• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pitti Uomo 105 - the pictures, the styles

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So despite visiting Florence close to a dozen times in the last 12 years, my visits have never coincided with Pitti. But I can say that the negroni is sort of an experiential thing for me, closely associated with Florence in my mind. I probably wouldn't order one on this side of the ocean, but just something right about that drink on a hot summer night..

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this thread. It's fun seeing the same Pitti criticism still being thrown around. I've been going for 10 years, and there's a good reason as to why I keep going (besides the fact that I work in the business), there are so many interesting and fun people there. You can't really get a good idea of what it's like from watching peacock photos on social media, there's so much more to it. I've met some of the best craftsmen in the world, spoke to some of the most knowledgeable connoisseurs of clothing, shoes and accessories, and yes, had a few well made negronis as well. If you have a genuine passion and interest in well made clothing it's still the best place in the world to visit.

Well said Erik and it was a real pleasure to meet you in person after so many years on this forum.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this thread. It's fun seeing the same Pitti criticism still being thrown around. I've been going for 10 years, and there's a good reason as to why I keep going (besides the fact that I work in the business), there are so many interesting and fun people there. You can't really get a good idea of what it's like from watching peacock photos on social media, there's so much more to it. I've met some of the best craftsmen in the world, spoke to some of the most knowledgeable connoisseurs of clothing, shoes and accessories, and yes, had a few well made negronis as well. If you have a genuine passion and interest in well made clothing it's still the best place in the world to visit.
Well said, Erik. I'd only add that Pitti has been the catalyst for some of our most treasured friendships.

induere_to

Reaction score
As a 'gang member and convict' that likes to dress to ignite reactions among people, I can express that I don't really mind how people dress individually. The sole purpose I go to Pitti is to socialize. Being from Canada, a large mass of land with absolutely nothing going on regarding the menswear industry, it feels as though I live on a small island and going to Florence for Pitti is a great rendezvous for people that I've been speaking to on social media for the last decade.

The one thing that drives me crazy about Pitti is the obvious segregation among cliques. Influencers and pseudo-menswear informants are more accepted by the groups of friends they run around with. It's ironic to me, as someone that literally makes clothing, that I keep getting banned from entering certain parties because of the way that I look or the clothing that I wear.

Two examples:

Erik (a dear friend), for Pitti 103, sent me an invite to the Plaza Uomo party; I RSVPed immediately and included a +2 for my sister (also a menswear enthusiast, attending Pitti on behalf of Stockholm University for research) who was visiting with her fiance at the time. When I ran into Erik at the fair, he extended the same invitation to me, this time in person. However, I showed up with a group of people, none of whom had RSVP's. As I pulled my phone out of my pocket to show the security my invitation and my confirmed RSVP's... I somehow ended up being the only one not allowed to enter.

The following Summer, I was with a group of people that wanted to attend the Alexander Kraft party, and due to my own social anxieties, I tend to follow friends wherever they decide to go. As a big Calcio fan, I wore a celebratory Napoli kit after they had officially won Serie A (worn with bespoke tailored trousers I had made and loafers). Again, in a group of numerous people, I was singled out by security and denied entry because as he explained to my group "Napoli shirt, no enter." Some have suggested to me that there are rules and restrictions based on dress codes, however, the guy wearing silk pajamas ahead of me, was allowed entry based on obvious clique association.

To clarify these are not complaints. I struggle with severe social uneasiness around a large mass of people and on top of that, I don't even drink. Instead, I went for a pleasant walk up to Piazza Michelangelo that overlooks the city and really enjoyed my evening. But, the people that used to get really excited to meet me when I first started attending Pitti, now go around shaking hands with people I'm associated with and completely jump over me. The reel CrispyJ shared completely mirrors my observations; so what is ironic to me is the observation that clothing aficionados throwing parties for other clothing aficionados don't seem to welcome people that actually make clothing.

I'll still continue going to Pitti, but I just look for excuses now to avoid going to parties I probably won't be let in to anyways. I've met some incredible people and will always treasure my one-on-one conversations with Mitchell, Amide and Erik. My best Pitti memories are the four-hour long discussions I may have with other tailors from different corners of the world about how different our methods may be for making canvases... or how they stretch fabric versus how others shrink canvas. Or add ease when assembling pocket flaps or use bridles on bias rather than on the straight... and once they're hammered drunk and can't remember where their hotel is (since I've obviously only been drinking water).

I will not complain about the fashion worn at a fashion event. But, rather state my eye-witness observances regarding the behaviours of people that may feel are entitled to a higher position in social pyramids than others, solely based on their clique affiliation.

P.S. I've taken pictures of my own from the fair, however, many of the subjects may have outfits a bit more easily overlooked due to them being shy, introverted tailors like myself and only dress in what they've made and are comfortable in. I can post some of them later.

Keyser_Söze

Reaction score
P.S. I've taken pictures of my own from the fair, however, many of the subjects may have outfits a bit more easily overlooked due to them being shy, introverted tailors like myself and only dress in what they've made and are comfortable in. I can post some of them later.
To be honest, those people you took pictures of would probably be more interesting to look at sartorially than some of the crap people push as "fashion" or "menswear".

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As a 'gang member and convict' that likes to dress to ignite reactions among people, I can express that I don't really mind how people dress individually. The sole purpose I go to Pitti is to socialize. Being from Canada, a large mass of land with absolutely nothing going on regarding the menswear industry, it feels as though I live on a small island and going to Florence for Pitti is a great rendezvous for people that I've been speaking to on social media for the last decade.

The one thing that drives me crazy about Pitti is the obvious segregation among cliques. Influencers and pseudo-menswear informants are more accepted by the groups of friends they run around with. It's ironic to me, as someone that literally makes clothing, that I keep getting banned from entering certain parties because of the way that I look or the clothing that I wear.

Two examples:

Erik (a dear friend), for Pitti 103, sent me an invite to the Plaza Uomo party; I RSVPed immediately and included a +2 for my sister (also a menswear enthusiast, attending Pitti on behalf of Stockholm University for research) who was visiting with her fiance at the time. When I ran into Erik at the fair, he extended the same invitation to me, this time in person. However, I showed up with a group of people, none of whom had RSVP's. As I pulled my phone out of my pocket to show the security my invitation and my confirmed RSVP's... I somehow ended up being the only one not allowed to enter.

The following Summer, I was with a group of people that wanted to attend the Alexander Kraft party, and due to my own social anxieties, I tend to follow friends wherever they decide to go. As a big Calcio fan, I wore a celebratory Napoli kit after they had officially won Serie A (worn with bespoke tailored trousers I had made and loafers). Again, in a group of numerous people, I was singled out by security and denied entry because as he explained to my group "Napoli shirt, no enter." Some have suggested to me that there are rules and restrictions based on dress codes, however, the guy wearing silk pajamas ahead of me, was allowed entry based on obvious clique association.

To clarify these are not complaints. I struggle with severe social uneasiness around a large mass of people and on top of that, I don't even drink. Instead, I went for a pleasant walk up to Piazza Michelangelo that overlooks the city and really enjoyed my evening. But, the people that used to get really excited to meet me when I first started attending Pitti, now go around shaking hands with people I'm associated with and completely jump over me. The reel CrispyJ shared completely mirrors my observations; so what is ironic to me is the observation that clothing aficionados throwing parties for other clothing aficionados don't seem to welcome people that actually make clothing.

I'll still continue going to Pitti, but I just look for excuses now to avoid going to parties I probably won't be let in to anyways. I've met some incredible people and will always treasure my one-on-one conversations with Mitchell, Amide and Erik. My best Pitti memories are the four-hour long discussions I may have with other tailors from different corners of the world about how different our methods may be for making canvases... or how they stretch fabric versus how others shrink canvas. Or add ease when assembling pocket flaps or use bridles on bias rather than on the straight... and once they're hammered drunk and can't remember where their hotel is (since I've obviously only been drinking water).

I will not complain about the fashion worn at a fashion event. But, rather state my eye-witness observances regarding the behaviours of people that may feel are entitled to a higher position in social pyramids than others, solely based on their clique affiliation.

Mate, I’m so sorry they didn’t let you into our party. I had invited several people who got turned away at the door (including a bunch of craftsmen, cloth merchants et c), and I honestly feel ashamed that this happened.

It was a pleasure seeing you again however, even though we didn’t have enough time to chat.

induere_to

Reaction score
I'm in no way a professional photographer, so pay no mind to any of the pictures if they're not of satisfactory quality.

I'll start off with Oleg, he's one of the most skilled tailors I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He's also the hardest-working. His full time job is a shoulder and sleeve assembler for one of the most renowned tailor shops in Rome (I didn't ask his permission to disclose which house, so I'll allow you to do your own research). He also takes on his own personal clients and freelances for several other Roman tailors also.

096A14A7-2ABE-49F0-9967-050FE9AFF455.jpeg

Pictured here, with his girlfriend, wearing a coat he made of her own design. The pink zebra print is pony hide and the coat is made with denim. However, the entire coat is canvassed with a heavy flannel to maintain warmth.

51520769-409E-4054-9FBB-404F38EAC9A0.jpeg

Last June, his partner was wearing one of the most mind-blowing womenswear pieces I have ever had the pleasure of seeing in person, made with silk organza, Oleg also canvassed it and lined it with organza as well. Not only is organza frustrating to work with, the shape he was able to achieve is extremely impressive:

8A8CD55D-6B7A-462E-A19E-F5266EF75B4F.jpeg

2C9DE38D-FFD7-4DB6-B7E4-48FFBFB051BF.jpeg

Not to give all praise to Oleg, as remarkable as he is, we sat on a bench overlooking Rome last January as he told me about how he made the following three-piece suit for Sonya Glyn in just two days. He was living in central Europe and heard she was coming to town to visit and asked permission to make a suit. He took her measurements, went home to cut a pattern and prepare the first fitting. Ran back to do the fitting, returned home where he recut and finished everything for the next day:

96A038BE-10E1-4E6E-9B19-2BA42605C050.jpeg

Loreta and I connected on Instagram a couple years ago and got along very well. This was her first Pitti and we spent a lot of time together. She's a very talented jacket maker who underwent an apprenticeship with one of the greatest jacket makers in London that is commissioned to make jackets for both Stephen Hitchcock and Dege and Skinner among others. Her most interesting story is the jacket that she assembled on behalf of Hitchcock for the current king of England. Seen here, wearing a suit she made herself.

59AD592E-D813-4921-BD03-E8E3D8ACBACD.jpeg

This red suit as well, was especially great to see in person. Pictured here with one of my best friends, Nikki; who was the first to help break me in to the Pitti lifestyle. She's the extrovert that knows everyone so I figured I'd glue myself to her until I was comfortable to go places by myself... I still can't.

CF535FD8-02FC-4917-AF22-A52C011405ED.jpeg

She spent the week representing a rather new menswear company from her hometown in Athens, Greece. Everything she wore was of this brand, Scala.

43E7697F-FB4E-4CFF-A931-C70A2E947DAB.jpeg

My friend Carlo is one of those people I mentioned earlier, we stayed out until 2 am talking about different methods of tailoring according to our apprenticeships. Congratulations are due to him, as he just received his Forbici d'Oro certificate this past week after finishing his tailoring course.

1FFB3D96-3190-44E1-8EDE-5AFCA57A8EF7.jpeg

I met Gregory Chapman at the Atelier Munro breakfast that Mitchell invited me to. He's a sort of brand-polisher as I understand it, generating improvements to brand images and spent many years building relationships with shops all around New York and London. Extremely nice and friendly and we bonded over our mutual interest in collecting vintage American-made Hamilton watches. Here, he's wearing Harris Tweed and Brisbane Moss from Timothy Everest:

61E7034D-F833-42F7-AC56-ED27E38698A9.jpeg

Ennio is on another level, he was pictured earlier in this thread. He's the owner and founder of St Gregory's Bespoke. He's not a tailor, as he keeps expressing to me, but he's the mastermind behind the growth of the brand. This is their second Pitti with a booth, hoping to provide B2B small quantity RTW for businesses with the companies fully handmade garments. Ennio has become a dear friend to me in the last several years, inviting my wife and I into his home in Torre del Greco where we had the opportunity to spend an evening with his wife and his kids.

2B1E5F09-D652-45E8-BF9B-3A97B0036217.jpeg

I just happened to pay a visit while another friend of mine, Eugenio, was undergoing a fitting for a linen dinner jacket and trouser with St. Gregory's:

02A4D1DD-6670-42FB-BF5F-2025AEB9DCA1.jpeg

Vasilis is the owner of Bespoke Athens and has been going to Pitti for over 30 years. We've had the pleasure to become very close friends and I've even had the opportunity to teach his tailors apprentice how to do buttonholes... virtually.

45193170-3E51-4223-B693-D1DF7C61C480.jpeg

On another day, it was a great pleasure to get to witness Matthew, popularly known as SunflowerMan on instagram, as he did a live drawing of Angeliki, one of the employees of Vasilis' at Bespoke Athens:

F4DA223B-4F75-419A-85ED-F4CBB17E9E36.jpeg

Sergio, runs a haberdashery in Lima, Peru along with his business partner Jorge. It's because of these two, that last June, I spent the entire week speaking more Spanish than English. At his shop, Sastreria Firenze, they work with many local artisans for their in-house made to measure program and also with Peruvian fabric mills:

E08A5F53-AED3-47BE-BC4E-8E4BEB73E2F8.jpeg

Abbie Leach is an incredibly talented tailor based in London. We met my first Pitti after the pandemic and have remained very close, making it a mandatorily practiced tradition to have dinner together at least once each Pitti, and we end up always having the opportunity to do so at least twice:

E779427C-2103-4CB3-A69D-A2F8F7F37E8A.jpeg

Federica is a Florence native, has really nothing to do with Pitti really, aside from modeling for several local stylists and Florentine shops. I was also given the pleasure of making her a pair of bespoke linen trousers last Pitti... entirely virtually. She's good to have around for local guidance regarding food and hospitality:

020A24FF-0C9E-42C9-BF55-C62EC20F3CE5.jpeg

Lastly, I was able to spend most of my days alongside photographer Ata, and his beast of a camera. Humble and kind, with a genuinely natural sense of dress, he was a pleasure to get to know and to share quality company with:

96D5A9A6-82C3-4CDA-8204-E8CEFACB263B.jpeg

Far less important, and barely documented, are photos of myself. This last year, I started to put much less of an effort into getting dressed, especially to impress. Unless I have a client that I'm welcoming into my studio, I dress for comfort... tailoring is not a profession that allows you to work comfortably in a suit... ironically. One of my looks was not documented, though it wasn't really anything worth making note of... the following are my attempts at creating an awkward foreign presence that I labelled 'Canadian Couture' (not pictured are a pair of bespoke trousers I most recently finished):

F7F6D997-D540-4061-AF28-E8DE89C4F3BE.jpeg

And my "Please don't get too close to me" anti-Styleforum approved look:

78542D63-33FF-4043-A7D3-2E549F471290.jpeg

Fin.

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
I'm in no way a professional photographer, so pay no mind to any of the pictures if they're not of satisfactory quality.

I'll start off with Oleg, he's one of the most skilled tailors I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He's also the hardest-working. His full time job is a shoulder and sleeve assembler for one of the most renowned tailor shops in Rome (I didn't ask his permission to disclose which house, so I'll allow you to do your own research). He also takes on his own personal clients and freelances for several other Roman tailors also.

View attachment 2120243

Pictured here, with his girlfriend, wearing a coat he made of her own design. The pink zebra print is pony hide and the coat is made with denim. However, the entire coat is canvassed with a heavy flannel to maintain warmth.

View attachment 2120223

Last June, his partner was wearing one of the most mind-blowing womenswear pieces I have ever had the pleasure of seeing in person, made with silk organza, Oleg also canvassed it and lined it with organza as well. Not only is organza frustrating to work with, the shape he was able to achieve is extremely impressive:

View attachment 2120259

View attachment 2120263

Not to give all praise to Oleg, as remarkable as he is, we sat on a bench overlooking Rome last January as he told me about how he made the following three-piece suit for Sonya Glyn in just two days. He was living in central Europe and heard she was coming to town to visit and asked permission to make a suit. He took her measurements, went home to cut a pattern and prepare the first fitting. Ran back to do the fitting, returned home where he recut and finished everything for the next day:

View attachment 2120261

Loreta and I connected on Instagram a couple years ago and got along very well. This was her first Pitti and we spent a lot of time together. She's a very talented jacket maker who underwent an apprenticeship with one of the greatest jacket makers in London that is commissioned to make jackets for both Stephen Hitchcock and Dege and Skinner among others. Her most interesting story is the jacket that she assembled on behalf of Hitchcock for the current king of England. Seen here, wearing a suit she made herself.

View attachment 2120237

This red suit as well, was especially great to see in person. Pictured here with one of my best friends, Nikki; who was the first to help break me in to the Pitti lifestyle. She's the extrovert that knows everyone so I figured I'd glue myself to her until I was comfortable to go places by myself... I still can't.

View attachment 2120271

She spent the week representing a rather new menswear company from her hometown in Athens, Greece. Everything she wore was of this brand, Scala.

View attachment 2120255

My friend Carlo is one of those people I mentioned earlier, we stayed out until 2 am talking about different methods of tailoring according to our apprenticeships. Congratulations are due to him, as he just received his Forbici d'Oro certificate this past week after finishing his tailoring course.

View attachment 2120253

I met Gregory Chapman at the Atelier Munro breakfast that Mitchell invited me to. He's a sort of brand-polisher as I understand it, generating improvements to brand images and spent many years building relationships with shops all around New York and London. Extremely nice and friendly and we bonded over our mutual interest in collecting vintage American-made Hamilton watches. Here, he's wearing Harris Tweed and Brisbane Moss from Timothy Everest:

View attachment 2120233

Ennio is on another level, he was pictured earlier in this thread. He's the owner and founder of St Gregory's Bespoke. He's not a tailor, as he keeps expressing to me, but he's the mastermind behind the growth of the brand. This is their second Pitti with a booth, hoping to provide B2B small quantity RTW for businesses with the companies fully handmade garments. Ennio has become a dear friend to me in the last several years, inviting my wife and I into his home in Torre del Greco where we had the opportunity to spend an evening with his wife and his kids.

View attachment 2120239

I just happened to pay a visit while another friend of mine, Eugenio, was undergoing a fitting for a linen dinner jacket and trouser with St. Gregory's:

View attachment 2120241

Vasilis is the owner of Bespoke Athens and has been going to Pitti for over 30 years. We've had the pleasure to become very close friends and I've even had the opportunity to teach his tailors apprentice how to do buttonholes... virtually.

View attachment 2120231

On another day, it was a great pleasure to get to witness Matthew, popularly known as SunflowerMan on instagram, as he did a live drawing of Angeliki, one of the employees of Vasilis' at Bespoke Athens:

View attachment 2120249

Sergio, runs a haberdashery in Lima, Peru along with his business partner Jorge. It's because of these two, that last June, I spent the entire week speaking more Spanish than English. At his shop, Sastreria Firenze, they work with many local artisans for their in-house made to measure program and also with Peruvian fabric mills:

View attachment 2120247

Abbie Leach is an incredibly talented tailor based in London. We met my first Pitti after the pandemic and have remained very close, making it a mandatorily practiced tradition to have dinner together at least once each Pitti, and we end up always having the opportunity to do so at least twice:

View attachment 2120245

Federica is a Florence native, has really nothing to do with Pitti really, aside from modeling for several local stylists and Florentine shops. I was also given the pleasure of making her a pair of bespoke linen trousers last Pitti... entirely virtually. She's good to have around for local guidance regarding food and hospitality:

View attachment 2120251

Lastly, I was able to spend most of my days alongside photographer Ata, and his beast of a camera. Humble and kind, with a genuinely natural sense of dress, he was a pleasure to get to know and to share quality company with:

View attachment 2120219

Far less important, and barely documented, are photos of myself. This last year, I started to put much less of an effort into getting dressed, especially to impress. Unless I have a client that I'm welcoming into my studio, I dress for comfort... tailoring is not a profession that allows you to work comfortably in a suit... ironically. One of my looks was not documented, though it wasn't really anything worth making note of... the following are my attempts at creating an awkward foreign presence that I labelled 'Canadian Couture' (not pictured are a pair of bespoke trousers I most recently finished):

View attachment 2120225

View attachment 2120257

Fin.

Really enjoyed your pictures; I've heard several times that the original appeal of Pitti style pictures was that many craftspeople were really good at wearing tailoring in relaxed, casual ways. I think your shots capture this spirit. Almost makes me want to try to sneak in to pitti as a photographer...

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2120243

View attachment 2120223

View attachment 2120259

View attachment 2120263

View attachment 2120261

View attachment 2120237

View attachment 2120271

View attachment 2120255

View attachment 2120253

View attachment 2120233

View attachment 2120239

View attachment 2120241

View attachment 2120231

View attachment 2120249

View attachment 2120247

View attachment 2120245

View attachment 2120251

View attachment 2120219

View attachment 2120225

View attachment 2120257

Fin.
Yeah, these are pictures of genuinely cool people!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics