• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Guys thinking of getting the denim jacket, but..what other pants can you wear with it besides black?

Hi - I have the denim jacket. the cut is great but you're right, it's a pain to wear since I usually wear raw blue denim. It looks good with black but that's about it. I don't wear it that much.

I wore it with khaki shorts once, but that was a crime against humanity.

Last edited:

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Any shoe trees recommendations for suede Hedi 30 Jods? Will they loose shape/stretch?

Also thinking to grab black raw hem denim as my next purchase.
Worn these in leather (not suede) regularly for several months now. Not much discernible stretch. Definitely have not lost shape. I use fairly ordinary cedar shoe trees. From Woodlore, I think.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just asked the same question in the facebook group, but you guys here are pretty good. how much cheaper is it buying SLP outside of the US? if, for example, a small Sac De Jour retails for $2750 USD- or leather babycat skates retail for $595- what would they be elsewhere? thanks

additionally, just to add... i got a chance to try on the black destroyed "stained" denim at the NY store. i was really disappointed. they fit huge, i definitely would have needed to size down. i didnt like the tears in them, and the stained effect was not really prominent. would really love to get my hands on the original fw13
that being said, the NY store is gorgeous! 3 floors, the top one is all mens. my SA even told me its now the biggest SLP store in the world, pretty cool!
Small Sac De Jour is £1770 in UK, canvas babycat trainers were somewhere around £300. France may be cheaper, not sure.

youwhat

Reaction score
could you not just change the the countries site you're looking at on the official website?

or is that too difficult / requires some sort of brain?

newera90

Reaction score
Anyone knows what is the smallest size for the wool teddy jacket? 44 or 42? I am 170cm tall skinny which size would be the best fit?

traCk

Reaction score

could you not just change the the countries site you're looking at on the official website?

or is that too difficult / requires some sort of brain?

thats actually a great suggestion. i'm just confused as to why you felt it necessary to express hostility in your post... unfortunate

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran84

Also got to see the surf board - beautiful (approx £5000 though!!).

What the fack.

Yeah t-rex sweat is pretty popular, looks good for a season and for one wear cause people will recognize upon second wear then they'll be like hey look its the t-rex guy

styleyeti

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the quality of SLP boots compares to actual shoe-makers, like Crockett and Jones and Carmina? I've been looking for a pair of sleek, black chelsea boots and finally found something I think looks great:

http://www.mrporter.com/mens/saint_laurent/leather-chelsea-boots/516594?ppv=2

But sadly, I get the impression that stuff by SLP is priced high and of low quality. Am I wrong? I wouldn't mind paying the premium if I was getting something on par with C&J.

halberdklown

Reaction score
Question for you guys:

Just purchased this pair of denim from Rodeo, told they were new for this season but haven't managed to find them anywhere else online. When I got home I wore them for a bit but noticed an odd "boxy" outline around the knee when I sat down. I turned the jeans inside out and found these large patches of denim in the knees. Is this sort of thing normal for this style of jean by SLP? Seems a little sloppy to me...

Kind of wish I could return them for something else but of course I ripped the tags off as soon as I got home :bored:

rael

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time needing to post but a lurker and member of other SLP groups in other places.

I'm trying to figure if these two pairs of denim are the same. One is from Mr. Porter and the other is from YSL.com. I wanted to buy the new season pair direct from YSL but they don't have my size available right now. I ordered from Mr. P thinking it was the same pair, but now I'm having doubts. Biggest thing is the price difference ( $40 more on YSL) and the coloring/distressing is looking slightly different.

If they end up being old season, I'm just going to return them and wait it out until I can order direct from YSL.com

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the quality of SLP boots compares to actual shoe-makers, like Crockett and Jones and Carmina? I've been looking for a pair of sleek, black chelsea boots and finally found something I think looks great:

http://www.mrporter.com/mens/saint_laurent/leather-chelsea-boots/516594?ppv=2

But sadly, I get the impression that stuff by SLP is priced high and of low quality. Am I wrong? I wouldn't mind paying the premium if I was getting something on par with C&J.

Its probably what you said 'high price, low quality' if you compare to bespoke stuff. I just saw that site Crockett and Jones, they have a handmade shoe for 4000 pound WTF, how rich are some people sheeet.

Last edited:

rael

Reaction score
I am after the lighter denim shown here and I assumed Mr. Porter was selling the same model until I had some time to really compare the two pictures and information from each website. It's not that it's a new/old season issue, but that the jeans have some aesthetic differences after looking at them. If they are the exact same after all when I get the Mr.Porter pair in the mail, then I really don't care I'll keep them, but I'm after these exact jeans shown below.

Maybe I am picky or OCD, but it's about the look, not the season.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads