• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isolar

Reaction score

Do you guys think the PC denim jacket is worth picking up for retail? I wear denim jackets often, one thrifted Levi's and one from the Kooples.

Personally, I don't think the price-point of the PC denim jacket is too steep, at least not in the EU (€650, I think). I really love mine. The finish is perfect, with just the right amount of distressing. It's my go to summer jacket, as it works with nearly everything.

echau

Reaction score

Do you guys think the PC denim jacket is worth picking up for retail? I wear denim jackets often, one thrifted Levi's and one from the Kooples.

It's a wonderful jacket, but you can get it under retail. I purchased mine from End Clothing last year for $480 shipped.

Last edited:

chipskylurk

Reaction score
It's a wonderful jacket, but you can get it under retail. I purchased mine from End Clothing last year for $480 shipped.
I would wait for a sale, but I'm a little worried that it will be discontinued.

I think I'm gonna pick it up, though. Thanks guys.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think the price-point of the PC denim jacket is too steep, at least not in the EU (€650, I think). I really love mine. The finish is perfect, with just the right amount of distressing. It's my go to summer jacket, as it works with nearly everything.
It really is a nice jacket, the wash and distressing, but the reason i don't got it i just feel the opposite, that it's not very versatile i mean doesn't it only look good with black jeans?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
need help that may be the best Teddy pic I've seen. Looks perfect.

Re: if the Teddy is worth it...compared to other SLP items, I found it competitively priced for lack of a better term! The construction and fit is spot on. Keep in mind, it's very tight around the body and waist.

On a somewhat related note, I picked up a black denim jacket with distressing recently from Dior, so will be able to compare a bit later.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would chime in on needhelp's point; I haven't found the blue denim jacket as versatile as I"d like, since I mostly wear blue and grey jeans. I basically only wear it with black jeans.

Last edited:

Isolar

Reaction score

It really is a nice jacket, the wash and distressing, but the reason i don't got it i just feel the opposite, that it's not very versatile i mean doesn't it only look good with black jeans?

That's a fair point, though you could say that about any blue denim jacket. I just happen to wear black jeans a lot. Still thik it's a great piece.

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
need help that may be the best Teddy pic I've seen. Looks perfect.

Re: if the Teddy is worth it...compared to other SLP items, I found it competitively priced for lack of a better term! The construction and fit is spot on. Keep in mind, it's very tight around the body and waist.

On a somewhat related note, I picked up a black denim jacket with distressing recently from Dior, so will be able to compare a bit later.
wow thanks :)

i was happy about how it fit, especially the sleeves the length is perfect

the main alternative is of course the sandro one, having owned both they are completely different material and the sandro one is warmer cause it is thicker with quilted lining.

the teddy definitely is a stand out piece though, pictures certainly don't do it justice cause you can't really see the texture well.

it was lighter and thinner than i had expected, my one is new season 2016 one so not sure how the original ones were.

one thing i didn't really like was how the front **** pockets are so shallow but i guess it looks more like the runway when your hand sticks out a bit.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you guys reckon about getting a t-shirt altered one size smaller? what should i ask for? just taper and shorten body? do sleeves need work too?

stoptryinghard

Reaction score
what do you guys reckon about getting a t-shirt altered one size smaller? what should i ask for? just taper and shorten body? do sleeves need work too?

Personally I wouldn't bother tailoring any t-shirt. If you bought one that doesn't fit then I'd sell it and get a new one in the right size.

therattler

Reaction score
Would chime in on needhelp's point; I haven't found the blue denim jacket as versatile as I"d like, since I mostly wear blue and grey jeans. I basically only wear it with black jeans.

Since I only wear black jeans I think it's awesome. I've ended up wearing it more than I wear my leathers, teddy or suede jackets. Some of the new washes are really nice too, but really expensive. If they make it to a sale I'm in for another one.

I don't have a problem with wearing it with grey denim though because it is a pretty dark wash. It's a pretty casual look, but thrown over a band tee/stripes it's cool as hell.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've had a couple Dior shirts shortened, since they run a little long and I don't need them right away. I think I had the blood luster t-shirt tapered about an inch the first season, because I wasn't into the whole wide body thing. I get it done when I'm purchasing, so there's no charge, and it's not as though I need a t-shirt that day. Probably not wroth the hassle to send out and then have shipped back, etc.

I wouldn't mess with the sleeves, since they're usually cut short and any shrinkage from washing could start taking one into body-builder territory.

Last edited:

therattler

Reaction score
You can taper a tee's sleeves slightly along the inside seam. I've done this at home, only on tees I've bought from merch where fit is always a gamble. Shortening sleeves is a no. I've been known to cut off the sleeves altogether haha ...

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SirGrotius I'm interested in that Dior Homme denim jacket myself - the black one from the Larry Clark video right? How is the fit?

On the Saint Laurent denim jackets, for me personally none of the styles I like have been cropped and fitted enough since the first year. By SS 14 when I tried the bleached one, they'd become a pretty standard denim jacket fit, not like the really cropped and slim ones from SS 13 like the mandarin collar one for example. I've tried the permanent one and it's a nice item, just doesn't really meet my expectations.

I'd like one of the raw black ones if I could get one. I'm not sure as I haven't tried one, but in a lot of the photos I've seen they look to be a good fit.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member