• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit fit critique please

streethawk

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just bought a suit from Suit supply and wanted to get your opinions on the fit.
I am guessing the jackets sleeves have to be shortened half an inch or so, and trousers should be lengthened half an inch.

It would be great if some of you can give your opinions.
Thanks in advance.

1)

2)

3)

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, I would consider lengthening the trousers a tiny bit. As it stands, your socks are showing.

Of course if that's the look you want, go for it. But it's not 'classic'.

Cheers,

Ac

streethawk

Reaction score
Thank you both for the suggestions.
I am considering lengthening the trousers by half an inch and shortening the sleeves by half an inch.
I am not sure if there is anything else to do.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I think the jacket might be just a tiny bit short, too, though it's certainly possible that's just a consequence of the camera angle.

Cheers,

Ac

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who made this rag?

The coat is too tight, sleeves longish but why are the cuff buttons stranded so high up?

The trouser legs are uneven and too short generally, they should break onto your shoes. Suggest return and buy one that fits better from the off.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume this is MTM? The jacket should've been cut from a larger pattern, it's too tight. Trousers too short.

streethawk

Reaction score

Who made this rag?

The coat is too tight, sleeves longish but why are the cuff buttons stranded so high up?

The trouser legs are uneven and too short generally, they should break onto your shoes. Suggest return and buy one that fits better from the off.

This suit is from Suit supply.
I had a couple of minor alterations done to the suit, so I cant return. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I assume this is MTM? The jacket should've been cut from a larger pattern, it's too tight. Trousers too short.

I will have the trousers lengthened and jacket let out in the back. Its not MTM. Its OTR with a couple of alterations.

Balance issue between the front and back. Short front balance

Yes, I see that. Do you think that can be fixed/altered?

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ask a tailor in person about the balance. Not whoever already altered the suit. The upper arms, shoulders, and mid-back also look wrong.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It could be just the way you stand for the picture pose, but from the front, it looks like you have lower left shoulder creating uneven look; more ripple around left chest than right. Like others said, I think you should shorten the sleeves and lengthen the pants. Also, lower back of the jacket appears to be too tight. If there is extra cloth, may you can ask your tailor to let out seams.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics