• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the Classic Wyatt 40 Harness Boots. In my affection for them, I'd love to learn more about them.

2. When a new designer takes over and the prior designers pieces remain available, does the new designer usually alter their successor's pieces, however slightly, as might be the case with this season's Wyatts?

4. While there's a user reviews of the shoes, are there any pieces that go in-depth on the shoes?

Thanks.

I think they have been constantly changing the last to accommodate more people/make more money.

I think people on this forum are probably the most knowledgeable about the boot. As much as I want to think there is some depth to the idea/design, I think Hedi just wanted to create a cool looking boot, and added a harness to complete the biker vibe presented on fw13.

echau

Reaction score
IMG_20170707_071354.jpg

piblondin

Reaction score
Let me know how the fit is. I assume you're the same size?
42.5 crunched my toes width-wise and was not comfortable for the ball or arch of my foot, so I'm going with 43. I'm a US 10 in Nike and Adidas. I can occasionally get away with 9.5, but it's not optimal. I wear 43 in all European sized shoes I own, except Common Projects Achilles (42).

I decided to go with cigar suede over the fox color. Let me know what you choose.

Sadly Not Yohji Yamamoto

Reaction score
I think they have been constantly changing the last to accommodate more people/make more money.

Ah, and so making the shaft wider may be for that reason.

I just happened to come across this comment from a Reddit poster, should any be interested in the not obvious but important differences in the Wyatt shoes over the seasons:

Be aware that sizing varies from season to season, but here are some general guidelines:

If you want the skinniest shaft possible, avoid boots from AW15. From SS16 onwards they seem to have fixed the shaft, but the harness on the Wyatt harness models seems to be looser which may turn some off.

Obviously the gold standard for both a skinny boot shaft and harness are the AW13 boots.

OhMe

Reaction score
Just a cool day in Paris.

I am happy with this outfit, simple but effective.

I was affraid about the fading of the jeans on the boots (unworn before today), that's why I put the end of the jeans like this. Not a big deal though.

Boots : Saint Laurent cropped Jodhpur cigare SS17
Jeans : Saint Laurent D02 indigo raw SS16 / permanent (?)
T-Shirt : American Vintage
Jacket : Wooyoungmi SS09
Sunglasses : Saint Laurent SL51 Surf

xslpr

Reaction score
New to this forum. Anyone have pictures of the raw black denim after some aging. Thanks

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a cool day in Paris.

I am happy with this outfit, simple but effective.

I was affraid about the fading of the jeans on the boots (unworn before today), that's why I put the end of the jeans like this. Not a big deal though.

Boots : Saint Laurent cropped

Wow the jeans and boots fit just beautifully on you!

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to blake stitch my FW13 boots?
Wanting blake stitching over cemented construction is overrated...the difference in resoling between Blake and cemented is roughly the same, when compared to Goodyear welted.

With that said, I'm sure you can take it to any cobbler and they will just add those stitches to the bottom of the sole. Most likely over the decorative ones (from FW13 - SS14).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Washamhelens