• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

SOTD: Egoiste...damn, this smells divine.

Also, loudly announcing that I will have a chance to pick up a full bottle of Jules in January.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's Lubin Itasca today, boys.
A spicy vetiver of restrained projection.
Good for the office, if you are, like me, forced to occupy an office 5/7.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wearing a sample of Cuir Ottoman this morning - "Knize Ten Lite". So many better leathers out there for less a price.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: 20% off at Parfum1.com with code LOYALTY20PW through 9/29.

Wearing Almost Transparent Blue from A Lab on Fire today, something Luckyscent had tossed in with the the last order.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So you're layering Brut with Old Spice?

If so, whatever works for you, but if you're just trolling I have to tell you that the majority of us find these two fragrances to be great classics.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old Spice is a very calming and comforting scent by the way. My uncle's favourite..

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have such good memories of both of those. I had an uncle who assembled bombs at a munitions factory who was a man of very few words - he wore Brut and his presence arises instantly when I smell it.

My Mother's Father was a welder who was a delightful story teller and used to feed me and my brothers great lies, for example he would show us the photo of the flag raising on Iwo Jima and tell us that he is the one reaching for the flag. He always wore Old Spice after he showered with LAVA SOAP!

Such good memories of good men in my life who are associated with these two fragrances.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am wearing Villoresi Musk today. This is such a pleasant rose musk scent; I should wear it more often than I do.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: 20% off at Parfum1.com with code LOYALTY20PW through 9/29.

Wearing Almost Transparent Blue from A Lab on Fire today, something Luckyscent had tossed in with the the last order.
How'stransparent blue? enjoy most of the ALoF scents

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: L'Occitane Eau de Vetyver - not just one of the best buys for vetiver fragrances, but one of the best vetivers available as well as one of the best bargains in perfumery. I've got a bottle from 2003 that is still half full, to my delight, and I must say that the juice currently available is just as good.

This evening: Tom of Finland. The juice in my bottle is quite dark and ambery compared to the photos I see online. Does anyone else have this stuff?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Today: L'Occitane Eau de Vetyver - not just one of the best buys for vetiver fragrances, but one of the best vetivers available as well as one of the best bargains in perfumery. I've got a bottle from 2003 that is still half full, to my delight, and I must say that the juice currently available is just as good.

This evening: Tom of Finland. The juice in my bottle is quite dark and ambery compared to the photos I see online. Does anyone else have this stuff?

My ToF is almost exactly the same color as Kolnisch Juchten.

I have taken to wearing Chanel 1932 for my eveningtime scent. I was disappointed when I first tried this, but I think I've enjoyed it more every time I've worn it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics