd.html?start=10&cgid=Pre_Jackets

does suit supply hate short people? i can't find a 36s on pre-order...

bearback

Reaction score
anyone else curious why they sell cargo pants and even suggest pairing jackets with cargo pants in some of their models?

are they trying to bring cargos into style??

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
anyone else curious why they sell cargo pants and even suggest pairing jackets with cargo pants in some of their models?

are they trying to bring cargos into style??
Because its been a trend for awhile now. SS has many great pieces and a lot of lame #menswear stuff too.
They're not where you shop if you are fuddy duddy low armhole wearing conservative type (thats not fair they do have conservative stuff, but the whole concept of suit supply is to push the envelope with regard to pairing unorthodox pieces, etc). It's not about whether it's wrong or not.

Last edited:

g-banger

Reaction score
wohoo - my suit supply jacket has arrived. So impressed with the speed and packaging of the jackets.

Can i grab your opinion on the fit - below is the 36R

I also got the 38R, the 36R feels a lot more fitted but still comfortable.

this is my first proper jacket not apart of a suit and would love to have it as a staple piece in my wardrobe.

thanks!

CrimsonSox

Reaction score
How does SuitSupply compare in comfort, quality, and fit to PRL (half canvassed) and RLBL, Paul Stuart, or Samuelsohn (full canvas)?

The Gold Bug

Reaction score
Some items off the F/W collection are looking pretty nice but it's a shame all the odd jackets are basically contemporary fits.

I would've loved them to come up with an odd jacket Sienna or La Spalla...

BenMurphy

Reaction score
Some items off the F/W collection are looking pretty nice but it's a shame all the odd jackets are basically contemporary fits.

I would've loved them to come up with an odd jacket Sienna or La Spalla...

I think there's more stuff coming, I was hoping for some different options as well (there are some confusing things like other fabrics of items in the pre-sale that are not currently available).

Unrelated..
A couple items, like these two

http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/ja...99/C699,en_US,pd.html?start=20&cgid=Pre-Order
http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit.../P3714I,en_US,pd.html?start=19&cgid=Pre-Order

seem to be really close in texture to a flannel, but there's no mention of it in the description of the item. Is it just a similar type of weave or do they not think thats relevant information? Or am I just completely wrong?

The Gold Bug

Reaction score
I don't think either of them are flannel.

The first one is probably a wool/polyamide blend, which would explain the fuzziness and the absence of reference to flannel.

The second doesn't look like flannel from the close up.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
I'm really digging all the Havana odd jackets for this years F/W collection. Some of the suiting is pretty great, but I'll be all over the odd jackets like a rash!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads