• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And look at while I was testing my Gladietor what I photographed.

I would like to do this too. But first I need to enjoy my first bespoke.

I would also like this very much...but I think if it was maybe 3 or 5 eyelet derby with same broguing style and the grain leather it would also be very nice!

bamboo

Reaction score

I received my Novecento Marverick. It took a longer time than I expected as he had to remake the shoes. What happened is that the first shoes were 1 size bigger than it should be. My size is very small which is UK 5.5 EG and GG. In Bastettis's last it is actually UK 4.5. As the size gets smaller, the discrepancy between EUR sizing and UK sizing bigger. ( I experienced this with VASS too). First test shoes were too big too, and I told Riccardo it seems more than half size too big, but both of us did not realize the degree of problem at that time. Anyway, he remade the test shoes and final shoes for me.

Do I like the shoes?: Yes
Shape of the shoes: I like it very much.
Fitting: Just tried in room on carpet. Initially, heel cup shape was problematic but after 3 days trial it gets much better. I anticipate will be very good if not great.
Leather Quality: I am not expert, but EG crust leather looks to me better.
Outside Finish: Probably I was luckier than some other gents here? There is no big problem such as wheel mark or frayed stitches. There remains marking in silver color used for cutting pattern. It is much better than my first shoes which was too big. Color turns out to be much brighter than the first pair which needs to be returned. It is OK for me this time, but may not be in some cases.
Inside Finish: Finish of opening is not really clean.
Communication: Riccardo is a nice guy, but communication was a kind of not super smooth. Neither I or he is native in English.

Do I order shoes from him again?: I thinks so. Probably loafer or balmoral oxford not in crust leather. I am not confident enough to order something complicated or different from pictures shown in his blog.

I started this project as I was impressed with the shape of his shoes and am quite interested in how this remote fitting works. When it comes to final touch of detail, there is a room for improvement and if you require a high standard such as some Japanese shoe makers', he may not be the right guy for you. In terms of fitting of the final shoes, it is quite good and I have to say he is talented to make shoes with good shape and fitting. He can get a good amount of information from the pictures of your feet with and without shoes.

Last edited:

bamboo

Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks for your advice.
biggrin.gif
Most of those things on my pair will be no issue after wearing and polishing. It definitely looks like silver marker pen, is it commonly used in the industry?

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

MightnMagic

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
:butbut: I just ordered a pair of UK5 RTW.... And without the test shoe...:facepalm:
I received my Novecento Marverick. It took a longer time than I expected as he had to remake the shoes. What happened is that the first shoes were 1 size bigger than it should be. My size is very small which is UK 5.5 EG and GG. In Bastettis's last it is actually UK 4.5. As the size gets smaller, the discrepancy between EUR sizing and UK sizing bigger. ( I experienced this with VASS too). First test shoes were too big too, and I told Riccardo it seems more than half size too big, but both of us did not realize the degree of problem at that time. Anyway, he remade the test shoes and final shoes for me. Do I like the shoes?: Yes Shape of the shoes: I like it very much. Fitting: Just tried in room on carpet. Initially, heel cup shape was problematic but after 3 days trial it gets much better. I anticipate will be very good if not great. Leather Quality: I am not expert, but EG crust leather looks to me better. Outside Finish: Probably I was luckier than some other gents here? There is no big problem such as wheel mark or frayed stitches. There remains marking in silver color used for cutting pattern. It is much better than my first shoes which was too big. Color turns out to be much brighter than the first pair which needs to be returned. It is OK for me this time, but may not be in some cases. Inside Finish: Finish of opening is not really clean. Communication: Riccardo is a nice guy, but communication was a kind of not super smooth. Neither I or he is native in English. Do I order shoes from him again?: I thinks so. Probably loafer or balmoral oxford not in crust leather. I am not confident enough to order something complicated or different from pictures shown in his blog. I started this project as I was impressed with the shape of his shoes and am quite interested in how this remote fitting works. When it comes to final touch of detail, there is a room for improvement and if you require a high standard such as some Japanese shoe makers', he may not be the right guy for you. In terms of fitting of the final shoes, it is quite good and I have to say he is talented to make shoes with good shape and fitting. He can get a good amount of information from the pictures of your feet with and without shoes.

bamboo

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of UK5 RTW....

Are u uk5 on which brand? I think u can explain your concern to Ricardo.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I received my Novecento Marverick.   It took a longer time than I expected as he had to remake the shoes.  What happened is that the first shoes were 1 size bigger than it should be.   My size is very small which is  UK 5.5 EG and GG.  In Bastettis's last it is actually UK 4.5.  As the size gets smaller, the discrepancy between EUR sizing and UK sizing bigger. ( I experienced this with VASS too).  First test shoes were too big too, and I told Riccardo it seems more than half size too big, but both of us did not realize the degree of problem at that time.  Anyway, he remade the test shoes and final shoes for me.

Wow, I literally never heard of that problem before. I'd say I'm between 6 and 6.5 UK and literally every post I've seen from people with similar sized feet recommended similar sized shoes in EUR sizing (39.5/40). To have to go an entire size down, at least with Vass, just because your feet are on the smaller end of the scale seems illogical. Can anyone else with small feet corroborate bamboo's findings?

Nice shoes btw.

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure if it's going to be helpful to you guys or not but Riccardo's sizing does not correlate with any EU, UK or US size conversion
if you don't have benefit of a test shoe at minimum, you're shooting in the dark

C&A

Reaction score

not sure if it's going to be helpful to you guys or not but Riccardo's sizing does not correlate with any EU, UK or US size conversion
if you don't have benefit of a test shoe at minimum, you're shooting in the dark

Are you sure he's got a whole different sizing system for his rtw that only he uses? How do shops selling his RTW deal with this then?

When he made my last and test shoes way back when he actually explained to me that my heel was like an EU size so amd so, whilst the length and forefoot whete like an EU size this and that. So he is able to relate foot shapes to EU shoe sizes.

Of course an error may occur ordering his rtw shoes without trying them on first, but he should be able to advise what size to take based on foot measurements and the sizes you take from other makers.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you sure he's got a whole different sizing system for his rtw that only he uses? How do shops selling his RTW deal with this then?

When he made my last and test shoes way back when he actually explained to me that my heel was like an EU size so amd so, whilst the length and forefoot whete like an EU size this and that. So he is able to relate foot shapes to EU shoe sizes.

Of course an error may occur ordering his rtw shoes without trying them on first, but he should be able to advise what size to take based on foot measurements and the sizes you take from other makers.

my being sure about his fits is only as sure as the man himself and what he told me when I turned him loose to make a couple

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I literally never heard of that problem before. I'd say I'm between 6 and 6.5 UK and literally every post I've seen from people with similar sized feet recommended similar sized shoes in EUR sizing (39.5/40). To have to go an entire size down, at least with Vass, just because your feet are on the smaller end of the scale seems illogical. Can anyone else with small feet corroborate bamboo's findings?

Nice shoes btw.
In Meccariello I am a 5.5UK, despite being a 6-6.5UK in most RTW shoes I buy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads