• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Dropped off Hedi 30s and Chelsea 60mms at Leather Spa (NYC) for Topying. They kindly added a heel tap to the 30s as the rubber has worn down slightly. I held off on Topying the former mostly just because of life stuff and never really getting to it. So they've been worn fairly regularly--2-3x/week for about 2 years or so. Have to say they have held up very nicely, for all that they are "not Goodyear welted." The uppers have barely creased much (I use shoe trees of course). Haven't worn the Chelseas yet as I was determined to protect those first, this time around.

Randeep

Reaction score
has someone (@Prudy ?) got the 'march 2 1978' denim jacket and if so how does it size? like if i'm a 48 in satin teddys/SS16 L17/PC 3 button peacoat, and a 50 in an L01, can a size 'L' in the denim jacket work for me or would it be too small? [assumption is i'm taking my 'base' size of M and sizing up for the denim] - i want the cropped/fitted look.

i say L because i generally read that denim jackets need sizing up, but i'm not sure if i would need to go to XL - for example many times i've read the sizing recommendation for the fw13 'dead rat' denim jacket is to go up even 2 sizes.

somebody is selling the 'march 2 1978' jacket in size L on fb.. hemming and hawing between that or the gucci studded denim. i love both - from what i can see the SLP denim has crystals/beading in the design on the back that will add shimmer in the light (?).

here's the gucci one:

edit: but i've also been reading about that dior denim jacket from the last couple of pages and that's a serious (and cheaper) contender too - have any of you guys that have it got fit pics? a picture of that here for those that cba going to the site (the distressed/re-stitched arms look very cool)

Last edited:

Prudy

Reaction score
@ohyehhh hey yes, I have it and love it. Those are silver rivets and the jacket fits smaller. I take either a 46 or 48 in most SLP jackets and I went M on this on, the fit is great. I tried S but no go, this one fits skinny.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody here have the SL 06 low top? After starting to get into wearing trainers and picking up the SL 01s, I kind of want to get some more and I'm thinking of getting the white with black heel SL 06 low top. Looking at them they look a bit more European (kind of adidas looking) which is more my style compared to the more American surf sound sneakers and other offerings. Just wondering how versatile people find them with them being a bit more sporty looking than the SL 01s, which are really easy to wear with a Saint Laurent wardrobe.

Also to anybody that's seen them, is this picture an accurate representation of the colour? I've seen some other pictures where they look more of a dirty cream colour:

Ranger44

Reaction score

Anybody here have the SL 06 low top? After starting to get into wearing trainers and picking up the SL 01s, I kind of want to get some more and I'm thinking of getting the white with black heel SL 06 low top. Looking at them they look a bit more European (kind of adidas looking) which is more my style compared to the more American surf sound sneakers and other offerings. Just wondering how versatile people find them with them being a bit more sporty looking than the SL 01s, which are really easy to wear with a Saint Laurent wardrobe. Also to anybody that's seen them, is this picture an accurate representation of the colour? I've seen some other pictures where they look more of a dirty cream colour:
I personally like both. It's really hard to say. But I think I would take these over the other ones

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think only the predistressed surf sound sneakers look dirty. The surf sound sneakers share a similarity to the sl06 with the low profile look.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up the Dior jacket. It's about a grand (reasonable for them!!). The fit is very slim, as you can probably tell. It's about as tight as my SLP denim jacket, but maybe a half inch or inch longer in the body. The sleeves are very RO in length. The distressing is pretty cool up close, but is not at all loud so very wearable.

Angel of Death

Reaction score
I picked up the Dior jacket. It's about a grand (reasonable for them!!). The fit is very slim, as you can probably tell. It's about as tight as my SLP denim jacket, but maybe a half inch or inch longer in the body. The sleeves are very RO in length. The distressing is pretty cool up close, but is not at all loud so very wearable.
fit pics?

Isolar

Reaction score

Anybody here have the SL 06 low top? After starting to get into wearing trainers and picking up the SL 01s, I kind of want to get some more and I'm thinking of getting the white with black heel SL 06 low top. Looking at them they look a bit more European (kind of adidas looking) which is more my style compared to the more American surf sound sneakers and other offerings. Just wondering how versatile people find them with them being a bit more sporty looking than the SL 01s, which are really easy to wear with a Saint Laurent wardrobe. 

I seem to remember someone on here complaining a while back about how the SL 06s fell apart pretty quickly, and were generally less well-made than SL 01s and SL 10s. Can't confirm aside from that, so take it with a grain of salt. Like most things, I suppose it's all relative to how you wear them. Just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:

Ranger44

Reaction score

I seem to remember someone on here complaining a while back about how the SL 06s fell apart pretty quickly, and were generally less well-made than SL 01s and SL 10s. Can't confirm aside from that, so take it with a grain of salt. Like most things, I suppose it's all relative to how you wear them. Just thought I'd mention it.

I do see that the sl01 look much more rich in quality

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SL 01 is very different this season though. Definitely inferior to older seasons, and less substantial feeling (I have the black from an older season and the off-white from this season). They are still good enough though and I can't see them falling apart.

I personally haven't had any quality issues with any SLP and I have a pretty large amount that gets a lot of use, and so I tend to disregard most online complaints.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XIOSamerica