• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The colour, distressing, shape and sole are all kind of awful, I'd return.

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dana Lee sweatshirt sounds like exactly what you're looking for but i don't know if there is a burgundy. It's a cotton/cashmere mix and it's really comfy and casual, but also has a nice hand to it. I got one from Neighbour and I've been wearing it every day. The strike gold sweatshirts from Self edge are pretty much perfect, but they are a little more ($200?)

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received this AKM tee that I had recently ordered. I've tried a lot of different expensive Japanese tees but this one is my favorite yet. The fabric is insanely thick and heavy. It says its a blend of rayon, nylon, and acrylic yet it feels like super soft cotton. I liked it so much that I just ordered a second one in brown.

I think I've now seen enough pieces from AKM that I can confidently say this label's quality is very high and generally worth the price. I see AKM's more expensive sister label 1 piu 1 uguale 3 has a Sea Island Cotton tee. Can anyone comment on Sea Island Cotton in general? Is this fabric really worth the price or is it an over hyped legend?

akm_gray_tee2.jpg

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

here's a close up pic of the our legacy great sweat fabric in the 70% cotton / 30% silk version, it's used for the great sweats and great shorts. i wear the shorts almost everyday around the house, they are so comfortable. but look kinda scruffy

I have these shorts too and had the sweat (the orangeish colored one) before I returned it. this fabric is much better than the sweats this season. the f/w stuff just felt like a cheap dish towel.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dana Lee sweatshirt sounds like exactly what you're looking for but i don't know if there is a burgundy. It's a cotton/cashmere mix and it's really comfy and casual, but also has a nice hand to it. I got one from Neighbour and I've been wearing it every day. The strike gold sweatshirts from Self edge are pretty much perfect, but they are a little more ($200?)
Wow, both those look really good

but as you said, no burgundy/darkred version of either of them
confused.gif
' (the real mccoys have really nice loopwheeled ones too, but no darkred/burgundy there either)

I literally can not find one nice fitting sweatshirt with the right color except the OL one, not a single one, how is that possible?
puzzled.gif

Last edited:

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe the term you're looking for is Americana

Yes. But the term strikes me as being far too broad to be overly useful beyond describing things at a high level. For instance we often hear RL referred to as "Americana".

DesignerValet

Reaction score

I see AKM's more expensive sister label 1 piu 1 uguale 3 has a Sea Island Cotton tee. Can anyone comment on Sea Island Cotton in general? Is this fabric really worth the price or is it an over hyped legend?

From what I've heard, it is nicer, but not equal to the price premium you pay. Then again, is cashmere four times nicer than merino?

Last edited:

jwjp

Reaction score
kind of young there's a burgundy Real McCoys on superdenim.co.uk, might be too light for your needs but worth a look

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LL

It's rare that a sweatshirt looks truly great on anyone. Notice how the WAYWT fits with multiple visible layers tend to receive more thumbs up. The multiple layers provide visual interest since both the color and texture of your top half is no longer uniformly monotone. Likewise, even a plain v-neck s/s tee provides you with multiple colors and textures on top since your bare skin can be thought of as an additional layer.

But a long sleeve, crew neck, single color sweatshirt with few details is simply bland looking when worn by itself. It's like having 10 acres of schlubby gym fabric covering every inch of your top person. Just look at the guy above with the mustache wearing the sweatshirt! Wearing that sweatshirt together with his droopy eyes it says I'm hungover from last night, all sweaty from my recent trip to the gym, and didn't even bother to shower.

I do think the sweatshirt could look good if you paired it with a down vest though. That would add a pop of visual interest, breaking up the blandness the plain sweatshirt. But perhaps that would be warmer than what you're looking for. Otherwise I'd just avoid wearing plain sweatshirts all by themselves.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's rare that a sweatshirt looks truly great on anyone. Notice how the WAYWT fits with multiple visible layers tend to receive more thumbs up. The multiple layers provide visual interest since both the color and texture of your top half is no longer uniformly monotone. Likewise, even a plain v-neck s/s tee provides you with multiple colors and textures on top since your bare skin can be thought of as an additional layer.
But a long sleeve, crew neck, single color sweatshirt with few details is simply bland looking when worn by itself. It's like having 10 acres of schlubby gym fabric covering every inch of your top person. Just look at the guy above with the mustache wearing the sweatshirt! Wearing that sweatshirt together with his droopy eyes it says I'm hungover from last night, all sweaty from my recent trip to the gym, and didn't even bother to shower.
I do think the sweatshirt could look good if you paired it with a down vest though. That would add a pop of visual interest, breaking up the blandness the plain sweatshirt. But perhaps that would be warmer than what you're looking for.

Otherwise I'd just avoid wearing plain sweatshirts all by themselves.
(I'm not completely sure you're serious, but I'm just gonna assume you are and reply based on that assumption):

I totally agree with this if you're much older, but I'm 17.
For me as a teen, with a growing interest for fashion and style, I naturally enjoy making outfits that are "new" and not a previously seen combination, like this one:
900x900px-LL-06042079_P1080083.jpeg

but since I am, as previously mentioned, still young and with no real income, and I also prefer SW&D over MC (like in general I prefer to not dress preppy-ish), I simply don't have the wardrobe for many "new" outfits, and wearing the same "interesting" stuff several days a week doesn't work since well, because then they stop being "interesting", and also people will notice you wear the same **** every day.
This leads to that most of the time, I don't wear that unique or groundbreaking stuff but instead toned down and simple stuff, but the simple stuff I wear I think I wear rather well.
900x900px-LL-1222035b_P1080118.jpeg

900x900px-LL-5823aa4a_P1080167.jpeg

In the last one I'm wearing a plain sweatshirt by itself, but together with the washed blue jeans and beat-up rather big white sneakers, it comes together and looks aight for what it is, atleast in my opinion (and hey, it got 9 likes so I guess there are atleast 9 others who also think it looked alright)
It's not groundbreaking, and I won't ever need to post the same outfit again, but even as my wardrobe will grow and get more interesting, I will keep wearing these simple outfits, mainly because I enjoy the simplicity of them
smile.gif

tl;dr: I enjoy simple but well put together outfits

Last edited:

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whats up guys, I bought these MMM boots and I'm not sure how i feel about them. My first pair of brown boots ever so maybe I'm just not used to seeing brown boots on myself, what do you guys think, keep or return?

I also felt they may look a little long. They made my feet look like flippers in the mirror but I don't think its as bad in a photograph, thoughts? They have a strangely elongated toe for something this chunky (chunky for me, atleast).
My goal is some zip boots that look good with dark or light denim that aren't boring medium brown.
I'd originally dismissed them because of the sole thickness but then I saw some fit pic from aloha rag that made them look decent so I figured I'd give them a shot.
also, sorry for the **** quality pictures, it goes dark way too early in the winter and I'm not sure how long its going to be until I'm at home when its light out.

the thick sole makes the boot looks like some awful sneaker/boot hybrid at first glance. but even with a better sole, i don't like the shape. would return.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LL

I do think the sweatshirt could look good if you paired it with a down vest though. That would add a pop of visual interest, breaking up the blandness the plain sweatshirt. But perhaps that would be warmer than what you're looking for. Otherwise I'd just avoid wearing plain sweatshirts all by themselves.

I agree with almost everything except that this photo looks bad. I think its one of the rare sweatshirt fits that looks like it fits him and is not an amorphous blob.

and max_r I like those MMM's I just wouldn't wear them with the black jeans in the first photo. I think they look great in the last two.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics