• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephane Jimenez Bespoke Shoes

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Since you don't buy shoes, your comment about how to buy shoes makes you, in your own logic and words, inauthentic, posing, and belligerent.

I've not given anyone any advice about how to buy shoes. I'm not an expert in buying shoes although the first hand, objective expertise I have about the relative merits of GY vs HW does relate....for those who are themselves objective enough to listen.

Why? Because I earned it. How about you?

That said, it was you in particular I had in mind when I made that comment. You're the poster boy for ill-informed, contentious, pretentious, and entitled.

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've not given anyone any advice about how to buy shoes. I'm not an expert in buying shoes although the first hand, objective expertise I have about the relative merits of GY vs HW does relate....for those who are themselves objective enough to listen.

Why? Because I earned it. How about you?

That said, it was you in particular I had in mind when I made that comment. You're the poster boy for ill-informed, contentious, pretentious, and entitled.

I have bought a lot more (#DIV/0! to be specific) Goodyear welted, hand sewn welted, and bespoke shoes than you ever did. And you cant blame me for taking your side on the GY vs HW debate.

Contentious? You had me in mind when you dump a wall of text. Kettle calling pot ___.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought that thread was about Stephane Jimenez.

Why don't we keep it to Jimenez and stop this p...ing contest about people's qualifications (or not, as the case may be). As nobody on this forum has ever met Jimenez, nor seen his work in the flesh, everyone's opinions are equally valuable or equally worthless.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Why don't we keep it to Jimenez and stop this p...ing contest about people's qualifications (or not, as the case may be). As nobody on this forum has ever met Jimenez, nor seen his work in the flesh, everyone's opinions are equally valuable or equally worthless.

I agree--the whole bit about self-praise, self-proclaimed expertise or how things are said rather than what is said, was entirely OT and took us a somewhat afield, didn't it?

Good thing we have hall monitors.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont want to have a big public profile here so i am not really going to get into details but i do have a working knowledge of orthopedics.

By tibia ankle i assume you mean lateral/medial malleolar (ankle fxs) or are you allowed to do tibial nails, tibial plateaus etc... without an MD being the primary surgeon. I only ask bc some states are more liberal than others in their restrictions, MA being very restrictive (i.e dpms cant even do ankle scopes).

Just tell me you dont do Subtalar arthroereisis? So i can go back to work in piece.

Anyways do what makes you happy, YOLO as they say

of course, but yes I also do nails, etc. I actually have an IM nail this Thursday! No regular MD Ortho involved. Yes we have a very liberal scope here so I was trained in all of it, plus I trained under MD oath's through out all of med school. Not just on foot/ankle either, but general ortho. I just can't do those cases not in the LE on my own, of course. Well I guess I could but not in the legal scope of practice, so I'd only help if a colleague needed a set of able hands.

Wow they can't do scopes? What a shame.

haha. I won't even comment on arthroeresis. They are way to controversial at this point, but I have to say that I did help with a few as a med student and saw some amazing results.

Thanks and yes it does make me very happy, as I'm sure your work does for you.

But I love working with biomechanics and both orthotic and shoe modifications just as much because the conservative treatment (including custom shoes at times) can make a huge difference in preventing the need for surgery, which is one of the reasons I got so into last design.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree--the whole bit about self-praise, self-proclaimed expertise or how things are said rather than what is said, was entirely OT and took us a somewhat afield, didn't it?

Good thing we have hall monitors.

Thank you !!!!!!!

I've been hoping someone would mention that and allow us to get back to the actual topic, which is Jimenez!

I have not met him either, but have spoken quite a bit by email. I'd love if we could get him involved as a member on here and then get him over to the US.

Anyone else want to see his work in the US and then meet him?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Gregory, i'm Stephane's partner.
As he don't speak english and spent most of his time in the workshop, I will be his voice here.

Feel free to ask us anything you want to know, we will be really happy to answer you !

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hello everyone,

My name is Gregory, i'm Stephane's partner.

As he don't speak english and spent most of his time in the workshop, I will be his voice here.

Feel free to ask us anything you want to know, we will be really happy to answer you !

How many pairs of shoes per year does the workshop make? Any photos of Stephane and his wife making shoes?

Reaction score
How many pairs of shoes per year does the workshop make? Any photos of Stephane and his wife making shoes?

Hi ThinkDerm,

The workshop producing capacity is about 15-20 pairs a year, depending of the type of order.

Tomoe & Stephane are not really comfortable with cameras and do not chase flashes. Since I know them and work with them, they always told me that they prefer to put their hands first, rather than their face in our communication.
But you will find some pictures of Stephane on our Facebook page -can't hide during a Trunk Show haha !

When you see hands with worker fingers and hairy forearms on our pictures, this is Stephane. Obviously, finer fingers are those of Tomoe.
Nobody else work on our shoes.

Here's two pictures for you :
The first one that I post today on our social medias : Stephane working on a customer pair that will be delivered soon
The second one is Tomoe sewing our Borgo model, two months ago.

Thank you !

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi ThinkDerm, The workshop producing capacity is about 15-20 pairs a year, depending of the type of order. Tomoe & Stephane are not really comfortable with cameras and do not chase flashes. Since I know them and work with them, they always told me that they prefer to put their hands first, rather than their face in our communication. But you will find some pictures of Stephane on our Facebook page -can't hide during a Trunk Show haha ! When you see hands with worker fingers and hairy forearms on our pictures, this is Stephane. Obviously, finer fingers are those of Tomoe. Nobody else work on our shoes. Here's two pictures for you : The first one that I post today on our social medias : Stephane working on a customer pair that will be delivered soon The second one is Tomoe sewing our Borgo model, two months ago. Thank you !
Hi Gregory! It is great to see you on here too. Happy you've joined! I hope we will get to see these shoes as they are finished.

Reaction score
Hi Gregory! It is great to see you on here too. Happy you've joined!

I hope we will get to see these shoes as they are finished.

Hi Matthew !

Sure, we will post here our finished work. Some pairs should be delivered this month !

About our little agreement, I just sent you in DM the GPS location of where to dig.

tumblr_mr63tonWZt1r3xhpio1_400.jpg

Say hello to Justin and Hugo there
wink.gif

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^
biggrin.gif

I have to say that I think it's a bit funny that people are suspicious that "all of a sudden everyone wrote about Stephane Jiminez". I mean, he just set up his own brand, it would be hard for people to write about him before. And if Justin, Hugo and so on would wait to write about him until next year or something, people would probably complain about it being "old news". It's hard to please the internet society.

We'll probably see the same thing Philippe Atienza now..

Last edited:
Reaction score
^^^
biggrin.gif

I have to say that I think it's a bit funny that people are suspicious that "all of a sudden everyone wrote about Stephane Jiminez". I mean, he just set up his own brand, it would be hard for people to write about him before. And if Justin, Hugo and so on would wait to write about him until next year or something, people would probably complain about it being "old news". It's hard to please the internet society.

We'll probably see the same thing Philippe Atienza now..

You're right, and for information we was mentioned on PG in October 2015 and on The Shoe Snob Blog on March 2016. That was... so sudden.
That was the only two articles about our work. (Jesper, we're preparing your red Adidas bag)

We manage our communication by ourselves and, believe it or not but excluding two domain names and website hosting costs, we didn't spend a single euro on it. DIY Powered.
Fortunately, traditional bootmaking and ease with IT & social medias are not contradictory in 2016
smile.gif

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're right, and for information we was mentioned on PG in October 2015 and on The Shoe Snob Blog on March 2016. That was... so sudden.

That was the only two articles about our work. (Jesper, we're preparing your red Adidas bag)

We manage our communication by ourselves and, believe it or not but excluding two domain names and website hosting costs, we didn't spend a single euro on it. DIY Powered.
Fortunately, traditional bootmaking and ease with IT & social medias are not contradictory in 2016 :)

Haha great, I'll make sure to put together a real tribute then
1f60a.png

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davm22