• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never found that connection.^

My new cologne reflects how boring and routine my life has become. Wear GIT daily. Considering buying SMW for like the 4th time, last one I bought didn't seem as complex as normal, did they reformulate?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Eau Particuliere by Diptyque
SOTD: Amber Absolute. I'm fairly sure that this is my favorite amber. But there are so many good ambers that my opinion sometimes changes.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Pre-shower: Eau Particuliere by Diptyque
SOTD: Amber Absolute. I'm fairly sure that this is my favorite amber. But there are so many good ambers that my opinion sometimes changes.

Agreed! I've been stockpiling this one and just love love love it. I've also got a bunch of other ambers like Goutal Ambre Fetiche, MPG Ambre Precieux, and decants of Parfum D'Empire Ambre Russe, Balmain Amber Gris (that bottle!), and Lutens Ambre Sultan... so many to choose, so little skin. Actually, try Ford Sahara Noir!

I had no idea how close it was to Rive Gauche PH. At least thats the impression I got. Is that a well known parallel that I'm just catching on to?

Hmm, I wouldn't have made a connection there... to me RG is creamy and soapy/powdery plus sharp spices. DN from recollection is sort of soapy but much more watery fresh, perhaps more herbal(?).

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoy Sahara Noir too. Before it came onto the market, people were saying it would resemble Amber Absolute, but it doesn't at all IMO.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And now it is on to Spicebomb for my eveningtime scent. It is quite a step down from Amber Absolute and that is a true fact.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Missus bought me a bottle of Lavender Palm last night, so that's what I'm wearing.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Missus bought me a bottle of Lavender Palm last night, so that's what I'm wearing.

That's great!

I'm wearing TF Arabian Wood today.

akbanbulo

Reaction score
good info,Don't you find Blenheim Bouquet overpowering in the heat? IIRC, it's quite potent. thanks
17.gif

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Lavender Palm - she bought it for me on the condition that I wear it every day for the next week so she can associate the smell with me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics