• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mannequin

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm a bit of a novice with fashion and style in general. I've been trying to assemble a new wardrobe and I'm looking at boots (preferably those available in Australia).

I have my eye on a pair of R.M. Williams Rigger boots as shown here. Are these a good choice for an everyday boot in an Aussie winter? Should I be looking at another style or colour?

Bonus question: While not boots, does anyone here know much about R.M. Williams Semaphore shoes? Considering them for spring.

Thanks!

Rankiz

Reaction score
I have RM Williams Comfort Craftsman in Size 7G and have had them for over 2 years. I am thinking to purchase some new but I am not sure which size I should get. Because 7G in Comfort Craftsman is a little narrow in the toe box (my big toe was touching the toe box ceiling and making a notch on the inside) and a little narrow at the little toe (width). I was thinking to either size up to 7,5G or go for 7 H(wide). What do you think?

Locally I tried 7.5G and they feel better in the width, but I am unsure if there might develop heel slippage if I size up half a size, so that is why I was thinking to go for 7H. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

theSeekerr

Reaction score
I've been looking at ordering a pair of Rigger boots, but I need to sort out my sizing first - I'll definitely want the H fit, but the length could be anywhere from about 8.5 - 9.5 depending on how long and wide they run.

If I just drop into an RM Williams store in Sydney, will they have something in an H fitting I can try? Which of their regular styles is most similar in fit to a Rigger?

SpeedBird

Reaction score
389 George Street Sydney would be the only store in SYDNEY to have the range and fittings for you to try, Go and see the Englishman named Allan there, he will look after your for fit and size. 389 George Street is the store that sells the most RMW gear in Sydney. Let us know how you went with Allan.....

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 7D in AE 5 last and wear 6F in veal macquaries with the brass screws. This is about as tight as you can get. F is already narrow but macquarie = more narrow, screws = more narrow. My foot still fits in the boot but barely. I don't mind it at all, it's not painful but it is kind of annoying having one of your outer toes touch the boot as you walk. I would say 6.5G would be safest if you fill in the 7.5D's nicely and are on the wider end rather than barely fitting the 7.5D and having some slippage. Either than or go 7F for a little more length along with width. 6.5F is just risky unless you want it really snug and don't mind the discomfort. Your foot needs to be on the narrower end and maybe have a little more space in the 7.5Ds.

Last edited:

chenm0416

Reaction score
I am 7D in AE 5 last and wear 6F in veal macquaries with the brass screws. This is about as tight as you can get. F is already narrow but macquarie = more narrow, screws = more narrow. My foot still fits in the boot but barely. I don't mind it at all, it's not painful but it is kind of annoying having one of your outer toes touch the boot as you walk. I would say 6.5G would be safest if you fill in the 7.5D's nicely and are on the wider end rather than barely fitting the 7.5D and having some slippage. Either than or go 7F for a little more length along with width. 6.5F is just risky unless you want it really snug and don't mind the discomfort. Your foot needs to be on the narrower end and maybe have a little more space in the 7.5Ds.

Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking of going with GYW instead of brass screws to make resoling more realistic. Would this make 6.5F a safer bet?

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be less tight but I'm not sure if that would make it safe. There's quite a few people who had to get G width and had D width AEs. Maybe someone else can weigh in.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to buy these brand new pair for $225. Plus 10% off through api . Then once I tried them on looked really ..... . So passed. They are craftsman. I can buy RMW prepaid gift cards for 25% discount through API - which my employer is a participant.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They look very... square. And you're battling uphill trying them on with shorts tbh.

They look terrible. What model are they?

They are craftsman model with screwed sole . I was in shorts on weekend shopping. DJ is no longer carrying them and hence the price reduction . I was really tempted but just could like it. If you are in Sydney and want to buy RM Williams gifts cards at 25% off retail you can pm me. You will however owe me beer .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads