• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you should contact MrP and ask them what season it is specifically from, they should be able to tell you. Or contact YSL.COM give them this link and ask them if its the same. I wouldn't stress too much on the price difference, its very normal for different prices.

Guys i'm getting really confused, does the denim jacket fit true to size or not? Some people are telling me to size up

Also do you think they will restock the 3 passant belt on ysl.com?

Last edited:

rael

Reaction score
Yeah, I just realized it tonight and they come in the mail tomorrow. It's not a big deal for me as Mr. Porter has a great return policy and customer service but I will probably be more aware from now on and pay more attention, because there are some small but significant differences from season to season even with the "permanent" collection of SLP staples. Some people don't care too much as long as its similar enough. There are sometimes some bigger changes though and some people prefer one version over the other. Another example from this new season is the black raw hems are a lot shorter I think precut to a 32 inseam across the board when older black raw hems had up to 36 inseam I believe. I think maybe bcs too many people were stacking them like hemmed denim and afraid to get them tailored to fit with no break lol.

youwhat

Reaction score
the pictures on the ysl are probably taken of the samples...mr porter will use the retail versions. so there will be little differences (even if they were actually the same jeans).

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not comparing it to bespoke stuff so much as to these: http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/lingfield-black

Buy whatever makes you most happy at the end of the day. Just know that Carmina and C&J won't give you the same look as the SLP pair that you are looking at. The SLP pair has no welting and the overall shape of the toe is more round and "soft". The C&J pair has a much more angular design. I think skinny jeans look better with a softer/round (still elongated) toe box while pants with wider hems would suit a more angular toe box.

I like to think that for SLP you pay premium for the design. If that is not worth if for you then other alternative options will really do just as fine. Do you think people really care what you wear, at the end of the day it is only really you who cares.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me out with current FW Santiag in hazelnut suede sizing? Do they fit TTS? I had to size down one size for cigar Hedi Jods and they fit perfect.

cheers

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/saint-laurent/blue-classic-denim-jacket/1399973

Measure yourself and compare it to their size chart because it seems like they use actual measurements of the product and not just generic standard measurements of each size.

I can't really imagine sizing up in the denim jacket, it fits like everything else from SLP that is on the slim side. IME, they have two cuts, slim and boxy, and I go TTS in each, the only difference is the torso circumference. They're both cut short. The denim jacket has wider arms that I'm used to compared to the leather, but it's still a high arm hole.

CJAY

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know how these fit? I'm a size 29 in FW13 black stained holey D02 jeans and was wondering if a 28 in these would be ideal.

wanksy

Reaction score
what's the rule of thumb of hemming jeans? bought one recently and I find the 36" inseam too long. I'm 5'8". Never in my life I had my jeans properly hemmed to suit my height.

Cheers

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what's the rule of thumb of hemming jeans? bought one recently and I find the 36" inseam too long. I'm 5'8". Never in my life I had my jeans properly hemmed to suit my height.

Cheers

Good rule of thumb, and this is coming from someone who is 5'6" is that it'll be neater to hem your jeans, but you're right, they'll never look perfect. I have done the best with my raw diors, 17.5cm cut, which a fairly skinny cut when sizing down and not bothering to hem it. They have a tight calf, so it looks clean and if you spend the time (10 seconds) to stack properly, you can still make it look clean.

If it's any other wash, I usually have them hemmed at the boutique. Have them pull it a little low, so that's there's extra space, as the tailors are usually pretty conservative so you have to make sure your voice is heard that you like some stacks.

As an aside, I have found that pulling my jeans as far as I can up on my calf and then rolling them down, for lack of a better term, produces cleaner stacks on a daily basis. It takes a second once you have a hang of arranging them.

On a related note, you need to be slim/skinny to pull off stacks. If you're more muscular, or heavier in general, it starts looking sloppy faster.

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the blue stonewash denim will be returning this season (similar wash to the ss14). Need a new pair but I don't want any rips

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads