• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that sweater in V and had to return it because it was so long everywhere. I'm 6'2" and normally a 42 and VI in Schneider. Personally, I find the "fold under" look particularly unsightly but YMMV

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Did you try it without a collared shirt and some looser pants? La Garconne model is wearing it like that and looks pretty good.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had that sweater in V and had to return it because it was so long everywhere. I'm 6'2" and normally a 42 and VI in Schneider. Personally, I find the "fold under" look particularly unsightly but YMMV

I'd normally agree I just almost feel like this sweater is designed for that. It doesn't "bulge" out like most sweaters do when you fold the hem under.
Did you try it without a collared shirt and some looser pants? La Garconne model is wearing it like that and looks pretty good.

I'm not a model so it doesn't really look good. Might work on a really skinny guy. To get the look he's got going on I think I'd actually have to size up one? Or lose 50 pounds. Either way not gonna try.

body is super long right?

Yeah I'm 6 feet with like a 29 or 30" inseam and it almost covers the fly of my (sagged) jeans.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really really think SS's oversized knits/trousers/jackets are designed with skinny belgians in mind, and I know that's narrowminded but I've yet to see any fit to convince me otherwise

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think in general oversized sweaters look frumpy if you are not skinny

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, the button down fit in King's picture doesn't really look right, I'd like to see some alternatives. And the sleeves look good in those garconne pics but I'm sure that look lots of finessing and it would be impossible to keep them like that while actually, ya know, moving.

Last edited:

Feji

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen any fit pic's of the Sisian sweater, from any stockist, that I've liked.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh I dunno who says that. Many of his things are great because he uses great fabrics and is a solid designer all around. Both things extend past knits imo anyways ;p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads