• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had these shoes and I agree they age excellently. Unfortunately, the 240 is just a bit too conservative but I admit for me, it is a nice fitting last.

Hey dsmivtr, I agree that it's a pretty conservative last.

By the way, I should have mentioned in my post that I actually bought these shoes secondhand from Ich_Dien.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey dsmivtr, I agree that it's a pretty conservative last.

By the way, I should have mentioned in my post that I actually bought these shoes secondhand from Ich_Dien.

It looks much better for larger sizes... it just wasn't right for 7E. :)

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm planning to buy the C&J Savile. This shoe will be worn mostly with dark jeans because I'm a student.

The colors I'm chosing between are dark brown leather and mink suede. I cannot make a decision and I'm too poor to buy both :)

Leather

Suede

Votes please :)

Last edited:

vonklark

Reaction score
^
They are both nice but I would go for the leather one. Could be worn to almost anything, suede is little hard to pull off and could not be worn with anything and always.

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, I'm planning to buy the C&J Savile. This shoe will be worn mostly with dark jeans because I'm a student. 

The colors I'm chosing between are dark brown leather and mink suede. I cannot make a decision and I'm too poor to buy both :)

Leather

Suede

Votes please :)

I just want to commend you for, being a student, able to afford a C&J Handgrade. :)

Personally I would go with the dark brown leather. I like how they age and they are more versatile.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

leather vs suede: 2 - 0

^ thanks :)

monk = casual, so the answer is suede.

the guy who mentioned AE doesn't count, sorry. so it is 1 - 1, up to now.

vonklark

Reaction score
monk = casual, so the answer is suede.
the guy who mentioned AE doesn't count, sorry. so it is 1 - 1, up to now.
Why doesn't I count
happy.gif
?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the 336 last on the C&J anything like the 511 last of the AE Leeds?

I have a pair of the old old model Clifton on a narrower last and they hurt my feet overtime. Was just wondering if the 336 will be similar to which.

I take 8.5D and considering the 7.5E Audley as a new cap toe in my rotation (2 pairs for work)

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads