• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Loook who's getting a cotton scarf now...

also the one I have is a very similar weave pattern to the soumak I have and a bit smaller, very very soft, not as warm. I would say it feels more even "luxe" than the wool/mohair/nylon ones

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It was cheap so I decided to try it. I like the pattern, color and size plus I live in socal and all my scarves are wool. My fav sweater is cotton btw.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you get the sinbad scarf from aurevoiretmerci?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
concrete

Feji

Reaction score

Who here besides feji owns the quilted reversible down jacket from this season? Anyone wanna comment on warmth/fit/fabric? Any fit pics out derrrr?

I returned mine. Tried on both a 4 and 5...the 4 fit good in the body, very tight in the sleeves/pit. 5 was good in the sleeves/pit, but too loose in the body. So sleeves are cut very slim on this jacket. The body is cut straight down, so if you have a somewhat athletic body (V-shape), the body will be loose.

It's actually very warm for it's thickness/weight.

Last edited:

jwjp

Reaction score

Who here besides feji owns the quilted reversible down jacket from this season? Anyone wanna comment on warmth/fit/fabric? Any fit pics out derrrr?

I pre-ordered it from Suspension Point. I'm a medium/48 in pretty much everything and I got a V, which fits perfectly. The armholes are reasonably high and, like Feji says, the body cut quite straight, though I don't really mind. I don't know about the colourway on Au Revoir Merci, but the one I have is lovely: a really subtle grey on grey stripe, with little bits of turquoise and orange coming through in certain lights. I've worn it maybe a dozen times and been caught in the rain twice and I can't see any wear on the fabric, despite it being more luxe than hard-wearing. I didn't actually realise it was reversible until last night, but the wool quilted side against your skin is itchy, looks worse and is less practical in general, so I wouldn't wear it that way anyway. It is comfortably warm with a couple of layers down to ~5C, and with heattech etc. would be fine even lower, but it certainly isn't the ultimate winter jacket. It's the perfect warmth for it's weight though. I imagine Drew is aiming for something similar with the new ma-1.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Aight which one of you F***ers bought the kaghak off lg? You know that **** ain't gonna fitchoo because it's oversized right?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aight which one of you F***ers bought the kaghak off lg? You know that **** ain't gonna fitchoo because it's oversized right?

Haha. That one is nice, jet, but the fact that it's oversized kept me away. Don't need another Author Cardigan mishap. Did you pick up the Ijevan this year?

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that reversible quilted jacket as well. The sleeves are tight enough that you can forget about wearing it over anything other than thin underlayers unless you size up (and even then idk if you would gain much space), and as mentioned by others the shoulders and chest are a bit tight relative to the waist. But I still like it quite a bit and was wearing it fairly regularly up until I moved and had to put most of my clothes in storage for the time being. Contrary to jwjp I actually like the way it looks reversed, but it just feels so much nicer with the quilted side out - the flannel is sooooo smooth on the skin.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have that reversible quilted jacket as well. The sleeves are tight enough that you can forget about wearing it over anything other than thin underlayers unless you size up (and even then idk if you would gain much space), and as mentioned by others the shoulders and chest are a bit tight relative to the waist. But I still like it quite a bit and was wearing it fairly regularly up until I moved and had to put most of my clothes in storage for the time being. Contrary to jwjp I actually like the way it looks reversed, but it just feels so much nicer with the quilted side out - the flannel is sooooo smooth on the skin.

Got any fit pics? I'm afraid it has a sort of boxy shape

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

Tight arms and shoulders = no good for me. Thanks for the review.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got any fit pics? I'm afraid it has a sort of boxy shape

It's outerwear. Don't get the boxy concerns at all. Are you looking for a tapered coat?

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really tempted to get the kufik blazer..

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I got a size 4 in the quilted jacket so looks like it's going to be too small since I'm a M/48 as well. PM me if interested. Btw, I also have the ijevan style grey cardigan from frozen waves in a 4 that needs a home.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's outerwear. Don't get the boxy concerns at all. Are you looking for a tapered coat?

Definitely not, just with that particular style (quilted puffer) a boxy body may not be particularly flattering. I mean I'm talking if the chest is 21" on a IV and continues at 21" all the way down, or gets even bigger, might look a little funky, ya know?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics