• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely it'd be cheaper and easier to have one made by a tailor? All you need is the fur and then to measure out where the loops will go when it is cut to size.

mayastig

Reaction score

No, this one lighter, too similar to cigar...seen it in person...the one at ssense.com has a more accurate color but its a tad bit lighter than the photos.

I also thought the fox color way came with black heels? That's what I noticed...only hr cigars came with the light colored heels.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stopped into DH and picked that up on sight. An incredible piece for the price, considering the SL denim jackets were always a bit more and not as comfortable / restrictive.

What's the fit like scanner? I might order online and the website says it's cropped and fitted, and advises to size up one.

Thank you.

zebidee

Reaction score

what ss is the Jodphurs boots is that the new ss16 cigar dark version or is that the cigar light?
Sorry for the late reply... it says Sigaro on the box and they look fab with the slightly darker heel. From SS16. They are a tone lighter than my London 20s from FW16 called Lino and with light heels.
My humble collection of suedes, below.

PattyC

Reaction score

Sorry for the late reply... it says Sigaro on the box and they look fab with the slightly darker heel. From SS16. They are a tone lighter than my London 20s from FW16 called Lino and with light heels.

wow they really went overboard with slimming down the shaft

Ranger44

Reaction score

and the belt makes it at least 5 times cooler if you ask me

Wonder if you can use an l17 belt. I have both. but my l17 is calf and my l01 is lamb, so that would not work. But maybe a calf l01 and a calf l17, I highly doubt it, but just a thought. The l01 is more boxy.

Last edited:

Ranger44

Reaction score

wow they really went overboard with slimming down the shaft

The sigaro shaft from fw16, if you ask me..was bad. It had so many holes on the buckle, and it just flaps ugly. The black was great and so was the brown. Tan not so much. Not sure how SS17 is. But I do like the new colors

Last edited:

PattyC

Reaction score

The sigaro shaft from fw16, if you ask me..was bad. It had so many holes on the buckle, and it just flaps ugly. The black was great and so was the brown. Tan not so much. Not sure how SS17 is. But I do like the new colors

ah I meant the brown wyatts from SS16, the whole shape of the shoe looks hella awkward

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amazing collection.

zebidee

Reaction score
The
ah I meant the brown wyatts from SS16, the whole shape of the shoe looks hella awkward

My brown Wyatts are from 15 if I'm not mistaken. Wears really nicely. The tight shaft fits like a sock and works well with 15cm hem D02's. Will add the nut colour ones to my collection since I love and wear these alot!
For reference and comparison, my calf and velour on the top. Most of them bought around 15/16.

Diet CCC

Reaction score
The
My brown Wyatts are from 15 if I'm not mistaken. Wears really nicely. The tight shaft fits like a sock and works well with 15cm hem D02's. Will add the nut colour ones to my collection since I love and wear these alot!
For reference and comparison, my calf and velour on the top. Most of them bought around 15/16.

Do all normal Wyatt side zip have a bigger shaft than the harness version?

mayastig

Reaction score

These are the best images I could find of the light tobacco online

https://www.antonioli.eu/en/US/men/products/443190bt300-9870

They do however look very similar to the light tan/tobacco of last season

https://www.mrporter.com/en-ph/mens/saint_laurent/suede-jodhpur-boots/795927?ppv=2

gustavobradley

Reaction score
New article from NY Times about a bit of the history and future of the house: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/t-magazine/saint-laurent-anthony-vaccarello.html?_r=0

Gotta say, I'm disappointed to hear that menswear is basically a side project again for the brand. I was very optimistic that Vaccarello would come in and elevate the aesthetic in a way, but I guess not. I still do really like what he showed for womenswear, and I think I will continue to, but it sucks to know that menswear won't be getting the same treatment.

Also, was Surf Sound the most commercially successful collection? It sure seems that way with the fact that a lot of the new mens stuff seems to be cashing in on that same aesthetic. I was really hoping for Vaccarello to take more of a FW15 vibe (not a copy, but in the same vein of that slick, Parisienne look), which seems to have happened with the womenswear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads