• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rambo's World Adventure

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm. Well, I do plan on being out for a good while, so its not like I'm trying to do every country in 2 days. Would that info change your estimation?

i would tend to agree. i've done a lot of backpacking - Asia, S.A., NZ, aus, and I am from Europe so been everywhere there. After a few months you just get sick of all the moving around, and in a weird way start to miss the 9 to 5.
If you are serious about a long ass trip for over a year you should seriously plan to work somewhere for a few months to cool off.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hmm. Well, I do plan on being out for a good while, so its not like I'm trying to do every country in 2 days. Would that info change your estimation?

You know yourself better than I do, but as a travel newbie you might find being away from home for more than a few months at a time to be a bit overwhelming. International travel is awesome, but it can get tiring. Because you know you're going to be in Munich for Oktoberfest in September, why not plan a trip to Europe and then reassess how you're feeling after a few months?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

i would tend to agree. i've done a lot of backpacking - Asia, S.A., NZ, aus, and I am from Europe so been everywhere there. After a few months you just get sick of all the moving around, and in a weird way start to miss the 9 to 5.
If you are serious about a long ass trip for over a year you should seriously plan to work somewhere for a few months to cool off.

Good advice. Unfortunately, i won't know how it goes until I get out there and do it. But I'm pretty much not planning anything more than a few months in advance. The rest I can pick up on the fly.

You know yourself better than I do, but as a travel newbie you might find being away from home for more than a few months at a time to be a bit overwhelming. International travel is awesome, but it can get tiring. Because you know you're going to be in Munich for Oktoberfest in September, why not plan a trip to Europe and then reassess how you're feeling after a few months?

Hmm. Its entirely possible. But 5 months just in Europe?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Oh Adult Tintin, you know me so well.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Oh Adult Tintin, you know me so well.

I enjoyed reading the advice that you received in this thread.

If you are picking a starting point at random, start in Uruguay, then Argentina, along the lines that globe-y suggested.

ThomasoAIK

Reaction score
Try to get to one or some of the citys in poland/ukraine in june when the european football championship takes place. Could be a good start to your european leg of the trip and end it with oktoberfest a couple of months later.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

start in Uruguay

a young lady in montevideo complained to me that the ratio of women to men was crazy high, so competition was tough. wikipedia disagrees but the sheer volume of honeys i saw in the bars and clubs supported her thesis.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just read the entire thread. I don't have much to offer, but if you do go to Beijing or Shanghai or anywhere else in China, hollar at me. I'll try to hook you up with free room and board.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just read the entire thread. I don't have much to offer, but if you do go to Beijing or Shanghai or anywhere else in China, hollar at me. I'll try to hook you up with free room and board.

We talking snuggling up in a chicken coop here? I mean, I'm still down, but I'm just curious.

yo you better decide on your itinerary.

Why, what's the rush?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
As for talk about missing home...I can tell you after two weeks I'm ready for at least a little time at home. When I was a pup, and went through a period of business travel, a three week or month long assignment where I could not come home even for the weekend sucked.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why, what's the rush?

if you ARE planning to work while you are away, you might need to sort a working visa. they can take time. other than that, the idea of making it up as you go along sounds pretty cool.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

As for talk about missing home...I can tell you after two weeks I'm ready for at least a little time at home. When I was a pup, and went through a period of business travel, a three week or month long assignment where I could not come home even for the weekend sucked.

Hmm. Well, I admittedly know nothing about this, since I've never been gone for more than 5 days, but if it does happen I could always hunker down in whatever city I'm enjoying myself in for a brief period of time.

if you ARE planning to work while you are away, you might need to sort a working visa. they can take time. other than that, the idea of making it up as you go along sounds pretty cool.

Well, I'd like a rough outline, but I kind of want to be able to play it by ear. That's why Whodini's Euro Bus adventure thing sounded kind of cool.

No job while I'm away, unless I just manage to stumble ass backwards into something, or I decide to stay somewhere for more than a few weeks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads