• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is this what it's like to have a stranger kick your dog? (8)

seriously tho kinda baffling, from what i could tell schneider was selling incredibly well for them. rarely saw much make it past 30% off, and even then pickings were often slim by the time that sale level hit.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
my guess is that there's too much competition now carrying SS

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
e: redacted

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
well business suffers when everyone else is carrying it, plus it'll give him a chance to pick up a new line like he's always done

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah makes sense I suppose. Still feel like they were one of the top buyers and probably had enough customer loyalty to not suffer from additional stockists being in the mix, but then again I don't run a shop so I can't really judge.

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

is this what it's like to have a stranger kick your dog? (8)

seriously tho kinda baffling, from what i could tell schneider was selling incredibly well for them. rarely saw much make it past 30% off, and even then pickings were often slim by the time that sale level hit.

my guess is that there's too much competition now carrying SS

nah, said he was losing money on the stuff...and too many others carrying SS (from brick and mortars in the area even, not just online vendors picking up the stuff) as contributing

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heh, that's really surprising.

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BEE Cardigan

wow, so good..SS has a serious gift for making fabrics

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nah, said he was losing money on the stuff...and too many others carrying SS (from brick and mortars in the area even, not just online vendors picking up the stuff) as contributing

Considering the other brands that are featured are Gitman and BoO that's a weird argument. I can't imagine anyone buys either of those brands at full price; plus, he's competing with places like Barneys and Nordstrom, who can mark that stuff down 40% and still survive. Leder is a bit different, certainly.

Maybe someone else will pick Schneider up.

One interesting candidate is Totakelo in Seattle. I've mentioned Schneider to them before. If people want another US stockiest, might be a good idea to start writing letters.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brothersport: Owen NYC has that colorway.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smdh

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another good store dropping Schneider, say it ain't so...Southwillard? RIP to that as I always their buys and always eagerly anticipated their drops since Ryan always made good buys. Losing money on SS is the same reason I got from Tres Bien when I inquired about why they dropped the line and chose not to carry them anymore.

What's this about Forward carrying SS this season? Can't imagine much stock, but if that's true, I'm curious about the buy and when they will get their first shipment.

Listing for the BEE in 3 finally up if anyone was interested.

Last edited:

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brothersport: Owen NYC has that colorway.

Thanks cyc. Just called and they said they only have a black colorway w/ gray sleeves (???) but only in size V.

Blargh. Hoping it shows up in some shop's later shipments...

Wade

Reaction score
^Maybe you guys got confused on the wrong jackets?

I emailed them yesterday after the guy posted that owen had them and got a reply back that they have:

Navy Body/Beige Sleeve: Sizes 5,6,7
Blue Body/Navy Sleeve: Sized 4,6,7

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads