• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any experiences or thoughts on the lizard-embossed offerings? Thinking about the jodhpurs since I can't find the Wyatts anywhere.

tiragemarcus

Reaction score
Personally not fan of embossed animal textures, especially on the SL boots. I think those look best in a more natural leather or suede finish.

eyeq8402

Reaction score
i used to have a pair of slp 17.5 cm selvedge denim jeans when they first came out. wished i still had them. does anyone know where you can buy them still? much appreciated.

Last edited:

Nimzerz

Reaction score

Visited the slp store during my trip in Vegas. Tried on these destroyed's. I sized down one and couldn't get them up all the way, this pair here was tts for me. Waist was pretty good, slightly loose but the cut seemed perfect. I'm gonna get a pair of these someday...someday.

Btw, the Vegas salesperson that helped me was terrible. All up in my business, not talkative, seemed to be pissed about working during Christmas or something. She just seemed to have a permanent frown on her face lmao.

Other than that I was just impressed by the leather for the jackets and suede boots (cropped jodhpur cigar suede felt amazing)

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any shoe trees recommendations for suede Hedi 30 Jods? Will they loose shape/stretch?

Also thinking to grab black raw hem denim as my next purchase.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys thinking of getting the denim jacket, but..what other pants can you wear with it besides black?

Nivaze

Reaction score
Yesterday I got oil/ashes stains on my hedis from a BBQ, I got most of it out but as you can see the suede is clearly darker around that area now.

Anyone got tips of how to get it cleaned or atleast reduce the damage or will it never get out anymore?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some SS16 pieces looking awesome in this video. I knew I'd like this collection more once the stylists start putting stuff together for shoots (there are past season items in there as well though). Particularly loving the frayed edge jeans with the Hedi 30 Chelsea boots - not sure if the jeans are SS 16 or SS 15 though (any suggestions?). Incidentally, I was just admiring one of the Sales Assistant's pair of these boots at the Bond Street store yesterday - he had the skinny black jeans cropped slightly to show the boot, with the three passant belt and one of the classic extra fine merino knits - definitely on my buy list for shoes once re-stocked).

Speaking of the new collection, I got to try the leather low top with camo laces yesterday. I really liked them - there is subtle distressing on them, and they looked great on (not really like a typical sneaker). I'm still undecided on whether or not I'm going to buy trainers though as I haven't worn trainers in over a decade as they're not really me (passed on the socks again for this reason). Also not sure if I want the mid-top or the low-top.

Picked up the navy ivory cashmere breton originally from SS 15 which has been re-stocked for 16 (also there's an offering with the green from the dinosaur sweater used on the stripes). A nice, albeit subtle, bit of knitwear.

Also got to see the surf board - beautiful (approx £5000 though!!). They also had the skateboards (about £500). Seems like the dinosaur sweater is a hit already as it's sold out at Bond Street and also on YSL.com, Ssense, and LVR.

I also put my name down for a pair of the London 20 cropped Chelseas in black once they arrive. Staff seem pretty excited about these - not surprising as the cropped jodhpurs are such a hit with them.

Last edited:

traCk

Reaction score
i just asked the same question in the facebook group, but you guys here are pretty good. how much cheaper is it buying SLP outside of the US? if, for example, a small Sac De Jour retails for $2750 USD- or leather babycat skates retail for $595- what would they be elsewhere? thanks

additionally, just to add... i got a chance to try on the black destroyed "stained" denim at the NY store. i was really disappointed. they fit huge, i definitely would have needed to size down. i didnt like the tears in them, and the stained effect was not really prominent. would really love to get my hands on the original fw13
that being said, the NY store is gorgeous! 3 floors, the top one is all mens. my SA even told me its now the biggest SLP store in the world, pretty cool!

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, I think you're probably right except that the 28s I had from SS 16 fitted me like that in the lower leg, but the 29s look looser. I kept the 29s as I'm tired of my jeans riding up my leg all the time and having to pull them down every time I stand up / climb stairs - kind of wish I'd kept the 28s now though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads