• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zewill

Reaction score
Great fit. Shameless self promotion, but a heads up if anyone is interested in this one. I'll be posting mine on the b s t thread. Only wore it once for try ons. 38 contemporary. Texture is amazing, but I should've gone with 38L
Especially after having redone my wardrobe with proper length shirts (36 sleeve length!). And today again with the sale . Great value 35$ for shirts.
Pm me if interested in that sc!

Hello Gents, not the best pictures, but does this fit look good?
View attachment 1444447

Spex

Reaction score
For those in the area...
F4712BD9-62ED-4FC6-A426-13D0C2E75CA2.jpeg

jseitz76

Reaction score
I could use some sizing help.

I am looking to buy a pair of trousers. My waist size floats between 33-34 depending upon whether I've had motivated week of exercise or not.... Anyway, I've read that the SM cut runs on the slim side, even in the contemporary fit. Ideally, I'd like to hit the size so that I don't have to tailor the waist, but I'd rather error slightly larger (tailoring isn't a deal killer). My thought was that a 35 contemporary would be the best bet. Any thoughts, experience, advice from those with similar waist sizes?

My only point of comparison (unfortunately) would be that I have JB Reserve, tailored fit, slacks in 34 that fit well and didn't require tailoring.

I appreciate the help gentleman!

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
I could use some sizing help.

I am looking to buy a pair of trousers. My waist size floats between 33-34 depending upon whether I've had motivated week of exercise or not.... Anyway, I've read that the SM cut runs on the slim side, even in the contemporary fit. Ideally, I'd like to hit the size so that I don't have to tailor the waist, but I'd rather error slightly larger (tailoring isn't a deal killer). My thought was that a 35 contemporary would be the best bet. Any thoughts, experience, advice from those with similar waist sizes?

My only point of comparison (unfortunately) would be that I have JB Reserve, tailored fit, slacks in 34 that fit well and didn't require tailoring.

I appreciate the help gentleman!
Sounds like we have a similar build. I wear 33 in J.Crew 770 jeans & chinos, and 34 in Bonobos. I have found that Spier & Mackay 35 Slim fits great in their chinos, and in the shorts they put out last year. I have a few pair of dress trousers too. All are 34. Some had to be let out a bit, some not. All SLIM fit. I recently bought a pair in 35 Contemporary and hated the way they fit, so I sent them back. I'm 5'8" with a partial athletic build (muscular thighs and butt, but I enjoy pizza & alcohol.) Hope that helps.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have their order ship this week? Ordered last Saturday, usually fast on shipping for me the past bit

Spyder187

Reaction score
Gray travel. I’ve come to love this suit. Looks good and comfortable.
View attachment 1444715
View attachment 1444716

Hey, question regarding fabric. Could you describe it? Is it like a fresco? Any built in stretch?

I've always assumed travel fabrics would be high twist like the fresco for durability and wrinkle resistant but I find no inherent stretch to the fabric.

Thanks in advanced!

lpast

Reaction score
Sounds like we have a similar build. I wear 33 in J.Crew 770 jeans & chinos, and 34 in Bonobos. I have found that Spier & Mackay 35 Slim fits great in their chinos, and in the shorts they put out last year. I have a few pair of dress trousers too. All are 34. Some had to be let out a bit, some not. All SLIM fit. I recently bought a pair in 35 Contemporary and hated the way they fit, so I sent them back. I'm 5'8" with a partial athletic build (muscular thighs and butt, but I enjoy pizza & alcohol.) Hope that helps.

Interesting, I'm slightly taller with a similar build. @ ~175, size 33 Contemporary fits me well. I've personally given up on slim fit pants.

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
Interesting, I'm slightly taller with a similar build. @ ~175, size 33 Contemporary fits me well. I've personally given up on slim fit pants.
Interesting. Maybe you carry your weight differently. I also find a lot of inconsistency with the Spier fits. So, who knows?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics