• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit Tailor - Melbourne, Australia

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Probably a stupid question, but did Jantzen ever send back the shirt that you sent them to be copied?

There's always that doubt isn't there? Yes they did send it back. Everything went to plan, for me at least. The only problem is selecting fabrics from a computer monitor, although I've been very surprised - most have actually turned out a lot better than I would have thought. Some have been superb, a couple average but certainly wearable. One or two of the Jantzens themselves I would like to send back to have copies made so I can have duplicates - I stupidly got some of the fabric numbers mixed up. Make sure you keep a record of the numbers and which shirt they correspond to.

misterjase

Reaction score
I believe so. He has suggested to me as such as an option to get a shirt from off-the-rack to fit me well. I
think he has started to make as well. I have noticed cloth around the place.

penguin vic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
I think I understand the difference between bespoke and MTM in terms of say, bespoke vs zegna MTM. But what is the difference between the bespoke and MTM suits offered by Adriano; does he offer existing OTR suits that he customises?
confused.gif

Best bet is to ring him up and talk to him.

misterjase

Reaction score
Adriano does not offer off-the-rack but if you have a suit, jacket, trousers, shirt from elsewhere he can alter it.

A MTM suit from him is a suit from a stock pattern (adjusted for you) whereas a bespoke suit from him is a suit from an individual pattern (customised for you). With a bespoke suit, you can tweak the amount of handwork to suit the budget.

It would be best that you have a talk to him about what you want.

-AJ-

Reaction score
Saw this thread float back to the top and thought I'd post a pic or two of the final product. Pics are from the wedding day in October which was 30degC, so forgive me if my tie looks a little loose!

Adriano did a great job and was very helpful working with me to get what I wanted.

Recommended!

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by -AJ-
Saw this thread float back to the top and thought I'd post a pic or two of the final product. Pics are from the wedding day in October which was 30degC, so forgive me if my tie looks a little loose!

Adriano did a great job and was very helpful working with me to get what I wanted.

Recommended!

AJ, you and your wife both look very happy; congratulations. Also, the suit is great. I think you will wear it for many years to come. It looks great now and will likely do so in 2070! :p

bachamp

Reaction score
To dig up and old thread.

I have a budget of $1000, and want to buy a suit, what are my best options.

I like the idea of MTM, but dont know if I can afford it.

aKula

Reaction score
Adriano Carbone made a dinner suit for me. I'm very happy with the result, might post pictures if I get my hands on a digital camera. Will be returning there for another suit soon most likely.

Bachamp I don't know if 1000 is enough for these tailors. Others in this thread have mentioned 1200-1600 as a starting price at Carbone. Best to call and ask. A lot will depend on the cloth chosen. Maybe try Herringbone RTW for a good suit at that price? Others will be able to provide better advice.

Has anyone had any shirts made by Charles Edward? Might go there to order a few shirts in the coming days.

Also, this is a long shot but has anyone try the tailor on Elgin street? The one very close to the corner of Lygon and Elgin? I had him fix the breast pocket on one of my suits.

misterjase

Reaction score
It is good to hear from satisfied customers of Adriano. We need to support the decent tailors we have got.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads