• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this maybe?
http://store.americanapparel.net/product/?productId=hvt427

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice color and fit, but have heard underwhelming things about AA-quality, and for that price I can get something similar at weekday
Was thinking 100-150$ (so a bit higher quality) but I only really know of OL in that range

edit: to not clutter up this thread any more with just one question, pm me instead if you have a suggestion
smile.gif

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
at that price you can pick up virtually anything used/on sale.. acne, kimmel, our legacy, APC, etc etc. just dig through yoox.

also I picked up and returned that OL sweat. fabric was ****.

TWorksheets

Reaction score
Part of the draw of OL fabrics is that they're ****** in a good way ie. slubby, fuzzy, pilled, washed out, pre-crushed nap, etc.

However it's a fine line and sometimes they just end up ******. Their great sweats sweaters are an example of this ime

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For $150 get something wool that looks casual enough to pass as a sweatshirt. You'll thank me in like 2 years.
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, want it to be "streetwear" enough to wear with sneakers, but clean and simple enough to layer with shirt and trench

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For $150 get something wool that looks casual enough to pass as a sweatshirt.  You'll thank me in like 2 years.

Why is this? Noob question, I live in California so it never gets that cold. I figure wool is warmer than cotton (but also not as comfortable on the skin) and it will look better over time as you don't really wash it. Am I missing something?

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is this? Noob question, I live in California so it never gets that cold. I figure wool is warmer than cotton (but also not as comfortable on the skin) and it will look better over time as you don't really wash it. Am I missing something?
I think he just meant it'll look better

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's a close up pic of the our legacy great sweat fabric in the 70% cotton / 30% silk version, it's used for the great sweats and great shorts. i wear the shorts almost everyday around the house, they are so comfortable. but look kinda scruffy

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those, esp the brown, look very workwear, like something a logger would wear. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Well, I occasionally wear outfits that I would describe as "workwear lite". For example a military style jacket, v-neck tee, indigo jeans, and W+H service boots. But my overall profile will be far slimmer looking than most workwear guys-- e.g. I'll wear very slim Attachment jeans instead of roomy cut ones and the overall look is more fashion-y than rugged. I'd say a posters like jwied82 and nicelynice are probably the closest to my aesthetic. Not sure what you call the look, but I see it on many Japanese web sites. It's like an amalgamation of workwear, dark casualwear (goth ninja?), and rocker styles without a huge concern for being pure to a specific style.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Four Horseman has an OL reversible burgundy sweatshirt for like $90, but you'll have to spend $200 to get free shipping. I would tell you the quality, but I ran out of monies. :cry:

Last edited:

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats up guys, I bought these MMM boots and I'm not sure how i feel about them. My first pair of brown boots ever so maybe I'm just not used to seeing brown boots on myself, what do you guys think, keep or return?

I also felt they may look a little long. They made my feet look like flippers in the mirror but I don't think its as bad in a photograph, thoughts? They have a strangely elongated toe for something this chunky (chunky for me, atleast).

My goal is some zip boots that look good with dark or light denim that aren't boring medium brown.

I'd originally dismissed them because of the sole thickness but then I saw some fit pic from aloha rag that made them look decent so I figured I'd give them a shot.

also, sorry for the **** quality pictures, it goes dark way too early in the winter and I'm not sure how long its going to be until I'm at home when its light out.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads