1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Well-Known Member

How do you like the quality of their shirts? Did you get it tailored by them as well?

2. JBG89

JBG89 Well-Known Member

Anyone have anything in a size 36 they want to sell?

3. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

4. lierre

lierre Well-Known Member

5. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Well-Known Member

Im a 38 in the Washington, Lazio, Soho and Boston.

I had to go down to a 36 in the tux (Ive heard it's the napoli fit?) and it was perfect.

6. lierre

lierre Well-Known Member

Thanks Nefarious! Would you by any chance know how much the sleeves can be lengthened on the tux? (The Napoli sleeves are typically way too short for me.)

7. Ketawa

Ketawa Well-Known Member

Any feedback on the SuitSupply MTM? I have tried the Napoli in the past in a long size, but the jacket was still borderline too short and I thought the buttoning point was high on me (I'm 6'5").

I don't own a suit and am just looking for a workhorse charcoal suit for whenever I need to wear one. A trip to the DC or NY store might be possible for me next month.

8. JBG89

JBG89 Well-Known Member

Was told that the store "Isn't setup yet, and will not be available to US customers"

9. jayw

jayw Well-Known Member

I e-mailed them about the NE online outlet, since I'll be passing through Amsterdam next month, and he said he would check with the marketing department and then let me know. If anyone was wondering.

10. Horenste

Horenste Well-Known Member

Definitely keep us informed! Seems strange they aren't opening up the outlet to the US, as they are continuing to expand full line stores here.

11. Poncho1992

Poncho1992 Well-Known Member

Getting my MTM back next week so I'll let you know then. The actual fitting process is a pleasant experience though, the staff were very knowledgeable and friendly.

12. jayw

jayw Well-Known Member

Their reply:

Thank you for your message. At this moment we are trying out for Dutch customers only but please subscribe to our newsletter so that you will be notified should we extend it to all of Europe.

13. Easts

Easts New Member

Curious to know what sort of material is left in SS tousers to be taken down? I've read a few posts which indicate they may come unhemmed? or is this instore only? or am I dreaming that up? I note the sleeves can only be taken down so much due to the functioning button holes.

I'm 201cm and 105kg (6ft 7 / 230 lbs) and can rarely get a suit off the rack in Australia and have had MTM in the past (not cheap in Australia), but looking to save a few dollars this time round. Have ordered 3 suits in varying styles to see which fit is best (take advantage of the free return if required).

Chocsosa - hopefully you see this, as I've seen in one of your posts you are 6ft 8?

Thanks all.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  14. JDMills

JDMills Well-Known Member

Ok quick question, whats the most relaxed fit, Napoli or London (of all the fits) i mean

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  15. kashmir

kashmir Well-Known Member

i heard dutch people are tall

16. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
  17. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

I need the code too! [​IMG]

18. jayw

jayw Well-Known Member

It turned out to be only for Dutch customers, at least at the moment.

19. chocsosa

chocsosa Well-Known Member

Hey Easts..sorry for the late reply..I have found the pants are long enough for me and I have very long legs.. not enough for a cuff..(which never happens with RTW).. but enough for a plain hem that covers the shoe..I have only purchased the Napoli suits but have tried on the Sienna and a Washington half..the Sienna was too short for my tastes and the Washington half fit well off the rack but I had to size up for my frame (6"8 250lbs)..the Napoli was the best fit for me.. the pants fit well too.. but I have very skinny legs for my size..skinny legs, smaller waist, and very broad shoulders and chest..hope this info helps..

20. Wess

Wess Well-Known Member

Very similar, the London might be a tiny bit more roomy. The main difference is the slightly lower button stance (not even an inch) and the more heavily padded shoulders on the London.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013