• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

$548 on Yoox

A small price to pay to turn yourself into a human disco ball

But last year they had these :teach:

2eIoZ.jpg

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yo Mikey, I heard someone got shot in Baltimore the other day. You're okay, right?

He is posting from the hospital, using a chopstick in his mouth to type one letter at a time.

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he didn't have to be in the theater to be affected by it.

i think he'd be glad people were concerned, regardless. i would be. even if it were just dorks on the internet.

Last edited:

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Synth and I decided to do a mini meet up and he is really cute in person(giggling) so I can assure you guys that he is ok. He's got really intense eyes :embar:

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh.gif
what are you listening to

Breezy and fuuma pretty much got it. A traditional 'band' will do a release like this: album announcement > (occasionally) demo/EP > album release. You get the whole thing at once. The electronic music scene is moving much too fast for that model to work right now; on an incredibly aggressive schedule you could maybe record enough tracks for an album in a year, which is enough time for the de rigueur subgenre of the moment to shift out from under you and half the album to sound out-of-date. So most songs are either a free single, or packaged in an EP with 2-4 originals and some remixes by other artists. When artists do a full-length album, which is rare, they pick the 2-4 'hits' from the album and release them in EPs months in advance, so by the time the full album drops you're already sick of the good stuff on it. Also, music discovery is usually done through soundcloud/BBC radio/Sirius etc mixes by other artists, rather than handed down from Pitchfork et al, which means people are more often looking for individual tracks, rather than packages (albums).

I was just remarking that I hadn't listened to an album end-to-end in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads