• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried the black calf Devon Chelsea this afternoon that I got from the online store. I'm very happy with these and I think I'll probably buy a second pair too. A nice and dressy, albeit basic, pointy boot, something I've been waiting on for a long time. Tried them with my usual of black raw jeans and black knit, and also with a white shirt and 2 button black 69 cm blazer and they looked really nice with both. I'm very tempted to go with the python side zips as well now, although I would have preferred the lizard which I thought looked amazing on the runway.

Sizing wise, I went with my usual 45 and they're pretty snug in the toes and I have narrow feet - some people may prefer to go up 1/2 a size, but I can only go a full size to 46 which would be far too big. Ankles are reasonably small, but I still get a good gap between my ankle and the boot at the front - not a big problem but I would have preferred them to be slimmer. It certainly won't be possible to achieve the look where there's a gap between the boot and the jeans when wearing cropped jeans that I love, like in the look book (see below), and on the runway. Still very happy though.

valedictorian

Reaction score

Great place to order! I would assume it depends on where you live, but it takes 2-3 business days to get to my home in NY.

Matchesfashion is indeed a great online store. Purchased many times there. Their packaging is as nice as mrporter. They have a bit less choice in items and sizes but that's because they havs both men and women's wear. Mrporter split genders into 2 websites.

Cool thing about them is that they have stuff you usually find in no other website + when something is sold out, they still display it (in case you want to flip through the pictures), unlike mrporter.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Europe at least, only the patent Derby was bought for stores from the low shoes. Seems a very strange choice. I mean I like the patent but they really should have ordered some of the other variations (I'd like a plain calf pair, hopefully they'll pop up somewhere else).

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha the model scuffed the toes already
1f605.png

youwhat

Reaction score
there was an interview or something with Hedi saying he used to give them the boots to wear for a while before the shows so they didnt look brand new (on the runway)
dunno if they did that on later seasons or just 'distressed' them

SpencerA

Reaction score
Tried the black calf Devon Chelsea this afternoon that I got from the online store. I'm very happy with these and I think I'll probably buy a second pair too. A nice and dressy, albeit basic, pointy boot, something I've been waiting on for a long time. Tried them with my usual of black raw jeans and black knit, and also with a white shirt and 2 button black 69 cm blazer and they looked really nice with both. I'm very tempted to go with the python side zips as well now, although I would have preferred the lizard which I thought looked amazing on the runway.

Sizing wise, I went with my usual 45 and they're pretty snug in the toes and I have narrow feet - some people may prefer to go up 1/2 a size, but I can only go a full size to 46 which would be far too big. Ankles are reasonably small, but I still get a good gap between my ankle and the boot at the front - not a big problem but I would have preferred them to be slimmer. It certainly won't be possible to achieve the look where there's a gap between the boot and the jeans when wearing cropped jeans that I love, like in the look book (see below), and on the runway. Still very happy though.

Good info, thanks! I was wondering where do you find these lookbook photos online? I really love that look in particular.

cptspaulding666

Reaction score
Just ordered these in size 32 off matches fashion for $240, I thought that was a pretty good deal. I'm pumped to have them come in and see how they fit, the SLP 34s in blue trash I tried on were too big so I opted for a 32 in these. I can't get over how stretchy the denim I tried on is it's incredible.

Next on my list to cop is black raw hems and some SL 06 court classic suede low tops.
outfit_1042173_1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads