• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

movoblast

Reaction score
Last edited:

katch

Reaction score
Going to Paul Stuart tomorrow to try these on. The Islay is a beautiful boot. Love the grain

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beach Bum

Reaction score
I need help here. I'm size US 13 and in market for a nice brown boot. Basically it's calling my name but ain't cheap. Is that as good as a deal gets for Islays? Are they top notch boots?

Should I pull the trigger? Haha thanks guys.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
I need help here. I'm size US 13 and in market for a nice brown boot. Basically it's calling my name but ain't cheap. Is that as good as a deal gets for Islays? Are they top notch boots?

Should I pull the trigger? Haha thanks guys.

I would be careful with sizing. I just tried on these boots on the 365 last, and the 325 last, and i'm a 13D US in sneakers, 12E ish in most shoes, and 12UK fit me pretty well, when I thought 11.5UK would. So really, it's best to try on, or at least be ready to return.

Awesome price though, if you can nail the fit.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone offer some sizing advice for the Islay (365 last)? If I am tts US 10D, will I be good to go with the 10/9 offered at Paul Stuart? Are they in fact the Islay? Thanks in advance!

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone offer some sizing advice for the Islay (365 last)?  If I am tts US 10D, will I be good to go with the 10/9 offered at Paul Stuart?  Are they in fact the Islay?  Thanks in advance!

RTP, I can't vouch if it's in fact the Islay but I'm an 8D on Barrie and my Islay's are UK7.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Islays (could be the Purdey/Richard James 325-lasted model) at Paul Stuart for an excellent price.

http://www.paulstuart.com/product_i...56&MainCatId=14&HEADERMENUID=1&SUBPRODCATID=0

-VF
It doesn't look like the 325 last. The pics on the PS website look much more like the shape of the Islays on the C&J website (365). I called PS and the SA would not confirm who makes them. He did say that it could be C&J but it wasn't the store's policy to divulge the maker.

Damn you Von Franz! Why did you have to post this sale... not sure I need a wingtip boot, but not sure I can say no to this deal. It may lead to even more C&J!

In all seriousness, thanks for sharing the link! All the best to ya VF!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads