• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vik93

Reaction score
I recently ordered a pair of slim 30 jeans. Felt they were a little tight, so I ordered a pair of contemporary 30’s as they’re on sale at a very good price.

There is no difference in the fit. I’ll post pictures shortly.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered a pair of slim 30 jeans. Felt they were a little tight, so I ordered a pair of contemporary 30’s as they’re on sale at a very good price.

There is no difference in the fit. I’ll post pictures shortly.
From which batch were they purchased (I.e. product code)? I ask to see if they changed the fit between first ever batch and subsequent batches

classicoutfits

Reaction score
anyone has experience with Pontoglio vs. Redaelli Velluti Corduroy pants? they have few pieces on sales from last seasons. I normally wear flannel, wools for winter and wanted to try something new. What color would you also pick? I have seen people go for unusual colors for corduroy.
appreciate the input!

nycstyled

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the flannel trousers last year in mid-gray, although it looks like that particular shade is actually called medium gray this year while this year's mid-gray is in between that shade and charcoal. Anyway, I'm looking to pick up a second pair in the gray family but I'm not sure which shade would be the next most versatile. Would you recommend going with light gray, mid gray or charcoal? I'll be primarily wearing them with sweaters (white, navy, charcoal) in the winter.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Same Neo 3 jacket x post from rrl

IMG_2800.jpeg

blewnote1

Reaction score
anyone has experience with Pontoglio vs. Redaelli Velluti Corduroy pants? they have few pieces on sales from last seasons. I normally wear flannel, wools for winter and wanted to try something new. What color would you also pick? I have seen people go for unusual colors for corduroy.
appreciate the input!

Can't speak to the difference between those mills, but here's Simon's take on colors (among other things).

Brown/tan/green are all quite popular choices, as well as black surprisingly. Navy apparently doesn't come off well in corduroy (according to him).

I have casual pairs in brown and grey and caramel and find them great for casual outfits and easy to pair with all the typical things one might wear on top. Recently picked up some in purple, and some in cream (which I plan to try as a substitue for white flannels which I haven't managed to find yet).

CLH03

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the flannel trousers last year in mid-gray, although it looks like that particular shade is actually called medium gray this year while this year's mid-gray is in between that shade and charcoal. Anyway, I'm looking to pick up a second pair in the gray family but I'm not sure which shade would be the next most versatile. Would you recommend going with light gray, mid gray or charcoal? I'll be primarily wearing them with sweaters (white, navy, charcoal) in the winter.
Taking a left and saying olive. Light grey after that.

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Agree. The pockets are a bit much.
The jacket has unusual details. Twin breast pockets. Four in all. Each patch and gusseted. The bottom two are bags. All have
chevron flaps and buttons. Whoa and wow. But you lose all that and whaddya got, just a plain ol'everyday tweed.

This sort of arrangement looks better on the older guy (like me, or on the oldest guy, like me next year). The lot that's going on evens out similar details encroaching the face. So 'Hey, Tweed Face' is not necessarily the epithet it's intended to be. Sometimes.

-D. Crepit posting as Peak and Pine

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The jacket has unusual details. Twin breast pockets. Four in all. Each patch and gusseted. The bottom two are bags. All have
chevron flaps and buttons. Whoa and wow. But you lose all that and whaddya got, just a plain ol'everyday tweed.

This sort of arrangement looks better on the older guy (like me, or on the oldest guy, like me next year). The lot that's going on evens out similar details encroaching the face. So 'Hey, Tweed Face' is not necessarily the epithet it's intended to be. Sometimes.

-D. Crepit posting as Peak and Pine
I'm pretty old too. I think I'll wait a bit longer, though.

Reaction score
How are the SM sweaters in terms of length? They don’t have any models wearing them on the site. I always like a cropped fit on my sweaters but they’re hard to find in the ~$150 price range. Pics below for the look I’m going for. Any SM sweater pics or other brand recommendations?
F91E56C5-13B1-4998-8C97-CC2226474280.jpeg
505E05C0-9449-4918-BD15-882BAA81BBF4.jpeg

Gil_Pender

Reaction score
How are the SM sweaters in terms of length? They don’t have any models wearing them on the site. I always like a cropped fit on my sweaters but they’re hard to find in the ~$150 price range. Pics below for the look I’m going for. Any SM sweater pics or other brand recommendations? View attachment 2249501 View attachment 2249503
They show length in the size guide for their sweaters and I've found to be true to size, for the most part, in that regard.

CarloB

Reaction score
How is everyone’s experience with the customer service?

Because mine has been terrible.

I spent $1142 with them 39 days ago, they still have my money, I have zero product and their customer service is gaslighting me as if this is all normal business practice.

First up, I’ve known about Spier for years, read the good stuff people have to say about them on this forum, and I was getting married so I thought they’d be a good place to get myself outfitted.

The suit I got (which was in a different size to what I ordered) was great quality wise. Really great in-fact which is why I persevered with them for so long. It just didn’t fit.

First up, they only wanted to send me two of the items I ordered, and they wanted to send them in different sizes from what I ordered, even though I gave them pretty exact measurements which matched the sizes I originally bought.

A bit odd, but I was on vacation and didn’t want to mess around so we confirm.

Nine days later I’ve heard nothing from Spier.

It seems something went awry and nothing had been shipped, and so Spier send the items expedited.

I get the suit, two weeks after ordering, and it is too small and I need the size I originally ordered.

It is now less than two weeks from my wedding and I can’t wait to return the suit so they can send me the different size, so I ask them to send me the other suit I had bought and paid for, in the original sizes I ordered.

They now no longer have my size available. Three weeks after order.

At no point during this has customer service acknowledged that this has not been great service, their tone would even suggest that this has been my fault.

Three times I have tried to cancel my order, and each time instead of cancelling, I would be asked to confirm and then be given some contrived reason why I shouldn’t.

The first time I cancelled, Spier sent me the suit before I could apparently confirm. The second time I was told I could just get the wrong size and have my tailor fix it.

I recognise mistakes happen and sometimes things don’t work out, but the way I have been treated by customer service has been poor bordering on malicious.

When a company takes over one thousand dollars upfront and then contrives to slow roll the product getting to you (wether for your benefit or theirs) I’d expect much better customer service.

To me, this is a crazy way to do business.

If this is a one off then so be it, but if it’s common I think @SpierTeam should know so they can fix this, because the suit itself was great quality.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is everyone’s experience with the customer service?

Because mine has been terrible.

I spent $1142 with them 39 days ago, they still have my money, I have zero product and their customer service is gaslighting me as if this is all normal business practice.

First up, I’ve known about Spier for years, read the good stuff people have to say about them on this forum, and I was getting married so I thought they’d be a good place to get myself outfitted.

The suit I got (which was in a different size to what I ordered) was great quality wise. Really great in-fact which is why I persevered with them for so long. It just didn’t fit.

First up, they only wanted to send me two of the items I ordered, and they wanted to send them in different sizes from what I ordered, even though I gave them pretty exact measurements which matched the sizes I originally bought.

A bit odd, but I was on vacation and didn’t want to mess around so we confirm.

Nine days later I’ve heard nothing from Spier.

It seems something went awry and nothing had been shipped, and so Spier send the items expedited.

I get the suit, two weeks after ordering, and it is too small and I need the size I originally ordered.

It is now less than two weeks from my wedding and I can’t wait to return the suit so they can send me the different size, so I ask them to send me the other suit I had bought and paid for, in the original sizes I ordered.

They now no longer have my size available. Three weeks after order.

At no point during this has customer service acknowledged that this has not been great service, their tone would even suggest that this has been my fault.

Three times I have tried to cancel my order, and each time instead of cancelling, I would be asked to confirm and then be given some contrived reason why I shouldn’t.

The first time I cancelled, Spier sent me the suit before I could apparently confirm. The second time I was told I could just get the wrong size and have my tailor fix it.

I recognise mistakes happen and sometimes things don’t work out, but the way I have been treated by customer service has been poor bordering on malicious.

When a company takes over one thousand dollars upfront and then contrives to slow roll the product getting to you (wether for your benefit or theirs) I’d expect much better customer service.

To me, this is a crazy way to do business.

If this is a one off then so be it, but if it’s common I think @SpierTeam should know so they can fix this, because the suit itself was great quality.
Welcome, friend...

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linktoshop1