• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might we all find common ground in our appreciation of this particular piece of art and retire to our beds in order to be refreshed for tomorrow's squabbles over loose-fitting garments and thick-soled shoes?

9780694003617_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I think that you are misreading my post.
I'll reprhase:
1) The technical aspects of painting are not particularly relevant in critiquing art, especially non-representational art.
2) The guy was a pain in ******, but he was a human being, and his loss is felt.

I completely understood what you were saying, and I'm saying that it was unnecessary to add any of that given the situation.

To put it in perspective, if Mr. Moo died tomorrow, all I'd say is, "I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he rests in peace." and leave it at that.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skeen is a known troll and instigator.
Yes, I know. I'm the one who gets to read all the reports about him. I still don't think that summary dismissal of a question, though meant as a provocation, when that question that is honestly posed by many, is the correct way to address it.

edit: I see this too much happening in the political discourse today, and I really don't want to be part of it. Writing something dismissive and mostly mindless like "bad take" is easy and everyone who agrees with you is going to cheer you on. It's nearly guaranteed to get you a cheap bit of emotional satisfaction, and we get enough of that on social media. I thought about doing that and then decided that I wasn't going to be that lazy before I wrote my post.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I completely understood what you were saying, and I'm saying that it was unnecessary to add any of that given the situation.

To put it in perspective, if Mr. Moo died tomorrow, all I'd say is, "I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he rests in peace." and leave it at that.
I think that would be doing the Fade to Black a disservice to just say something nice and move on. He deserves to be looked at as a human being who lived a complete life.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I think that would be doing the Fade to Black a disservice to just say something nice and move on. He deserves to be looked at as a human being who lived a complete life.

:|.......... yeah okay.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am sorry to read of his passing.
we spoke several times and he was always nice to me
I did some work for him in the early days and knew he was pursuing art.

Suicide is always sad, I never understood it and surely don't think i want to.
RIP Mr Wong, and may comfort be in the hearts of your loved ones.

On another note I must ask about another former member here. @Noctone
He was a very good customer of mine and friend and he seemed to have completely disappeared.

I wonder about him occasionally and do hope he is OK. anyone know him outside the forums and know he is fine dont have to reply here but can message me.
Life......

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:|.......... yeah okay.
tbh, I find your reaction strange, considering that we agree on the merits, and also have a common disagree with the same other posters in this particular case. But whatever.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, I think that we recognize that he was a person and had faults (we all do) but I just don't think it was necessary to say he was a personal pain in your ass nor that you could reproduce his work (yes, I understand the reason why you said that, you could've made the same point without bringing your own skills into it)—though I agree with the point you're making that technical reproduction can be done and that people are complex humans.

Basically, the issue is that you made something about someone else to something about you, which is the weird part of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads