• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron

classicsaphic

Reaction score

possibly *** stains particularly if wallet is kept in the front pocket. for the drying feel, its quite common on cordovan, use a bit of conditioner on the wallet and should be fine. Sparingly please.

Those spots are definitely not that! I lack the anatomy to make that happen, lmao. I'll definitely try to use a very small amount of conditioner, though! Hopefully that takes care of the roughness.
1f44d-1f3fd.png

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those spots are definitely not that! I lack the anatomy to make that happen, lmao. I'll definitely try to use a very small amount of conditioner, though! Hopefully that takes care of the roughness.
1f44d-1f3fd.png

I don't know any women with shell goods. Do you have pictures of your collection? Interested to see what you are using.

classicsaphic

Reaction score
Churchill W,

I am beyond in love with shell cordovan goods! My girlfriend is perplexed by my fascination with it but there is just something undeniably unique and gorgeous about shell as a leather, and being able to handle it every day is honestly awesome. :)

I sadly don't have any photos of my shell wallets at the moment but while I've shuffled through a couple of shell wallets (thanks to the enabling site also known as eBay) only two of them have stuck around. The only ones I have ended up keeping are my Louis Little New York in black shell and my Bugs Moran in Color #8. They're the only ones that have managed to carry everything I need without being too bulky in the pocket.

I have (of course) also been looking at the gorgeous works at Guarded Goods thanks to this thread, as well as some of the stuff Rex Huang/Mildy Hands has been putting out, so I hope to be able to add those makers to the collection sometime soon because I am in dire need of some natural shell in my pocket and you all know how that is! :)

I also have some non-wallet shell items; most notably my color #4 watch strap that I picked up at Holben's, and a garnet key case from Ashland Leather as well.

Last edited:

rirakuma

Reaction score
Been working on a modernized version of the classic Japanese wallet. No hardwares for a purist aesthetic and trimmed down the overall size. It has a note compartment, two card slots and a coin pocket. This one is made with Rocado shell and Hermann Oak.

classicsaphic

Reaction score

Hi Everyone, once again I got my 3rd Shell Cordovan men's bifold wallet from J Michael Ashland OR. This time the wallet is made with Italian Shell Cordovan by "Toscana Italia" tannery in Navy colour and inside is black Horween chromexcel horsehide. Compared from the pervious shell bifold wallet from J Michael, this one has some improvements, the wallet is now slightly taller and wider which makes putting in cards/cash much easier even it still new not yet broken-in. Also this time the center piece leather is not stitching down with the interior card pockets and the exterior shell, so that it relaxes the hidden pocket that makes the hidden pockets much easier to access and J Michael still cuts extra tab at the bottom of the center piece which will hides cash in cash compartment so it makes the wallet look more clean and classy when open
The Packaging:
Front Closed: Open: The interior should be black:
This looks awesome! Thank you so much for sharing! I have been thinking of ordering the small bifold listed on his website and this is definitely encouraging
1f60b.png

classicsaphic

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just got a wallet in from J Michael! It's called the "Pocket Wallet" and it has an Italian whiskey shell cordovan exterior and a brown vegtan interior with blue stitching. I can't wait to see the patina that develops on this beauty.
1f60b.png
More pictures to come!

Last edited:

classicsaphic

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Here are a couple of quick photos I managed to take of my new J Michael wallet today. I am really impressed with J Michael's work. He does everything by hand and the dedication he has to his craft really shows. Also--check out those burnished edges! They are insanely smooth! I really dig the pop of color with the blue thread as well. Let me know what you guys think.
1f60a.png

I also posted a quick video of the wallet on YouTube if anyone is interested in checking it out. To my eye, it shows the color of the shell the most accurately.
1f60a.png

Last edited:

Deusis

Reaction score
Haven't posted in awhile! Here are some things I've received / worked on.

Horween Garnet Shell Cordovan with the Horween 70 year old calfskin for the interior:

A small shipment of Horween Marbled Shell Cordovan which is pretty unique:

Practicing some machine stitched goods, I made a Horween Color #4 Shell Cordovan wallet. Very happy with how this turned out;

katch

Reaction score
Love the idea of the slim profile of the Fat Herbie. Can anyone comment on the overall size? I carry a brick of a (george) Castanza wallet in my front pocket and would carry the herbie in front too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads