• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

SpallaCamicia

Reaction score

I have these exact boots.

I use Saphir MDO Mahogany color wax polish

This will keep the reddish hue and give them a beautiful patina over time between the chestnut leather color and the reddish polish.

Hi there another option is Campari in another Saphir range on the creme Surfin
http://www.avel.com/product-details-creme-surfine,3

I actually don't always use the same shoe polish and I have a pair of CJ Belgraves in chestnut and so does my friend. They are different colour overtime but that's the beauty of it you don't have to match the colour but sort of develop your own over the years.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interesting makeup that is very out-of-the-box for C&J. Glad to see they are broadening their horizons.

The burgundy color is great. I would polish that with black.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interesting makeup that is very out-of-the-box for C&J. Glad to see they are broadening their horizons.

The burgundy color is great. I would polish that with black.

Yeah but this an MTO so it's not really out of the box thinking by C&J. It's just something they did by request for a specific customer.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah but this an MTO so it's not really out of the box thinking by C&J. It's just something they did by request for a specific customer.

A couple years ago I asked about this and they said they wouldn't do it.

So it is out of the box.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple years ago I asked about this and they said they wouldn't do it.

So it is out of the box.
Ok, now your original statement makes sense to me. Thanks for the additional information.

Cheers,

Dan

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks.  They are US sized. they fit similarly to my C&J for RL, Marlow wingtip bluchers which are also US sized and fit a bit narrow in the toe box.  If you are 10.5C US, I bet you could go with 10.5D and be good to go.

Good luck!

On my experience of the US make ups the 11D is a better fit for me. Saying all that he is me today a few years after I started wearing a pair of C&J for RLs from the noughties in 10.5D. Handgrade specs.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The tan double-monk BBBF from C&J just came in. They're a little darker/orangish than I had hoped, but still look and feel great!
I saw that these are on heavy markdown now. Do you think they're more on the casual side, or would they go well with a suit.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw that these are on heavy markdown now. Do you think they're more on the casual side, or would they go well with a suit.

I picked up a pair this afternoon. (Thanks again, ReppTiePrepster, for your advice and help with sizing.) With the discount I paid under $300.

I plan to wear them (occasionally) with a suit But IMO these are casual shoes. And pretty great ones at that.

AHS

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pair this afternoon. (Thanks again, ReppTiePrepster, for your advice and help with sizing.) With the discount I paid under $300.

I plan to wear them (occasionally) with a suit But IMO these are casual shoes. And pretty great ones at that.

AHS
What discount was this?? Great price!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How heavy is this markdown? I think these are more on the casual side, but I think they would work with suits on the less formal side, like linen, cotton, seer sucker, etc...

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reduced from $698 to $418. And BB had a special this week - at least in the San Francisco stores - of an additional 30% off your purchase if you spend $300 or more. :)

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reduced from $698 to $418. And BB had a special this week - at least in the San Francisco stores - of an additional 30% off your purchase if you spend $300 or more. :)

+1

It something like $325 CAD in Toronto.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Killer price!

Anyone knows if Purdey UK will be having a Christmas sale? They have amazing C&J boots there ..

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads