• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

therattler

Reaction score
@kieran84 I tried on the raw black around December 2015 in the NYC boutique and was really disappointed. I went in thinking I would definitely buy it, but the fit was much boxier than the PC one. Way too wide in the body and sleeves. Same thing happened with AW16s cord collar one.

Prudy

Reaction score
The SS15 runway Bruce Conner denim jacket is my fav of all I tried, it's a skinny cut and the wash is great. Not everyone's cup of tea but I love it.

Agree 100% w/ Kieran84, aside from this jacket and the '13 versions the fit on the denim jackets has been lackluster...some of the washes have been nice but the proportions are off.

One exception, I've yet to try the shearling denim from FW16 but that's another beast, entirely.

Last edited:

Nivaze

Reaction score
Yeah, apparently they're fox if you compare the product code to the one on FarFetch, in stock pictures the Fox color way looks different tho.

Ranger44

Reaction score

does anyone have fit pics of someone trying on the ss17 trash denim? I wonder how they look on person

this one: http://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product/...rash-denim_cod36875810cq.html#section=men_rtw

I don't think they look like the stock photo. I think they look more similar to fw16 trash style. As I ordered off luisav and they didn't come like they looked on the model, which was that exact stock photo. But i would also like to know if someone ordered off ysl

Ranger44

Reaction score

The SS15 runway Bruce Conner denim jacket is my fav of all I tried, it's a skinny cut and the wash is great.  Not everyone's cup of tea but I love it.  

Agree 100% w/ Kieran84, aside from this jacket and the '13 versions the fit on the denim jackets has been lackluster...some of the washes have been nice but the proportions are off.

One exception, I've yet to try the shearling denim from FW16 but that's another beast, entirely.

I've tried it on. Awesome jacket. It super slim fit. I recommend sizing up for sure

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks therattler, it looked nice in quite a few photos around the web, but then they could be samples, or just happen to fit the model's proportions well.

Prudy, yeah the fit just hasn't been there for me, even though everything else about them has been nice.

My favourite was probably the SS 13 one that Gryphon O'Shea was wearing in the campaign. Europe buyers didn't buy it though and instead went for the mandarin collar one. According to the online store who contacted the merchandising team, Paris apparently had one that was similar, but I wasn't able to get one transferred to see it before they sold out. I didn't like the mandarin collar one at the time, but I'd definitely buy it now because of how good the fit was and how good it looked over all (the style has also really grown on me). At that time I felt that I could afford to be picky though.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, i should have mentioned it's older season shirt so hard to find another one ill go ahead and get it altered then

Angel of Death

Reaction score

This is the pair in the fox color way, you have any pictures of the new light cigar wyatts?
No, this one lighter, too similar to cigar...seen it in person...the one at ssense.com has a more accurate color but its a tad bit lighter than the photos.

Last edited:

echau

Reaction score
Question: does Saint Laurent make a fur collar for the L01, or are the buttons on the inner collar completely useless?

scanner

Reaction score
On a somewhat related note, I picked up a black denim jacket with distressing recently from Dior, so will be able to compare a bit later.

Stopped into DH and picked that up on sight. An incredible piece for the price, considering the SL denim jackets were always a bit more and not as comfortable / restrictive.

Ranger44

Reaction score

yeah stuff like this i just don't get, similar to how they have belt loops but no god damn belt

For some reason I never realized that the L01 doesn't. Mind blown..
But this is so true. I really wish saint Laurent would sell fur collars somehow

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members