• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
may have to pick that one up

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
for the live of god can someone post some pics

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How soft/scratchy is BEE? waiting for mine in the post.
Think it'll be a little small for my liking but not uncomfortably so, but if anyone has a V they'd want to trade for a IV then send me a PM

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
pretty solid buy on wrongweather too bad site is painfully slow

i like the beeswax jacket though difficult to see details, wool wick coat appears to be good, blue solid cardigan is real cool and the bag too

things are looking up now waiting on suspension point and south willard

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boo my SS preorder arrived at the local post office around 5am this morning but looks like it won't be delivered until Monday.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice, mine arrived today as well and took some pics, but you beat me to them haha. Good comparison on the weight compared to stark, they're similar. My initial impression is really positive, I really like the color and style of this one, especially the collar and fact that it has side pockets, huge bonus. I felt the Ijevan from last season was great, but would have been better with pocket so this BEE cardigan really does it for me all around. When I first saw the pre-order pics, I saw the similarities to the Author Cardigan which has been my grail piece (sup jet!) and having handled them both now, I can confirm that is certainly the case, minus being as massively oversized. The color is as I had suspected, which is the same as the wine melange at mindtrive :slayer:

I ordered a 3 and 4 and have decided to keep the 4. I have similar specs as you. Both fit me, 3 fits more slim than I prefer for a knit of this type. It does have stretch though and weave of the knit lends itself to not being undersized even at my stats though so someone preferring a slimming look would probably like it. So, I will be letting the 3 go once i find some time to get a listing going.

So all of these with the exception of one were taken quickly closer to nighttime under ****** bathroom lighting and I tried to correct the images to get better color without much success, but in an effort to help get some more pics going in this thread here we go. I'm about 5'8", 150 lbs for reference. Enjoy...

18 BEE Cardigan in Wine Size 4
Buttoned
YQ7ZD4D.jpg

Unbuttoned
Wdnqdez.jpg

aRlO2nc.jpg

18 BEE Cardigan in Wine Size 3

Buttoned
59VxZ2u.jpg

Unbuttoned
my7pG46.jpg

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
hmm, that's a tough one they both look good and at first i was leaning towards 4 but now maybe 3

don't know really, the three almost fits too perfectly

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos. I'm confident I sized correctly now. I think the angle of Feji's photo made it look slimmer than it is.

I agree with Jet about the 3, assuming you're almost always going to wear it open, which I think you should. Of course, photos can only tell so much of the story and I feel like the 3 might not look as perfect in motion as it does still. If you like the 4 better, go with it. You won't have to worry about it shrinking in the wash either. But damn, that 3 gives you the right amount of slack in about every dimension in that photo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads