• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scanner

Reaction score
the leather is so lame, such a shame they chose to raise the price and low the quality

Any Pics? I was almost tempted to pick up a new L01 as the SS16 Washed Lace Up leather that I pre-ordered ended up being utter trash. It's not surprising though, I checked out the FW15 L17 and found it to be a really dull and thin lamb instead of the classic calf which seems to have disappeared. Is there no Permanent Collection anymore? Why can't they just have a consistent line of leathers ?

I also must have picked up about 4 or 5 of the leathers during the course of FW15 sales (black on black perfecto, all black perfecto with no hardware, zipper sleeve, 3/2 zip Jacket) and was so frustrated to find that the ones with nice leather fit like potato sacks while the ones that fit really nicely felt like something high street.

scanner

Reaction score
Also, are there no more plans to release Made In Japan Raw Indigo? I've been waiting ages for a restock and I don't want to have to settle for APC or something workwear-ish.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ If you're referring to the D02 then I'm not sure. I've spoken to staff about them and some are hoping for a re-stock for themselves, but said it's pretty unlikely as they didn't sell very well (ended up at Bicester outlet in the UK apparently). No idea why they didn't sell as they're fantastic.

halberdklown

Reaction score
Any chance someone is looking for a pair of biker jeans size 30 or 31? Bought both sizes to try, but I think it would be easier for me to sell than pay for return shipping back overseas (Harrods). Both brand new, willing to ship free in CONUS as long as I can get rid of both today. Let me know

Last edited:

scanner

Reaction score
^ If you're referring to the D02 then I'm not sure. I've spoken to staff about them and some are hoping for a re-stock for themselves, but said it's pretty unlikely as they didn't sell very well (ended up at Bicester outlet in the UK apparently). No idea why they didn't sell as they're fantastic.

Yeah either D02 or even D01. SS14 D01 fit kind of like D02 but had awesome stretch and a really nice sheen/light wax to them as they broke in. I might have to break out my tailored D03's with the black/blue hue and selvedge. They are just unbearably hard to wear as the denim is so tough. Shame there aren't as many Raw options anymore, not even with Jackets.

JSAN

Reaction score
Anybody line up at Harrod's in Sydney? They had a whole rack of SLP at 50% off on Boxing Day. Leather jeans going for around $700 AUD, normal ones around $300, there was only small/huge sizes left when I got in though.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody line up at Harrod's in Sydney? They had a whole rack of SLP at 50% off on Boxing Day. Leather jeans going for around $700 AUD, normal ones around $300, there was only small/huge sizes left when I got in though.

Damn. That's a steal.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scanner yeah I really don't understand the lack of interest in them. Probably because they haven't been featured on the runway or campaigns much.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the plain black mid waist jeans from the AW 15 runway which are marked as D10. Both Prudy and I have given them good reviews here. They are the skinniest jeans in raw black that have been done since AW 13, and are much skinnier than the recent D02s in black (though not as skinny as the AW 13 ones). They're also a very flattering fit in the hips (I think I actually prefer these to the AW 13 raw D02s), and I liked them so much I bought like two in 28 and two in 29.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have the plain black mid waist jeans from the AW 15 runway which are marked as D10. Both Prudy and I have given them good reviews here. They are the skinniest jeans in raw black that have been done since AW 13, and are much skinnier than the recent D02s in black (though not as skinny as the AW 13 ones). They're also a very flattering fit in the hips (I think I actually prefer these to the AW 13 raw D02s), and I liked them so much I bought like two in 28 and two in 29.

How is sizing on these compared to the d02 as far as the waist goes?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They fit a bit smaller in the waist, probably about half a size, compared with this season's mid waist black raw hem jeans that you bought before and returned. Compared with AW 13 raw D02s, they fit close to a size larger - for example if you were a 29 in AW 13 raw D02s, then you could probably get away with a 28 in these. The fit may be different in the washed blue ones though.

slann01

Reaction score

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@slann01 , if my shoulders are 40 cm does Saint Laurent carry any leather jacket sizes with a length of around 51 cm and sleeves of around 55 cm? I'm 165 cm by the way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics