• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe swap bonanza

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pandemic has taken a toll on everyone. For SF brothers, most have been transitioned to working from home, or living with restrictions. That also means we don’t get to strut around in our sartorial goods. Where most of us now work via Zoom, there seems to be little incentive to “dress properly.” Personally, I’ve been dressing up with shirt, tie, and jacket. Bottom is usually jeans and casual boots, given my camera only captures my upper body.

So what can the SF brotherhood do to battle the pandemic in terms of the fashion side of things?

@ccpl14 and I came up with an idea. For all of us active members of the vintage shoe thread and other interested members, how about a shoe swap? The basic idea is that you send a pair out that may not fit perfectly, and wait to get a pair back that hopefully does. The excitement is receiving an unknown pair of shoes in your size! Think of it like a cross between a holiday "secret santa" and a white elephant gift exchange. Of course, you must deal with spousal customs on your own.

1. Participants submit the following info to us:
a) Your name and mailing address;
b) Your Brannock measurement and/or acceptable size ranges;
c) A list of specific shoe brand/model/size that you would be willing to move on to someone else. (List as many as you want. The more the better so as to facilitate matching.) We will do our best, given our knowledge, to make it work for people brand/fit-wise;
d) @ccpl14 and I collect all of the info and do our best to make matches. Once these are done, one by one, we send mailing instructions to people. We just give them a name and address and which pair to send. Recipient posts photo on this thread of the received shoes and then we give them instructions on who to send a pair to. Continue until everyone who submitted has received a pair. Again, you must send out a pair to receive a pair.

2. Senders must select shoes from their existing collection. Don't go out and buy something. Further, the shoes must be in sellable/tradeable condition. Senders cannot mail shoes that are trash worthy, or damaged beyond use. Please understand that everyone’s collection is different. Please don’t send a pair of John Lobb that were worn by a Prime Minister, and hope for something of a similar status to be sent back. YMMV.

3. Once received, recipient should take pics and post in the thread with a note of thanks.

4. All mailing information, and names, will be kept confidential and treated as such. This is an honour system. Please do not use the information for any other reason.

5. We will do our very best to ensure that for every pair sent out, the member gets a pair in return. However, this is not a guarantee. The event is meant to reignite the camaraderie of the vintage thread, and to bring some much needed cheer during this pandemic. So if members are concerned they will not get something in return, they now know it's a possibility. I myself have 3 pairs that I’m going to contribute. Even if I don’t receive anything back, I won’t be upset.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m in! Whatever I need to do to sign up.

vestbash

Reaction score
Count me as someone that can potentially fill in the gaps if someone that sends a pair of shoes does not get something back.

The reason being is that I would like to participate but I don't want to receive anything back.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it would work better if we listed shoes for swap and simply do shoe exchange for interested parties.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it would work better if we listed shoes for swap and simply do shoe exchange for interested parties.

You can set that up on another thread. The point of this one is the element of surprise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads