• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Objectivelyappealing - fit is spot on. Don't size up, I don't think most people close their jacket too much. It's meant to be open.

One little nitpick is that the sleeves are a bit long, but some people like that with leathers if you try to channel the RO vibe. Obviously, SLP is meant to be more cropped.

I agree I think it looks good. I'd zip up those sleeve zips though, looks too flared when they are open. Regarding the sleeves being long, I understand the intended look is to be cropped, but if you were actually wearing this to ride you want the sleeves to be long to cover up your wrists while holding the handlebars, so I wouldn't worry to much about that.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot which wool composition for the teddy was superior, 88% vs 80%? I remember one pilled more than the other. Any help? Thanks!

SLPlease

Reaction score
Hey guys! My first post here.

I was looking to get a pair of Cropped Jodhpurs, but I'm not too sure on sizing.
I'll be getting it online, so I won't be able to try them on before I buy them.

How does the sizing usually work on these boots? I know estimating a size is kind of stupid, but that's what I have to resort to :D
I wear a size
9 in Nikes
9.5 in ultra Boosts
9 in Clarks Desert Boots

Randeep

Reaction score
^ The jacket posted is perfect in 44, don't get one that you can zip up comfortably. For leather outerwear I'd only ever wear with a t-shirt underneath anyway.

Surprised nobody has mentioned that the sleeves will naturally ride up when creasing at the elbows, so don't go gung-ho on alterations until you've broken it in...

Randeep

Reaction score
Speaking of L01s, can anyone comment on quality of whatever is currently available in terms of the classic lamb (not distressed):

i.e. the one available on mrporter currently is:

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/saint_laurent/leather-biker-jacket/915731

on the ysl website it is the following, with stylecode 397290Y5YA11000:

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...le-jacket-in-black-leather_cod40121342no.html

also saw this one on grailed:

https://www.ebay.com/listings/2587821-Saint-Laurent-Paris-L01-lamb-skin-leather-jacket

^ edit: POS forum software is re-writing my grailed link to eBay (lol?) with affiliate links.. niiice. Correct URL is as follows:

https://www.grai.REMOVE_ME.led.com/listings/2587821-Saint-Laurent-Paris-L01-lamb-skin-leather-jacket

which the guys says is from ss13 - from my understanding these are cut tigher/are higher quality but can anyone attest to that?

Basically trying to figure out whether, IF I was going to get the classic black L01 before they start adding cats and **** on to it, whether the difference in quality between seasons is discernible enough to hunt down specific style codes.

(for reference, I got the SS16 L16 in the mutton leather which I'm very very happy with - very happy I got this specific version but maybe with the classic lamb L01 it's a different story).

piblondin

Reaction score
Hey guys! My first post here.

I was looking to get a pair of Cropped Jodhpurs, but I'm not too sure on sizing.
I'll be getting it online, so I won't be able to try them on before I buy them.

How does the sizing usually work on these boots? I know estimating a size is kind of stupid, but that's what I have to resort to :D
I wear a size
9 in Nikes
9.5 in ultra Boosts
9 in Clarks Desert Boots

I'm also curious to know where you land on the sizing here. I would suggest that you go with 42, based on those comparables.... Do you want leather or suede jodhpurs?

Ranger44

Reaction score
Speaking of L01s, can anyone comment on quality of whatever is currently available in terms of the classic lamb (not distressed):

i.e. the one available on mrporter currently is:

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/saint_laurent/leather-biker-jacket/915731

on the ysl website it is the following, with stylecode 397290Y5YA11000:

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...le-jacket-in-black-leather_cod40121342no.html

also saw this one on grailed:

https://www.ebay.com/listings/2587821-Saint-Laurent-Paris-L01-lamb-skin-leather-jacket

^ edit: POS forum software is re-writing my grailed link to eBay (lol?) with affiliate links.. niiice. Correct URL is as follows:

https://www.grai.REMOVE_ME.led.com/listings/2587821-Saint-Laurent-Paris-L01-lamb-skin-leather-jacket

which the guys says is from ss13 - from my understanding these are cut tigher/are higher quality but can anyone attest to that?

Basically trying to figure out whether, IF I was going to get the classic black L01 before they start adding cats and **** on to it, whether the difference in quality between seasons is discernible enough to hunt down specific style codes.

(for reference, I got the SS16 L16 in the mutton leather which I'm very very happy with - very happy I got this specific version but maybe with the classic lamb L01 it's a different story).

To be honest. As seasons went by from 13' the fit got wider and sleeves got wider as well. I believe it has remained almost the same overall though. But quality in the 2013 is much more full and fitted. I think its best to get from 2013-15. Thats my finding.. But its really the same. 2017 seems the fit has gotten more cropped and slimmer, but the quality of leather isn't as good. Im really not sure, but thats my thought.

piblondin

Reaction score
I looking to get a Suede pair. The Croco pattern one specifically.
FWIW, I wear 10 in Nike and Adidas and am trying to decide between 42.5 and 43 in the suede cropped jodhpurs. 42.5 seems good in length but too narrow in the toebox. 43 seems a little long with maybe too much heel slip but overall more comfortable. Would the 42.5 break in to be comfortable? Would the 43 break in to be clearly too big? I don't know! I wear 43 in the current batch of leather Wyatt boots (after owning and selling 42 and 42.5), but this is my first attempt with suede.

Varinder Singh

Reaction score
To be honest. As seasons went by from 13' the fit got wider and sleeves got wider as well. I believe it has remained almost the same overall though. But quality in the 2013 is much more full and fitted. I think its best to get from 2013-15. Thats my finding.. But its really the same. 2017 seems the fit has gotten more cropped and slimmer, but the quality of leather isn't as good. Im really not sure, but thats my thought.
Thanks

Varinder Singh

Reaction score
I can attest to the quality of the L01. I was at the Chicago ysl store and tried on the L01 in the newest season. Thought to myself.....it's nice but not worth 5k. So I started looking for deals/discount online. Found a fw13 version L01....my first thought was "yes, this is worth 5k". To me atleast the fitting was more flattering.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdsakrta