• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prudy

Reaction score
Just to restate the obvious, if you're buying a $400 t-shirt to look punk you certainly could save youself $380 and hit up Etsy for a remake ;) However, punk has it's excesses just like everything else, so do whatever the hell you want, I say. You'll easily spend $200 or more on an authentic vintage band t-shirt if you can even track it down. It's more conservative to hue closely to 1976 ethics than make up your own today, which would technically be more 'punk', anyway. You could just make your own...

Just a note in general, thrifting used to be a viable option in the 70s, 80s, and somewhat in the 90s. Now, however, good luck finding anything you'd be interested in as everything interesting is either faked to look old (mostly imported from Asia) or impossible to find in the right size or $$$$ and won't fit as nicely as SLP :)

Haven't tried some of the other brands mentioned so I need to check those out...

Last edited:

silvrbullett

Reaction score
Do the black raw D10 midwaist jeans stretch in the waistband at all? I ordered a 29 since that's my normal SLP size but the high waist makes them pretty damn tight in the waistband. Wondering if they'll break in nicely or I should exchange for a 30?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the same size (29) in the D10 and the D02 for what it's worth. Waist band stretches a little but they should only start snug not tight.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
needhelp - i was disappointed, too! If there's a silver lining, perhaps this is another indication that it's more so Hedi's team running menswear and that AV is focused on womenswear, which seems to be doing quite well from a random article or two I read.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a related note, I receive the look book for womenswear F/W and it's admittedly great. No menswear!

scanner

Reaction score
15-06-2017_saintlaurent_heartknitbeanie_black_white_487519-4y206-1078_tc_1_1.jpg
SLP vs Mystery Skateboards
images.jpeg

Reaction score
Hello guys! I just got a L01 (lamb) from Mr. Porter and I'm a bit unsure about the fit it's a little tight around the shoulders / armpits and when I comes to zipping it up it's way to thight so can't really have anything other then a t-shirt under but other then that I like it. I am 171cm and 60kg. The jacket is a 44 so I'm considering going up one size to 46 what do you guys think? And will the jacket loosen up (stretch) a little after wear so it wont be so tight at the armhole.

Thanks.

Last edited:

sl29

Reaction score
Hey all, new to this forum, just trying to find another pair of my loved sneakers because i accidentally forgot them so if any of you have or know anyone that has the grey sl 29 court classic sneakers from ss13 or 14 sz 40 pls hit me up thx
f45b8346-b7ab-4383-9d7b-89f9161022c3-2060x1236.jpeg

NGOStudio

Reaction score
Hello guys! I just got a L01 (lamb) from Mr. Porter and I'm a bit unsure about the fit it's a little tight around the shoulders / armpits and when I comes to zipping it up it's way to thight so can't really have anything other then a t-shirt under but other then that I like it. I am 171cm and 60kg. The jacket is a 44 so I'm considering going up one size to 46 what do you guys think? And will the jacket loosen up a little after wear so it wont be so tight at the armpits?

A few fit pics.

Thanks!
View attachment 807749
View attachment 807750
View attachment 807751

Nice fitting. Generally speaking, lamb will stretch and mold to your body. The bad part is that a lambskin may lose its original shape over time and does not age too well.

Varinder Singh

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Do you guys use shoe trees for your wyatts? I just bought a pair , not sure if I should use shoe trees or not. Thanks!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Objectivelyappealing - fit is spot on. Don't size up, I don't think most people close their jacket too much. It's meant to be open.

One little nitpick is that the sleeves are a bit long, but some people like that with leathers if you try to channel the RO vibe. Obviously, SLP is meant to be more cropped.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeternum