• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ranger44

Reaction score
I can attest to the quality of the L01. I was at the Chicago ysl store and tried on the L01 in the newest season. Thought to myself.....it's nice but not worth 5k. So I started looking for deals/discount online. Found a fw13 version L01....my first thought was "yes, this is worth 5k". To me atleast the fitting was more flattering.

Nice. Wish I could get some hands on a fw13 version. My opinion is based on what others have discussed, pics and measurements. But my L17 13 is definitely much nicer than the newer calf (16) - so I assumed same thing with the l01 '13

Sadly Not Yohji Yamamoto

Reaction score
I love the Classic Wyatt 40 Harness Boots. In my affection for them, I'd love to learn more about them.

1. Hedi Slimane created them right? Now that Vacarello is creative director, are the boots presently available the same as the ones Hedi introduced?
I know there are at least 4 different versions of this boot, with the difference so minor that I didn't notice them at first: the shape of the leather piece around the top of the tongue is curved on some models and straight on others, the metal pieces are lighter on some (the ones presently for sale are darker), one without the "Classic" in its name has a very different, even more slender silhouette, etc. And the model numbers are different.
2. When a new designer takes over and the prior designers pieces remain available, does the new designer usually alter their successor's pieces, however slightly, as might be the case with this season's Wyatt?
3. The boots aren't listed as part of SLP's permanent collection (http://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product/men/permanent_section). Does that mean they'll no longer be available in the near future?
4. While there's a user reviews of the shoes, are there any pieces that go in-depth on the shoes? A thinkpiece even. Would love to get into the nerdy details.

Thanks.

TheSneakyTruth

Reaction score
What you want for an untucked shirt is for the hemline to be flat. Curved hem shirts are designed and cut to be tucked in and remain tucked during movement. Of course this is all a tie-over from classical menswear and traditional tailoring, and there are no hard and fast rules in fashion, but it is something to think about.

If you absolutely had to choose between those 2 shirts, I'd say the McQ looks better untucked. SLP shirt looks major pirate-core being so long and scooped.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked out some of the new (for me) RTW on the website, some of the pieces are interesting. I may be the only one, but I like the mid-top sneakers in distressed leather...if only they didn't have that insane writing on the sole.

jaco87

Reaction score
I recently bought an SLP shirt at 70% off and want to compare it with a McQ by Alexander McQueen shirt I also got. They don't have a big price difference between them because of the discount on the SLP.

I love the SLP look, but I'm short and stocky and have ended up before with things that just don't work on my frame, so I'm adding items to my collection very carefully.

My current mission is to find a simple white button-up shirt that I can wear untucked.

Being an SLP fanboy, I WANT to like the SLP shirt more, and it has a thicker, more substantial fabric (The transparent McQ shirt needs an undershirt). But it's longer than all my dress shirts and I don't know if it looks properly "drapey" and natural, or if it's completely stupid and impossible to wear it untucked.

Can I get everyone's opinion on which one I should drop?

if you want a shirt to be untucked, try AMI

SLPlease

Reaction score
FWIW, I wear 10 in Nike and Adidas and am trying to decide between 42.5 and 43 in the suede cropped jodhpurs. 42.5 seems good in length but too narrow in the toebox. 43 seems a little long with maybe too much heel slip but overall more comfortable. Would the 42.5 break in to be comfortable? Would the 43 break in to be clearly too big? I don't know! I wear 43 in the current batch of leather Wyatt boots (after owning and selling 42 and 42.5), but this is my first attempt with suede.

Thanks for the response ;D

I tried to ask the SLP customer service on sizing. They said to go TTS with sneakers for the cropped Suede Jodhpurs.

So I guess I'll just go with a size 9.

Time to save up. Almost there.........

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics