• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS hender scheme is gorgeous in person and shout out to Idol for putting up with my gawking friends who I convinced to come in there by describing the store as the "thousand dollar goth sweater store"
I really like mine (and wearing them now.). They are also ridiculously impractical and have serious construction issues. Not like, that they are badly made, but that sythetics are super useful in sneakers for a reason.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vans slip ons ftw. At least that hasn't been copied to death by designers like the Chuck Taylor and Stan Smith shoes.

"
got my vans on but they look sneakas
♪ "

Just off the top of my head
1st Row: Visvim and Margiela
2nd Row: Common Projects and Diemme
3rd Row: Bottega Veneta and Golden Goose

What was that again about no copies?

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm aware that they're copied. Never said they weren't copied at all, just not to the extent of something like Chucks and Stan Smith clones you see everywhere.

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw a guy in an Ma+ leather biker jacket, ma+ engineer boots, ma+ belt... and really terrible dsquared jeans. Almost

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just saw a guy in an Ma+ leather biker jacket, ma+ engineer boots, ma+ belt... and really terrible dsquared jeans. Almost

I dunno. That sorta makes it even more cool.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He got the Dsquared2 jeans at Totokaelo tho ....

Part of the coolness is that he couldn't have. I've been looking at a Japanese webstores a lot, lately, and the breadth of their buys often make things extra interesting. It shows complexity and personality.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Photo forums are way too gear-orientated for me. The technical side of photography is pretty boring, but it's all most enthusiasts focus on. I stopped looking for forums a while ago, but am open to suggestions too, if anyone has some.

What would you prefer to discuss?

(and then, maybe we could discuss it in the photo thread? I am so guilty of neglecting it - I have a lot of stuff I could talk about, starting to do some printing and self-publishing at the moment, now know a lot about film, so much to discuss and share....)

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Photo forums are way too gear-orientated for me. The technical side of photography is pretty boring, but it's all most enthusiasts focus on. I stopped looking for forums a while ago, but am open to suggestions too, if anyone has some. 

I would just spend 20 minutes a day looking at photos, on Flickr, on tumblr, etc. You'll see garbage and you'll see great stuff, but I've found the process of actually looking St photos far more useful than reading I'll informed gear heads arguing about stuff they don't understand

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to plug my brothers photography website now (landscape mostly) but it's not a forum and I know I'm heavily biased so it would probably just come off as bad taste. I don't know **** about photography personally though.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post it up - it's not bad taste to say here's something I like check it out!

I'll bump the photo thread when I get home and can post up some photos and wax lyrical about other things.

basil rathbone

Reaction score

Yea after going to Paris I'd be okay never seeing another pair of Stan Smiths in my life... Except I was contributing to the problem because I also brought a pair as my only walking shoes.

The amount of people wearing Stans in Paris is insane. Half the people in a shop like Merci are wearing them. Still cool though. I dig 'em.

What would you prefer to discuss?

(and then, maybe we could discuss it in the photo thread? I am so guilty of neglecting it - I have a lot of stuff I could talk about, starting to do some printing and self-publishing at the moment, now know a lot about film, so much to discuss and share....)

Good question. I guess the RFT thread, but photography instead. Inspiration, photographers, news, business of photography, etc.

Random Photography Thoughts instead of What Are You Shooting Today.

Will bump the photo thread soon with thoughts.

I would just spend 20 minutes a day looking at photos, on Flickr, on tumblr, etc. You'll see garbage and you'll see great stuff, but I've found the process of actually looking St photos far more useful than reading I'll informed gear heads arguing about stuff they don't understand

Bit surprised to hear that Flickr still exists tbh. Kinda stopped going there after yahoo(?) bought it.

I want to plug my brothers photography website now (landscape mostly) but it's not a forum and I know I'm heavily biased so it would probably just come off as bad taste. I don't know **** about photography personally though.

Plug away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads