• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rambo's World Adventure

youngScholar

Reaction score

if you haven't travelled much before, probably better to start somewhere that speaks english

Rambo, Denmark would be a good starting point if you wanted to be outside the Anglosphere but not completely lost on how to communicate with people. Most Danes speak excellent English. You would also be starting off in a different, albeit well-developed, country.

However you start, I wish you good luck on your travels. :)

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

Rambo, Denmark would be a good starting point if you wanted to be outside the Anglosphere but not completely lost on how to communicate with people. Most Danes speak excellent English. You would also be starting off in a different, albeit well-developed, country.
However you start, I wish you good luck on your travels. :)

If Rambo goes to Denmark, jeg vil gå med ham. Seriously.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Actually, if you want to start by getting outside the "Anglosphere," you do not even need to leave the continent. Check out Montreal or Quebec City and say "hi" to Neo.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Actually, if you want to start by getting outside the "Anglosphere," you do not even need to leave the continent. Check out Montreal or Quebec City and say "hi" to Neo.

He'll probably be too busy with his rounds and studying for his boards to hang out with little ole me.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've been looking into GAP, more specifically the 82 day south america tour. you should check something out similar. it's a good way to get your feet wet before you go abroad by yourself.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

i've been looking into GAP, more specifically the 82 day south america tour. you should check something out similar. it's a good way to get your feet wet before you go abroad by yourself.

I have no idea what this is. Info?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
take the plunge, you won't do this again, so try to do everything before you come home .

lets say you go out in a few weeks. go south, hit panama, Colombia, Peru, Ecoudor, chile and Argentina - march april may june. then, you hit Europe in july starting as far north as you want to go, heading south, hitting Munich around 15 Sept and maybe ending up in Sicely in late October. then egyp, Israel, jordan and dubai (Dubai just briefly), hitting India around Dec, then India, Indochina, China so that you get to Japan around April- May for cherry blossoms, and then back to regular life. leave Australia for another time.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have no idea what this is. Info?

http://www.gadventures.com/

they're based out of Canada, but do tours all around the world. Groups are on average 12 people and everything is basically arranged for you. My dream is to travel the world for 1-2 years, but i'd like some experience before hand and something like this seems like a solution.

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rambeux, do you need a man servant to tag along with you? (No **** :))

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm very happy for you Rambo and you have my best wishes on this adventure.

My advice? Well, this sounds silly and cliche but KEEP YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR - in every tough and uncomfortable situation, with every difficult person you come across, step outside of yourself and witness how funny, ironic, absurd, etc it all might be. By doing this you change those moments into something of value, especially when you look back on them. You want as many of your experiences to be good experiences. You are also, while in the moment, better able to recover from a difficulty and move on with your spirits high.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
btw, don't rely on just one credit card. and if your insurance doesn't cover it get some kind of traveler's insurance just in case you get sick, get mugged, or whatever.

Last edited:

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you make it to Vancouver let me know...It's a pretty good hub for getting to Asia. We can go out for a beer and if you're normal, you can sleep on my couch. lol

I'd consider it a personal slight if you don't visit my third-world paradise.

It's still overrated.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.gadventures.com/
they're based out of Canada, but do tours all around the world. Groups are on average 12 people and everything is basically arranged for you. My dream is to travel the world for 1-2 years, but i'd like some experience before hand and something like this seems like a solution.

Gads indeed. Man, this is totally opposite of my idea of travel. Is this for sickly pensioners? Everything arranged. Stuck with a group. Many of whom are self-righteous, chip-on-the-shoulder Canadians.

I've traveled extensively, and for extended periods up to 7 months, and have most often done so solely. Embrace you inner selfishness. You have the remainder of your life to make compromises, be bossed around, and suck it up. Very few ever allow themselves the joy of being responsible to no one but themselves. Follow no one's plan but your own. Rise when you want to rise, eat what you want to eat, visit what you want to see. No compromises.

Think you may get lonely? Trust me, when you're on the road you'll meet plenty of folks, both locals and fellow travelers (Scandinavians and Dutch are the best, me thinks). Maybe you'll hang for a few hours, maybe travel together for a few days. And when your whim takes you in another direction you'll part ways, saying: "Have a good life."

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads